JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f460-trying-to-conceive-specific-gender/)
-   -   Tips on conceiving a boy? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f460-trying-to-conceive-specific-gender/2489222-tips-conceiving-boy.html)

AimeeD041727 February 13th, 2012 05:29 PM

Tips on conceiving a boy?

Hi Everyone!
I'm Aimee and I am trying to conceive a little boy! I have three beautiful little girls and would love to add a little boy to our family.

I am CD 6. We are on our second month of trying.

I would love to hear any advice or tips on conceiving a baby boy.

Thanks!

Raven_Haired_Mama February 14th, 2012 08:01 AM

Re: Tips on conceiving a boy?

BD on ovulation day worked for us.

Good luck!

AimeeD041727 February 14th, 2012 09:06 AM

Thanks for the info!

mommyTTC3 February 15th, 2012 02:28 PM

I used OPKs and Basel temp to pin point ovulation . I drank tons of lemon water to get my CM to a good PH for boy sperm . I took fish oil tablets for extra CM . And timed sex during ovulation . Worked for us . After 2 girls we are adding a little boy to our family in JULY :)

Good Luck !!! FX for you ...

AimeeD041727 February 15th, 2012 04:27 PM

That is super exciting!!! I just starting using OPK's. Hopefully I should be ovulating in the next couple of days. How long should I do the lemon water and fish oil before hand?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyTTC3 (Post 25627645)
I used OPKs and Basel temp to pin point ovulation . I drank tons of lemon water to get my CM to a good PH for boy sperm . I took fish oil tablets for extra CM . And timed sex during ovulation . Worked for us . After 2 girls we are adding a little boy to our family in JULY :)

Good Luck !!! FX for you ...

mommyTTC3 February 16th, 2012 06:38 AM

I would start drinking lemon water now and start the fish oil .. Good Luck . Hope you get your little prince :)

AimeeD041727 February 16th, 2012 07:17 AM

Thanks so much! I went out last night and bought the lemons and fish oil. I started taking it then!

WrstlgMom February 22nd, 2012 10:49 AM

I have 3 boys!
I used opk/s when trying to conceive them. I had sex the highest fertility days & got 3 boys each time!! Good luck!

mindyjean February 24th, 2012 06:38 AM

I have 2 boys (am going to sway for girl next year), and I don't put much stock into timing of BD. When I look back at my diet, I was eating a lot of salty foods, cheese, lunch meats, bananas and eating lots of fruits and vegetables. I also exercised every day and lifted weights 2-3 times per week. We also BD on days 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20 both times our boys were conceived. I will send you boy dust if you send me girl dust! :) Good luck!

jackie4321 November 1st, 2012 02:52 PM

I am eating cereal, bananas, salty chips and soups, steaks and potatoes. Hubbie is drinking coffee right before BD. Baking soda finger is the easiest way to change CM ph from 4 to 8 in an instant and lasts four hours! There is so much debate on the timing (and of course, they are exactly opposite of each other) we are just BDing throughout the fertile window. I think PH is more important and I am making sure mine is very alkaline!! Don't knock the BSF until you try it! haha

maybebaby6 November 4th, 2012 12:38 PM

Hello. I have 5 daughters and a 2 month old son!! I swayed for a boy and it worked. I swayed for 5 months before trying. Only drank water with lots of lemon.changed my diet totally. Ate soup once a day. I only ate alkaline foods. No milk. Ate a piece of dark chocolate once a day. Took lots of fish oil and folic acid. No prenatal vitamins. Took cool shower befor bd. used opks. Dtd 12 hrs before ovulation. Raised hips for one hr. no jump and dump this time! Lol. Hubby took supplements too. Hope it works for u!!

ArmyWife28 December 19th, 2012 10:34 AM

I agree with the other ladies you need to BD the day before ovulation, the day you ovulate and after. Boy sperm don't live as long as girl sperm, boy sperm die off faster.

alittlelost February 28th, 2013 05:20 PM

Don't DTD every day and don't DTD too infrequently. Every other day or every third day would be best.
Orgasm. Even if it's after sex and you have to finish up on your own!
Eat a healthy diet of vegetables and meat and potatoes and "man food". Same for your husband.
Have husband avoid alcohol (raises estrogen which would sway girl)
both avoid smoking (sways girl quite a bit actually)
YOU work out, particularly lifting weights.
eat a bowl of cereal every day
have husband wear boxers, not briefs
try to conceive closer to a full moon than a new moon, if you can!