JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive With PCOS (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f149-trying-to-conceive-pcos/)
-   -   Let's revive this board!!!! ROLL CALL (NEWBIES, OLDIES & GRADS) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f149-trying-to-conceive-pcos/2709344-lets-revive-board-roll-call-newbies-oldies-and-grads.html)

ZaydensMomma February 21st, 2014 12:21 PM

Let's revive this board!!!! ROLL CALL (NEWBIES, OLDIES & GRADS)

Hello!

I have been lurking through many old threads. and I honestly can't believe this board is DEAD!
I hope the oldies can come back and help us through the journey!

Roll call:

Introduce yourself and what is your background?

If you got pregnant, what is your success story?

If you are TTC, what method are you using?

I think we can get this board back.... I know myself, I am very overwhelmed with PCOS information!

ZaydensMomma February 24th, 2014 01:12 PM

Re: Let's revive this board!!!! ROLL CALL (NEWBIES, OLDIES & GRADS)

Come on ladies... come out of hiding! :lol:

I guess I'll start with myself... and hopefully few will come around. :D

My name is Aaron Nicole. I just got diagnosed with PCOS by ultrasound showing pearl looking on my ovaries. I will find out the blood test results related to PCOS.

I don't know yet til after my blood test result. If it shows I'm not ovulating, then we will know what to do next time.

Jodimarie February 28th, 2014 11:53 PM

Hello! My name is Jodi and I was a really old member of this board and its so sad to see it dead :( I'm a graduate and just had my baby boy December 26th! I think you are exactly what this board needs to get it going again! I can update tomorrow on my story, right now its late and I just wanted to pop in and say that i'm around :D

katylady March 15th, 2014 09:11 AM

Hi I'm Kathryn! I had cysts on my us but ended up that my blood levels looked more like Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. Went to go get that test done just to find out I was pregnant. I have not gone back to test b/c we are a one and done family. Lots of luck to all the ladies TTC w/PCOS. I was on the board about 3 years ago.

MandyRS March 15th, 2014 09:13 AM

Great idea, Aaron! :D Obviously I'm a super oldie too...haven't been around this board in awhile, but I used to be co-host (back when I was MandyT). Jodi, your little guy is my birthday buddy! :D Great day to be born! Congratulations!!! I got my all-natural BFP two weeks ago...Aaron, obviously you know the whole story! But I will share it in more condensed form here on the board soon. I did a LOT of hard work with nutrition, exercise and supplements...and now here I am! It can happen!! :) Good luck to all lurking/still trying!

epsilonbeta March 15th, 2014 01:42 PM

I got diagnosed with PCOS last April after being off BC for that time and not having a period. We had been NTNP we were so confused on why I wasn't pregnant since I wasn't having a period. They did the ultrasound to discover both my ovaries covered in cysts. We had to do a forced cycle on Provera at that point.

September of last year I was told I most likely would never get pregnant on my own so I had an appointment with the REI at the end of the month. There was a bottle of Provera on my kitchen counter because I hadn't had a cycle since July but the doctor wanted me to wait until my REI appointment. 1 week before the appointment I decided to torture myself by POAS only to be surprised with a BFP. I am now over 6 months pregnant with my miracle baby. The only thing I had tried at that point was cinnamon pills. The doctors were very surprised by my pregnancy.

marline26 March 16th, 2014 06:25 PM

I'm here. Gosh I think the last time I posted was the year before last. I tried Soy ISO to get my ovulation regulated and it did help somewhat. I got frustrated with it though. I saw the RE we used to conceive our last, and he said he would follow the same treatment as before, but before we could get started my DH was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Long story short we have been in standby. Now, it looks as if he is cleared to try, but there were zero sperm to bank before treatment. So we are just trusting God and we shall see.

Jodimarie March 20th, 2014 09:19 PM

Whoops! Forgot to tell my story lol

My name is Jodi and I was diagnosed with pcos in January of 2011. I have the usual weight gain, acne and all the great side effects lol

If you got pregnant, what is your success story
I did fertility treatments for about a year and a half with no success, I then took a year off of medical treatments because of the costs and we werent successful. I Started taking Metformin at the end of 2011 and lost about fifty pounds (it came off slowly, about a year) I also worked out a little bit towards the end. I heard of a pill called Fertilaid that I tried and it gave me regular cycles right away! I love fertilaid, i O'd every month on it and on my 6th month I got my BFP which resulted in my son being born December 26th 2013! We'll be TTC at the end of the year or beginning of next year and I'll be taking that again for sure :) Its nice to see some ladies coming back to this board!

