JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive With PCOS (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f149-trying-to-conceive-pcos/)
-   -   Ttc with pcos using herbs/vitamins (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f149-trying-to-conceive-pcos/2641038-ttc-pcos-using-herbs-vitamins.html)

Liamsmommy81 April 5th, 2013 07:47 PM

Ttc with pcos using herbs/vitamins
Hi all, I'm brand new to ttc on herbs/vitamins. I have pcos and have like 3 periods a year without taking metformin. I was on metformin 2000mg/day for almost 2 years with no bfp's, so i gave it up. Now I'm trying vitex, soy isoflavones, wild yam, evening primrose oil, maca, fertility blend sp-1, b complex, and folic acid. I haven't had a period in 3 months though, so I'm going to my Obgyn in a couple days to get back on metformin and possibly progesterone(?) to get my period ASAP so I can start my herbs. Can anyone tell me if how I plan on taking them sounds ok?

Vitex all cycle except during menstruation
B complex all cycle
Folic acid all cycle
Maca all cycle except during menstruation
Evening primrose oil cd1-O
Wild yam cd1-O
Soy isoflavones cd 3-10
Fertility blend sp-1 cd 3-10

khassy April 6th, 2013 02:30 AM

Re: Ttc with pcos using herbs/vitamins
does ob gyn or RE recommend those herbs?

Liamsmommy81 April 6th, 2013 05:12 AM

I haven't asked her yet, but I will when I see her on Monday. I've seen a ton of research and personal accounts that claim using them will help women with pcos to ovulate and regulate their cycles.

zonee@gmail.com April 6th, 2013 09:22 AM

Just beware some can actually through your body further off than it was before, each person's chemistry is unique.

LucasMom11 April 10th, 2013 07:08 AM

I am taking pre natal vitamins, Folic Acid and Royal Jelly, but I think those are way too many things to take....even if they are 'natural', herbs can be powerful and mixed...I just don't know. It could be too much for your body....discuss it with your doc first, I fear it may end up being more negative than positive...

Good luck in yout TTC journey! )

PCOSwDD May 10th, 2013 08:13 PM

Hi I am new to this forum. I have TTC w/herbs and was successful, but lost my baby at 8wks. Since then I have not wanted to try again. Now I am not sure what's in the fertility blend you are taking, but something that will help you get AF fairly quickly w/o jolting your system is red raspberry leaf tea. I only used my herbs in that way just to insure that I got only what I wanted and nothing extra. With the tea I regulate my AF w/o metformin, but it is a daily thing. There are a lot of natural things out there that are not hard on your system. Good luck & blessings to you & yours.

Shelz@_@ May 19th, 2013 02:05 AM

@PCOSwDD I just got some red rasberry leaf tea my question is this how much did you drink a day and how long did it take for af to show Im going on 122 days now. this has never happened before. I had a normal cycle until dec .. jan 18 th was my last period. so this is driving me mad. would love to know what helps Im not taking any meds didnt need to but now Im think I have 2.

maryandrio June 17th, 2013 11:36 PM

its good...

Alpha1 June 18th, 2013 12:59 PM

I am new here and haven't introduced myself yet but my RE put me on insitol and folic acid. She said I could take up to 2000mg of insitol but I am only up to 500mg. That is where I feel best. And it needs the folic acid to function.

mamaquiltthief June 21st, 2013 04:34 AM

I'm not sure your ment to take Vitex and SoyI together.