JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f460-trying-to-conceive-specific-gender/)
-   -   Swaying for Girl (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f460-trying-to-conceive-specific-gender/2630457-swaying-for-girl.html)

alittlelost February 28th, 2013 06:29 PM

Swaying for Girl

Everything with a star next to it we did.

Things that DEFINITELY sway girl.
-Clomid
-Vitex*
-Low Sperm Count (can be from age or other factors)*
-Smoking (sways a little if man smokes, sways a lot if woman smokes)* (husband smokes)
-Losing weight
-"Low Everything Diet" (I highly recommend this one but wasn't able to do it)
-Abstain for 7 days and then DTD at O+12 (harder to get pregnant with this one)
-DTD from the day AF ends through ovulation*
-Age (over 24, the older the better)*
-Being sick while TTC*

Things that MIGHT sway girl.
-Shallow penetration positions during sex (missionary, woman on top)*
-woman not drinking alcohol but man drinking alcohol (raises his estrogen)*
-Negative Ion's (fans, ion bracelet, and rock salt lamp)*
-no orgasm during sex for woman*
-low cervical mucous PH (we used PH strips to test)*
-no caffeine
-hot shower before DTD (lowers sperm count which sways boy)*
-man wearing briefs instead of boxers (lowers sperm count which sways boy)*

Strange things I DO believe in...
-Moon phase (closer to new moon sways girl, closer to full moon sways boy)*

Other things...
-Avoid the "October Effect" (September-November more boys are conceived. Not by a lot or anything, but there's an influx. I did get preg in Nov. with my girl, though.)

Notes:
-high protein diets sway boy
-cereal sways boy
-stress usually sways boy (if it's the obsessive, type-a-personality kind of stress. the "feeling like a victim" kind of stress sways girl)
-doing the opposite of anything here sways boy

I think that's about it! Hope it helps. Any questions, let me know!

Boy
Things that DEFINITELY sway boy:
-IUI (keep in mind clomid without IUI sways girl)
-High Sperm Count
-Younger ages (usually below 24 is ideal
-Not smoking
-eating a high-nutrient diet, especially with protein, salt, red meat, and potassium. You are right cereal sways boy, too!
-Lifting Weights
-Stress due to obsessive/winning nature.
-DTD every other day and close to O (but BEFORE Ovulation, not after). I'd say ideally, 1-3 days before O, and DON'T DTD every day. Also, DON'T go too long *without* sex because that can also lower sperm count and sway girl (so, twice a week to every other day is ideal for a boy sway)
-don't TTC while you have a cold.

Things that MIGHT sway boy.
-deeper penetration positions during sex (such as doggy style)
-woman orgasming. You can even do this AFTER your DH orgasms, which is supposed to be even better.
-you drinking but husband not drinking
-fertile CM and high PH
-drinking caffeine
-no hot showers before ttc
-man wearing boxers instead of briefs

Strange things I DO believe in...
-Moon phase (closer to new moon sways girl, closer to full moon sways boy)
-October Effect (September-November more boys are conceived. Not by a lot or anything, but there's an influx. I did get preg in Nov. with my girl, though.)

I think that's about it! Hope it helps. Any questions, let me know!

THE angry uterus March 1st, 2013 01:30 AM

Re: Swaying for Girl

The lower sperm count sways pink not blue.

You also forgot lifestyle affects. Very little to no exercise sways pink while moderate or a lot of exercise sways blue (any muscle building exercises). Weight loss sways pink.

Cereal doens't sway blue, eating breakfast sways because it raises your blood sugar levels. You want to signle to your body that it is in hard times so that it will increase your chances for a girl. Lower blood sugar levels, lower calories and nutrients signle hard times swaying pink. Skipping breakfast is also easier to skip then like lunch or dinner. If you eat breakfast balance it with a protien to try and keep your sugar low.

I can attest to the moon phases. My girls were conceived during the new moon or near the new moon and my boys close to or during full moons. My girls were concieved in Oct, Nov, and Dec. but I also had a boy in Oct and one in April. For me, seasons don't play a role.

Sleep deprivation sways pink also I've been told.

Muscle mass sways blue because of the testosterone. Competition sways blue to doesn't it since it raises testosterone?

Breastfeeding sways pink, antihistamines sway pink, timing doesn't really sway as shettles has been discredited, but there is some suggestion for the O+12 method.

Frequent release can sway pink if using withdrawl so that you aren't depositing each time and lowers the sperm count.

As far as the big O, I got my girls with one, and boys without. :o

Some are also using spermacide like 6 hours or so before attempting to try to kill off some of the swimmers, but not all, making it an unfreindly environment and therefore girl friendly. Its hard to get pregnant that way though...

THE angry uterus March 1st, 2013 01:31 AM

oops! Double post

alittlelost March 1st, 2013 07:36 AM

The lower sperm count sways pink not blue.

Yep, that's what I said :)

You also forgot lifestyle affects. Very little to no exercise sways pink while moderate or a lot of exercise sways blue (any muscle building exercises). Weight loss sways pink.
Yes, I left this out. I do think muscle building sways boy. But for me, weight GAIN has always swayed girl. (I was also 20lbs heavier when I conceived my girls and borderlining on having an eating disorder when I conceived my boys).

I did put in there about losing weight and low everytihing diet swaying girl, though, even though I didn't use that. Maybe you scanned over that part?

Cereal doens't sway blue, eating breakfast sways because it raises your blood sugar levels.
Many mommas have used the "cereal diet" to sway blue, but yet, skipping breakfast sways pink and eating breakfast sways blue too :)

(I don't think anyone in my DDC was affected by the October Effect, but statistically it seems to sway VERY slightly). I think it has more to due with weather though. We live in Florida so not sure OE would effect us anyway.

Different types of stress sway differently. Competition sways blue, as people can be "stressed about winning" or perfectionalism. The kind of stress associated with feeling like a victim sways pink though. I do say to avoid stress altogether when swaying pink though to be safe. I can post the study that shows stress can sway girl though ;)

Breastfeeding does sway pink (by reducing fertility). Antihistamines sway pink because of how it affects your CM. Timing I didn't put here because I don't believe in for the same reasons you say.

Frequent release sways pink AND withdrawal sways pink, but you can do one or the other and still sway pink.

I also advise against using spermicide if you don't want to be TTC forever :)

It might be confusing because I put "swaying for girl" in my post but i do have a LITTLE swaying for blue in this post, too. I know more about swaying girl, though :)

I've taken this information and made a questionnaire from which I can guess how likely someone is to have a certain gender. So far, my "leans" have been right 8/9 times :)

moxiemommie May 20th, 2013 04:50 PM

Has any of this been proven or could you ladies provide perhaps a percentage rate?

Sorry Im not trying to discredit this, we just rly want a girl ( we arent trying rt now) we have two boys)

JaeSung June 24th, 2013 08:27 AM

Seriously? Smoking causes it to be more likely to have a girl? All the research I've done of ways to have a girl, that was never mentioned. I already feel both the ones I lost were girls.

But my guy has both a son and daughter from when he was married.

How true is this?

I've that woman on top sways boy, I think.

And is it really true about alcohol?

nowitstwo September 26th, 2014 04:41 PM

We have been trying as many things to sway pink, dont know yet though for a few weeks at next scan?