JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive With PCOS (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f149-trying-to-conceive-pcos/)
-   -   Offically joining you guys :( (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f149-trying-to-conceive-pcos/2617767-offically-joining-you-guys.html)

mamaquiltthief January 23rd, 2013 03:28 PM

Offically joining you guys :(

Hey Ladies.

Got my test results in december and I do have PCOS. My Dr says I have to loose weight for six months befor I can start any treatment. So I am starting weight watchers.

I'm fealing so low, I feal like there is no point DTD, I have no drive to do it if I'm not ovulating. Last time I think I ovulated was probably september.

:( Hope six months hurries up :(

zonee@gmail.com January 24th, 2013 02:50 PM

Re: Offically joining you guys :(

Why weightloss for 6 months? I can understand how you feel, it is def a blow. I know i feel/felt deceived and betrayed by my body. It is a difficult thing but hopefully it can be remedied quickly and you have a bfp soon. As to dtd i think it is still good to do it, it keeps the bond there and the fire, also ya never know you could get a surprise pregnancy! But obviously do what you are feeling and comfortable with. Good luck!!!!!

mamaquiltthief January 24th, 2013 04:29 PM

The dr said that diet and exercise is sometimes enough to kick start your ovaries. Ugh. I just dont feal upto it but anythingfor that bfp eh?

zonee@gmail.com January 24th, 2013 04:47 PM

haha yes anything for a bfp! well we technically need them for it but too bad we can not will ourselves to be! I was just wondering, i lost about 7 lbs (gained it back thanks to holdays) and am dieting again! Wishing you lots of luck!! And baby dust in the meantime. Hoping maybe this cycle to have a bfp. : )

Frozenoj January 29th, 2013 01:10 AM

Losing weight can definitely get your body doing what it's supposed to again, in fact we have some success stories on this board that were able to conceive by losing weight. However, that's not enough for some people. When I was in highschool I weighed in the normal range, about 115-130. I still never ovulated. I would have needed medical intervention then like I do now at almost 200 so no point in losing weight first. But if you were able to get pregnant on your own, then the diet/exercise might just do the trick. 6 months seems like an awfully long time though when you want a baby. I don't know if you are interested in a second opinion but you could probably find someone willing to start treatments in 3 months or even right away, in conjunction with weight loss efforts.

I would definitely not worry about baby-making sex until you know you are ovulating. Don't pressure yourself. Just do it because it's fun and you love your FH. If you see it as a chore it's really easy to lose the passion. I know for us some of the best sex we've had was when I had already O'd or we knew I wasn't going to, so the pressure was off. So try to think of it as doing it just for the enjoyment of it and not for baby making.

-Brandy- February 4th, 2013 08:40 PM

I remember you from the TTC board- HI!! Sorry to hear you were diagnosed with PCOS, but atleast now you know the hold up. As for the weight loss, PCOS will often make it really hard to lose weight. Are they not willing to put you on Metformin? Metformin will help to regulate the PCOS, in many people, which will in turn help to regulate you AND often helps many women with PCOS lose weight. I think I would seek a second opinion and see if you can get Metformin to assist with the weight and subsequently getting your cycle straight.

zonee@gmail.com February 5th, 2013 03:30 PM

I agree with Frozenoj!! Wishing you success and hope all is well : )

MommaHarvey February 5th, 2013 08:32 PM

Just to give you a little hope. With DS1 my DH and I tried for 2 1/2yrs, the last 7mo of that with medical assistance and I never O'd. After 7 rounds of clomid I was told that I had to stop and either try something different or try weight loss. I couldn't afford any other meds so we did give weight loss along with Metformin for insulin resistance as try. And I was pg after 6mo and 25lbs lost. So it can work. And I hope it works for you. Fertility drugs are no fun.

mamaquiltthief February 25th, 2013 03:35 AM

Thanks ladies. Im hoping when im transferred they will start me on metformin. This dr is my second opinion the first one told me pcos doesn't effect fertility.

khassy February 25th, 2013 06:39 AM

yeah i agree with brandy, me too is quite over weight altough she advised me but my doctor dont push me to lose weight, when i have diagnosed with pcos she put me on metformin right away. after 20days (today) of metformin i lose a bunch of weight which is impossible this past few years. but the side effect of metformin is awful. try to seek for a 2nd opinion.

MrsOrganization2011 February 25th, 2013 09:26 AM

I know that losing weight isn't fun, believe me. I have struggled with weight loss for most of my life and finally decided to have lapband surgery to help with the weight loss. Since having the surgery I have had 3 un-medicated cycles which were no longer than 45 days and for me that is AMAZING. Before surgery I was going between 60 and 120 days between cycles. I know the cycles I have so far aren't the greatest, but they will get better as more weight comes off so don't give up ... it will all be worth it in the end!!