JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/)
-   -   Hi Ladies! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/1526575-hi-ladies.html)

Twhylite21 April 18th, 2009 10:04 PM

Hi Ladies!

I've been lurking on this board for a while and thought I should introduce myself. My name is Shelley and I'm mommy to Lily (8.5 months). DH and I would love to get pregnant again now, but I still don't have AF back. Lily hasn't nursed at night for about 2 months and she only wants to nurse about 5 times a day now. I still leak a lot and deal with oversupply, so I think that might be another reason AF is taking its time coming back. I have been feeling crampy and getting migraines 2 days a month for the past 2-3 months, and it feels like AF is coming, but then nothing.

I kind of feel like I might be one of those women who don't get pregnant again until they wean.

Tunyia April 21st, 2009 05:45 AM

Re: Hi Ladies!

Hi :) I just noticed this post, but I think I've seen your siggie on other posts - your little girl is beautiful!! I'm in the same boat about wanting to TTC but no AF. My son is 15 months and still loves to nurse at night, though at times he will only wake once, and has STTN maybe 5 times. Mostly it's 2-3 times, though. Last night and seemed much more - he must be getting some teeth. Oh, he still nurses during the day, too. Anyway, I started getting light cramping and other hormonal symptoms back at the end of summer if I remember correctly. Started getting regular monthly EWCM in January. Still waiting for AF now in April!!! Every month I think it's just around the corner, but like you, think I probably won't be able to get PG until weaning, and DS is far from wanting to be a Weanie at this point.:p

Kisses-4-Baby April 22nd, 2009 03:23 AM

Hello! welcome!

Just wanted to say.. i too have been having cramping and other typical AF symptoms on and off. It's frustrating having all the signs and no AF i know... I think with DD AF returned at around 7-9 months? I can't remember exactly when. And I thought that was reeeally early for PPAF!! lol

2Reasons2Smile April 22nd, 2009 09:19 AM

Hello and welcome!

KCAmanda April 22nd, 2009 06:28 PM

Hi! I am a TTC graduate but still lurk on here - I ended up stopping BFing with my son at 9 months and got my BFP exactly a month later. I thought lessening and lessening the sessions of BFing would help me get PG [I even had my period return when Josiah was 6.5 mths but could not get PG]. Good luck hun!

mommy2noelle April 23rd, 2009 10:51 AM

Hi Shelley! I'm new to this board as well. My DD is 10 months old and only nursing at night. She refuses to really STTN or in her own bed, but it's ok for now. :)

I get AF signs a lot as well. I actually had AF last month exactly 5 weeks after my depo safety window ended, so I assumed my fertility had returned. Well, I've been having AF symptoms for the past few days and no AF or BFP for me yet either.

~*Kixs*~ May 6th, 2009 01:19 PM

Hey Shelly!!! Woooo Aug 08 PR :party: We can drink the water together :lol:

Are you charting at all?

Twhylite21 May 6th, 2009 01:53 PM

No, I haven't started charting. I have to look into it since I've never done it before. I read that it was pointless if I haven't had AF back, but then I was thinking I might be able to catch the first egg, so it shouldn't be pointless, right?

Mommy2Dakota May 7th, 2009 01:19 AM

Hey! Sorry to sound like a broken record (if you read my other posts! :D) but maybe you are one of the ones like me that can benefit from vitamins? If your daughter has stopped night nursing but your AF is still staying away then taking Agnus Castus (aka Vitex) can help bring your cycle to order. Do some research - lots of women say it brought back their AF. And for some it can lesson milk supply (although info on that varies). It is listed on Kellymom as safe whilst breastfeeding although one of our chicks here tried it and said it dried her up totally! She is ok now. I have been taking it for about 5mths now with no decrease in supply - I take it not for AF but to try to decrease my prolactin levels and heighten my progesterone to correct a luteal phase defect. It does increase my progesterone (I chart my temps) and fertile cm and also lessoned PMS symptoms. But taking B6 200mg has fixed my luteal phase defect. Perhaps B6, maybe just starting with 50 mg, could help you?

frgsonmysox May 7th, 2009 06:08 AM

My son is over 9 months old now, and I still haven't gotten my ppaf back. After I had my daughter it took only 7 months to come back. But just remember, that even if you get your period back you may not ovulate for a while yet.

~*Kixs*~ May 7th, 2009 06:28 AM

I would really suggest charting now so you get into the swing of things and get use to taking your waking temp at the sametime everyday. That way when AF does come back you will be an old pro at it ;)

Mommy2Dakota...that is a good suggestion about the Vitex! I have a short lutel phase and have to take progesterone for my 1st 13w of pregnancy...I have a history of RPL :(

Mommy2Dakota May 7th, 2009 10:20 AM

See, I never charted before my miscarriage in Dec 2007 so I have no idea what my body was doing before my daughter...but I wish I had charted as it took us 16mths to concieve her and I wonder now if perhaps I always had a progesterone deficiency and/or short luteal phase?

Vitex definitely heightens my post-ov temps so it must increase my progesterone? Although it took B6 to increase my LP.

I can't see any harm in trying these options? Have you spoke to the doc about hoping to be pregs whilst nursing? I imagine they wouldn't recommend it so maybe self-help will work for you as it is for me?

Twhylite21 May 7th, 2009 10:38 AM

Thanks for the vitamin idea! I'll definitely look into it!