JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f460-trying-to-conceive-specific-gender/)
-   -   TTC/Swaying for a boy? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f460-trying-to-conceive-specific-gender/2655975-ttc-swaying-for-boy.html)

islandbaby June 4th, 2013 11:04 AM

TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
This will be my first month ttc and I'm hoping for a little boy. I'm slightly confused as to when to dtd to sway for a boy! I will be using OPKs. When exactly should we dtd? I know everything I've read says 'close to ovulation' so does that mean once I get a positive on the OPK? Just a little confused since an OPK positive means that you should ovulate within the next 22-48 hours. Or should we dtd a day after getting a positive OPK? Ugh...this is so frustrating, lol. I already have two little girls so a little boy would just be wonderful! :)

islandbaby June 11th, 2013 01:14 PM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Anyone??? I'm already on cycle day 10 so any advice would be appreciated!!! :)

shell1981 June 14th, 2013 03:37 AM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
I never used opks but my boys were all conceived on ovulation day. Maybe if you get your positive in the morning dtd that night. Also get your dh to drink coffee half an hour before. Eat food high in potassium and sodium. Maybe red meat and potatoes and cauliflower. Jacket potatoes for lunch with a filling like egg and bacon or a ham sandwich or pizza with pepperoni, chips with lots of salt. Drink green tea. Maybe before dtd get dh to have a cool shower and you have a cool bath. Add sea salt to your baths if you can. Maybe take some cough mixture with guinfensein in that morning to help ewcm. dtd in a woman on top position. Make sure the room is cool.

islandbaby June 15th, 2013 04:32 AM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shell1981 (Post 27446976)
I never used opks but my boys were all conceived on ovulation day. Maybe if you get your positive in the morning dtd that night. Also get your dh to drink coffee half an hour before. Eat food high in potassium and sodium. Maybe red meat and potatoes and cauliflower. Jacket potatoes for lunch with a filling like egg and bacon or a ham sandwich or pizza with pepperoni, chips with lots of salt. Drink green tea. Maybe before dtd get dh to have a cool shower and you have a cool bath. Add sea salt to your baths if you can. Maybe take some cough mixture with guinfensein in that morning to help ewcm. dtd in a woman on top position. Make sure the room is cool.

Thank you so much for all of your advice!!!

shell1981 June 15th, 2013 05:02 AM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Bananas are full of potassium. Definitely eat lots of those too.

Motheroftwobeautiflgirls June 28th, 2013 12:16 PM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Hi there,

Did you try the boy diet and if so how long?


Thank you

katiep726 July 1st, 2013 05:48 AM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Shell has some great advice! I took potassium and evening primrose oil when TTC #1 and he turned out to be a boy. I'm also sure we conceived him on the day I ovulated which helps. I love salt, so I may never have a girl ;)

mzcora3 July 15th, 2013 10:20 AM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Boy swimmers are faster but dont last as long so if wanting a boy ud wanna bd right at ovulation or right after. Plus lots of potassium. This is what I read at least :D when I am ttc I would like a boy too.

Mrs.Julie July 16th, 2013 09:19 AM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
I will also be ttc boy in about 6 months. I'm a big banana cheese salt lover and I have 3 girls!!! So I do t know if there's anything I can do to sway boy but ill try anyway. And yes I've heard to bd on day of o and every day for a few days after. Good luck!!!

Motheroftwobeautiflgirls July 17th, 2013 11:07 AM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Katiep, how much of potassium and evening primrose oil did you take per day and for how long?

ttcblues August 7th, 2013 07:24 AM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.Julie (Post 27522375)
I will also be ttc boy in about 6 months. I'm a big banana cheese salt lover and I have 3 girls!!! So I do t know if there's anything I can do to sway boy but ill try anyway. And yes I've heard to bd on day of o and every day for a few days after. Good luck!!!

Julie,do you have any idea of your PH ? Is it acid or alkaline ?
Do u use to have big O in DTD?

Mrs.Julie August 9th, 2013 10:44 AM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Its always alkaline! I always o. Not sure does that have anything to do with girl or not. I don't know if I can cut out cheese!! :(

Mrs.Julie August 9th, 2013 10:50 AM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Nevermind, my ph is 7 which is neutral and not quite alkaline :)

ttcblues August 9th, 2013 01:43 PM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.Julie (Post 27575990)
Nevermind, my ph is 7 which is neutral and not quite alkaline :)

in this case,actually your body favors y sperms, not idea why u still have 3 girls.
Maybe u conceived them ahead of Ovulation day?
Have u ever done any sway for 3 girls when u conceived them?

THE angry uterus August 9th, 2013 02:51 PM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttcblues (Post 27576448)
in this case,actually your body favors y sperms, not idea why u still have 3 girls.
Maybe u conceived them ahead of Ovulation day?
Have u ever done any sway for 3 girls when u conceived them?

Could be DH's sperm count, or his pH. Do you know your pH after DTD?

Mrs.Julie August 9th, 2013 08:53 PM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Hey Jamie! Going for a girl eh? :) my older 2 have different dads so can't be my dh's sperm. It is possible that they were conceived a few days before o. In fact I'm sure 1 of them was, at least. I don't eat any red meat or pork and I eat a ton of veggies, fruit pasta, rice, bananas, cheese, coffee and water. I guess that's a girl diet? Lol I'm trying to change it. I never swayed...intentionally anyway!

THE angry uterus August 10th, 2013 07:02 AM

Re: TTC/Swaying for a boy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.Julie (Post 27577147)
Hey Jamie! Going for a girl eh? :) my older 2 have different dads so can't be my dh's sperm. It is possible that they were conceived a few days before o. In fact I'm sure 1 of them was, at least. I don't eat any red meat or pork and I eat a ton of veggies, fruit pasta, rice, bananas, cheese, coffee and water. I guess that's a girl diet? Lol I'm trying to change it. I never swayed...intentionally anyway!

:waves: Haha, yeah, ttc a girl in Jan/Febish. My cycles returned in Feb, but I haven't had a LP that goes past 7 days, yet. I'm hoping to score some clomid in Jan at my well woman appt, to lengthen my LP. Clomid sways PINK!!! BFing sways pink too, and even though DS needs to continue to BF for a little bit yet, I will use that to my TTC advantages! ;)

Remember anything that increases fertility sways BLUE. Maybe try soy-iso, switch to soy milk, eat soy burgers... soy sways blue. Expectorants increase EWCM and can sway blue too. Taking extra vitamins and making sure you eat several small meals a day to keep your blood sugar up sways blue.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.