Hopingfor1soon April 3rd, 2014 01:12 PM

Just thought I would pop in as I browse from time to time and am a grad and now am TTC #2.

I am Alicia. I started TTC my son in 2007 and finally after a failed IVF we got pregnant via FET with my DS Mason who is now 3. My RE at the time didn't give me an official diagnosis, but suggested PCOS. We went on to start trying for #2 and had two early losses after IVF and FETs. We have since moved and switched REs and I got the official PCOS diagnosis and was started on metformin (which my new RE believes could have helped prevent my losses). We will be doing an FET the end of April and are hoping for Jan 15' baby!

Each time I have gotten pregnant it has been via FET or IVF. I also have used acupuncture and a strict low carb low sugar diet each time also.

We are trying another FET and if it fails we will try one more IVF and any FETs that we get and then will move on to adoption for baby #2. It is just so darn expensive!

Bartlettmomma April 7th, 2014 11:09 PM

Hi, my name is Brianna. I got diagnosed with PCOS on March 8 of this year. It was supposed to be my 8 week check up for my pregnancy, but I lost the baby on Feb 23. It was our second loss, we had another around the same time last year. We have been successful with one baby. Our daughter, Amaya, is now 3. She was born at 28 weeks, and was 2 lbs 11 oz, 15 in. She spent a little over a month in the NICU and we brought her home on Super Bowl Sunday... Which was somewhat funny because she was born on Christmas. We joked about her being the 'holiday' baby. We have been TTC for the last 2- 2 1/2 years now, but haven't done charting and opk because we didn't think it was necessary... I've always had irregular periods, and SOOO many PCOS symptoms, but I had 5 doctors tell me that because I was skinny, tall, and athletic, that it was normal for me to skip periods or have really light ones from time to time. I began discussing my periods with my new doctor up here in the Midwest (originally from GA) and she presented the idea to test for PCOS. Now, I have been placed on Metformin and I'm up to 1000mg a day, and my doctor said we could start Clomid as soon as I had my AF, which fortunately, was last week. So, just need to make the appointment now. Have started watching what I eat and drink, and have been looking into charting, etc. Truthfully, I'm completely overwhelmed.

Eager2bmom June 12th, 2014 10:19 AM

Hello! My name is Danielle. We're still ttc, but I think it's actually worked this cycle. It's my first injection cycle and im 12 dpo now with a dark frer! Sadly, I can't take it seriously because of hcg shot! Nice to meet everyone!

epsilonbeta June 12th, 2014 11:53 AM

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...a5696bae1c.jpgHere's proof of my success story! Born 6lbs 7oz and 20.2" on May 31

cupcakejen June 16th, 2014 05:40 PM

Hi! I'm Jen, and I just got diagnosed with PCOS. I've got the pearly ovaries.

My doctor is starting me on Clomid this month-so hopefully it will happen soon!

I just wanted to check in, because this board's really helped me since finding out about my PCOS and it makes me feel encouraged knowing there are a lot of ladies out there who were able to get pregnant with PCOS!

Sapphera June 30th, 2014 12:07 PM

I'm Michelle, and I'm an oldbie, though I never posted too often before since it was quiet around here at the time too ;)

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2001 when they were still throwing around scary stats like "5% chance of getting pregnant, and then only 10% chance of carrying to term". Broke my heart since all I wanted to be since I was young was a SAHM.

I have all the classic symptoms and am also insulin resistant. I have had good luck with my weight using the GI Diet (which isn't a diet..it's a way of life). I'm still overweight, but at least now it's controlled and is slowly going down. I ovulate about 4 times a year on my own.

Thankfully, things have advanced since I was diagnosed! In 2011 we decided to start trying, and in 2012 we were referred to a fertility clinic (even though I had the PCOS diagnosis, I still had to wait a year to get into the clinic).. and we got our BFP in July 2012 using chlomid alone.

Now, we are WTTC, as I need a new GP .. and it is really hard here finding a GP, let alone a female PCOS-friendly one! And I can't get a referral into the fertility program without one..so it's a forced wait.

bluenoser August 13th, 2014 06:59 PM

Hi! I'm Erin and am a newbie here. I'm soon to be 34 and my bf and I are TTC. This will be my first (after a m/c 11 years ago) and his third.

I was officially diagnosed with pcos today and was put on metformin, provera and clomid. My Dr is great and sees no reason why we shouldn't be successful, so we're hopeful.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi!