JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f460-trying-to-conceive-specific-gender/)
-   -   ♂ Boy Diet- Please help to make a list! ♂ (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f460-trying-to-conceive-specific-gender/1680844-boy-diet-please-help-to-make-list.html)

Marlz. August 23rd, 2009 08:16 PM

♂ Boy Diet- Please help to make a list! ♂

Foods

*Apples
*Apricots
*Avocado
*Bananas (Ripe)
*Grapefruit
*Grapes
*Lemons
*Lime
*Oranges
*Pears
*Peach
*Pineapples
*Raisins
*Strawberries
*Tomato's
*Watermelon (seedless)

*Potato's
*Celery
*Broccoli
*Garlic
*Green Beans
*Green Peas
*spinach

*Red meat
*Egg whites only

Drinks

*Pineapple juice
*tomato juice
*V8 Juice
*Lemon water- When you drink it it become super alkaline and is great for raising your ph level.
*Green Tea- Helps cm and improves your fertility.
*Baking soda drink (1/2 teaspoon into 1/2 glass a water. Stir to all baking soda is dissolved. Don't do this more then 7 times a day and for no longer then 2 weeks. Af-Ovulation)

*Tips*

Avoid Dairy and calcium. Try to look for foods that are very low in calcium. Dairy and calcium sways for girls.

Add salt to meals.. Helps to raise pH.

Potassium is found in the skin of some fruits and vegetables.

Food charts

Calcium food chart- low and high in calcium foods. Make sure you check that the food is alkaline and safe while on the boy diet. Make sure all food is low in calcium as calcium sways for girls.

Alkaline/Acidic food chart- While on the boy diet stick to the alkaline foods.

Thanks , Supergirl22 & LadybugMT for helping with the information on foods and drinks.

If anyone has any other foods that are safe to eat while on the boy diet please add them to the list.

Supergirl22 August 24th, 2009 06:45 AM

Re: Boy Diet- Please help to make a list!

Here are a list of foods and drinks that are alkalizing.

red meats, eggs, raisins, mushrooms, beans and bread. Also, eating saltier foods seems to favor the conception of a boy.

Ripe Bananas (not green)
Watermelon seedless,
Apples
lemon
Oranges
Broccoli
cantaloup
Spinach
Garlic
Herbal Tea
pineapple juices,
all pure fruit juices
breakfast cereal
tomatoe juice

celery, lettuce, asparagus, lemon, watermelon, grapefruit, green tea, almonds, and sunflower seeds. You want to avoid milk, breads and pastas, most meats, and sugars / convenience foods.
Eat lots of bananas and salty foods.

I have a long list at home and will try to put in more info. But this is what i have for now.

Marlz. August 24th, 2009 06:52 PM

Thanks supergirl, May I ask where you got all this info from?
I have added some and ill add the rest later.

LadybugMT August 24th, 2009 07:12 PM

Also foods high in potassium help sway for a boy......here is what I came up with.

List of Potassium Rich Foods:

Brown Rice, cantaloupe, figs, Honeydew, Kiwi, Legumes, Lima beans, Peaches, Potatoes, Prunes, Rasins, Roasted Peanuts with skin, Spinach, Squash, Vegetable Juices, Wheat Bread, White Rice, avocados, potato, celery, carrots, broccoli, Artichoke, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Corn, Dates, Green Beans, Green Peppers, onions, Papayas, Parsley, Peas, Romaine Lettuce, Strawberries, Sweet Potato, Tomato.

Note that potassium is found in the skin of many vegetables.

Supergirl22 August 25th, 2009 10:25 AM

actually all of the information I got was from other sites. I simply typed in
"boy diet" as my search and got a list as well as "alkalizing foods".

Marlz. August 25th, 2009 05:15 PM

LadybugMT- be careful hun I checked some of those foods and some are acidic and some have high calcium.. I added the ones that seemed to be safe though.

LadybugMT August 25th, 2009 06:22 PM

Thanks...........I just typed in potassium riched foods and those came up. Also did the same thing with alkalizing foods but I never checked the calcium. :rolleyes: I plan on doing the boy diet in full force this month!!

GirlzRock September 11th, 2009 04:03 PM

If I may chime in here... you really have to research between three food lists, Alkalizing Diet, Potassium and diet that increases testosterone. The goals are to increase pH, increase potassium and sodium, increase testosterone and eliminate most calcium/magnesium.

I don't want to lead any of you to another forum (I love JM!) but there is a diet guide on another site that I've found to be invaluable!! They've had people research and cross-check all three diets to find which foods are acceptable from all three diets.

Marlz - If you want to PM me, I'll share the site with you if you don't already know. I'm sure the ladies over there would be happy to let you use it if you feel it's appropriate ;)

Marlz. September 11th, 2009 05:07 PM

Do you have any foods or drinks we can add to the list for testosterone and such ? please do.

Thanks for the info!

Helena2009 October 4th, 2009 09:42 PM

Should w have Fish oil too?

ccp83 October 9th, 2009 05:26 PM

may be the reason Y i cant have a girl ....i eat 85% of what is listed...and i hate milk and yogurt. I just had my 3rd boy aug 28th 2009

LadybugMT October 10th, 2009 05:16 PM

I have also heard soups and chips are good to sway for boys.....maybe because they tend to be salty

stacistaci October 25th, 2009 09:33 PM

I have 4 boys (twins among them) and am getting one last shot at having a girl. I would love this invaulable list from that other site. A search on Google brought me to this forum on the topic.

I will say when i conceived my boys before, i did eat a lot of these foods. I ate a diet mainly of potatoes and red meat (roast beef, burgers), apples, grapes, brocolli, corn, tomatoes, peaches, garlic, and lots of wheat products. I also had Grape Nuts or Rice Krispies cereal every morning. Yep, won't be any of that for awhile now.

MichelleB October 27th, 2009 07:58 AM

Thanks for the list! I am pregnant with my first child and DH really wanted to have a boy first....we read online that if you have a beer before DTD, it will help you have a boy....so - DH would have one shortly beforehand and sure enough, we are having a boy! LOL I'm not sure if there is any truth to the "beer diet" - but it worked for us :)

xdalalx January 26th, 2010 07:57 AM

i've read also that dried apricots and raisens are also great

pregnancyquickstart August 18th, 2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccp83 (Post 17578369)
may be the reason Y i cant have a girl ....i eat 85% of what is listed...and i hate milk and yogurt. I just had my 3rd boy aug 28th 2009

Why don't you try to use The Whelan Method if your trying to conceive a baby girl.;)

mummy_of_5 August 22nd, 2010 10:02 PM

Re: ♂ Boy Diet- Please help to make a list! ♂

there is so much more to it than that though....

we finally had a baby boy in may this year(2010) after having 4 girls. we actually bought an ov kit so we knew exactly when i was oving. we didnt bd at all before the test came back pos and once came back pos for surge we waited until next day before bding then not again until after the pos hpt. hubby is usually a briefs man so for the first few months leading up to trying he switched to boxers and none. he also drank really strong coffee's for weeks leading up to bding and had 2 really really strong coffees within hours of doing the deed. we used deepest penetration as we could and well it actually worked and we now have a happy healthy 3 month old baby boy.

zan August 23rd, 2010 11:15 PM

hi, mummy_of_5.. can i consult you when do we start to test for oving. my menses is very irregular.. my first menses came on 2 jun 2010 (day 1) after i stop bf for six months and then second menses came on 17 jul 2010 (day 1) which is 45 days from the last menses..i have 2 girls and wanted a boy...

or any advice from the rest.. i thought to conceive a boy, women must take meat?

shell1981 August 24th, 2010 04:44 AM

Yes red meat is the best because it contains testosterone. I would start charting your temperature from the 1st day of your period, also i would start ovulation tests on cycle day 10. I would do this for afew months before trying for a baby so you begin to see a pattern in your cycle.
I would try to eat foods from the boy diet list as well as taking evening primrose oil and adding salt to your food and baths.

zan August 25th, 2010 01:28 AM

thank you for the advice... shell1981