JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/)
-   -   How long did it take to ovulate while bf (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/1547659-how-long-did-take-to-ovulate-while-bf.html)

Bubba's Mama May 4th, 2009 03:57 PM

How long did it take to ovulate while bf

I was just wondering how long it has taken you to actually ovulate while bf?

bostoncreampie May 4th, 2009 06:36 PM

Re: How long did it take to ovulate while bf

I just had my first post partum period 2 weeks ago, 15.5 months after my son was born! I'm not even sure I ovulated then, I'm thinking it was probably anovulatory.

2Reasons2Smile May 4th, 2009 06:50 PM

For me my cycle came back in January and has been fairly regular since then whether I have been ovulating is a whole other story for all I know they have been annovulatory!

frgsonmysox May 4th, 2009 08:51 PM

I have yet to get my cycle back this time. But after I had Anastasia I got my cycle back at 7 months pp, but didn't ovulate until 14 months pp. I got pregnant that cycle and miscarried, which my doctor told me was normal when you've had annovulatory cycles for so long. The egg just sits there and degrades so when you finally ovulate it's deformed and most likely it will miscarry to prevent an "abnormal" child. We got pregnant 6 weeks after our miscarriage.

Mommy2Dakota May 5th, 2009 12:08 PM

I was relaxed about ttc after my period returned at 9mths PP so I didn't chart or keep track for ovulation or anything. But I did get pregs 7-8 mths later which ended in miscarriage so I was obviously ovulating within those 7-8mths. I miscarried cos of a short luteal phase - I think they call it a chemical pregnancy? The egg basically hadn't time to implant properly before my AF hormones over-rode it.

~*Kixs*~ May 6th, 2009 02:10 PM

Dispite EFB I have a pretty quick return to fertility.

After I had DD AF came back 6m PP and I started Oing at 8m PP. AF also stayed regular with an average cycle being about 36 days.

This time around with DS I am still EBF and I delayed solids till 6m (did not delay solids with DD) AF actually showed up sooner at 5 & 1/2m PP and I O'd my 1st cycle. But AF is not regular this time around <_<

Thank you God! May 6th, 2009 02:24 PM

i got my period back at 8 weeks pp. i dont chart or temp for ovulation though. but i have been getting my period every 6-7 weeks.

**Jenn** May 8th, 2009 07:24 AM

I haven't had an anovulatory cycle. I always ovulate before my first pp af comes. With my first it was at 10 months pp and I got pregnant with my second son from that. With my second it was at 13 1/2 months pp. Short LP has plagued me this time around though so it's been a much longer road TTC.