JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/)
-   -   New here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/1585358-new-here.html)

sweetmama June 3rd, 2009 03:57 PM

New here

Hi everyone! I am new to these boards.
I am breastfeeding my 19 month old and my 3yr old. My cycle returned when my baby was 14 1/2 months old. I became pregnant in March but had a m/c early on. We have been trying to conceive now for two months; since the m/c.
I recently purchased a Clear Blue fertility monitor and am using it for the first time this cycle.
But otherwise trying to relax and wait on the L-rd's timing.

I look forward to getting to know all of you! :0

COMommy3 June 3rd, 2009 05:20 PM

Re: New here

Hello and welcome! Sorry to hear about your loss, hope that the BlueClear is successful and helps you this cycle. Good luck!

blondie-lox June 3rd, 2009 07:30 PM

Welcome :waves:

Kisses-4-Baby June 3rd, 2009 07:38 PM

Hello! I'm Elise (21) and DH is Remy (27) We have 2 children, Eva is nearly 3 and Jayden is 7 1/2 months :) We are NTNP atm.
I'm very sorry about your loss :( It's a difficult to m/c I know. Hopefully you will fall pregnant soon with the help of the fertility monitor
And, I think it's great that you're BF both your 19 month old and your 3 year old!

Mommy2Dakota June 4th, 2009 02:08 AM

Yay! Hello Sweetmama! I am nursing an almost 3yr old too! :p

I had a MC when she was 16mths and that is what led me to charting too! Its been 18mths ttc since then and I have a short luteal phase which was probably the reason for the MC (if your LP, time between ovulation and AF, is below 10 it can prevent implantation or cause an implanted egg to not hold long enough.
Opinions vary hugely as to whether a short LP is caused from nursing (nursing increases prolactin which decreases progesterone which in turn gives you a short LP). I believe it can and does but usually fixes itself by now so I am trying different things to 'fix' my issue without weaning (B6, Agnus Castus).
As you are nursing two it could be keeping your prolactin levels higher than when you got pregs whilst just nursing one?
Its good that your are starting charting as it can tell you if you have a short LP.

~*Kixs*~ June 4th, 2009 09:31 AM

:waves: Welcome to the board! My name is Nikki (27) and DH is Jim (also 27). We have 2 children Kaylie (almost4) and Scott (10m). I am still nursing Scott full time which is about 5-8 times a day.

I am sorry for your loss :( I have 3 angels.

sweetmama June 4th, 2009 09:38 PM

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.

Yes, I think I must have had a short lp as I found out I was pregnant before my next cycle was due and then had started to bleed right around when my cycle was due. Had a blood test and us; no baby and hcg levels had dropped down to 9 and baby was gone. :(

I am taking vitex and this cycle started taking a b vitamin complex also. Hoping for another baby soon! I also cut back on the amount I was nursing my 3 yr. old. We're trying now just to stick to bedtimes and if she needs to for comfort etc.. Hoping that helps also.

Mommy2Dakota June 5th, 2009 01:24 AM

Yeah I've been taking Agnus Castus too, since December or Jan...it didn't change my LP but did increase my EWCM (which was previously nil) and reduce some PMS symptoms. I was also taking Red Raspberry leaf but stopped once my bottle ran out. I have been taking B6 as well. The first cycle and a half I was taking 100mg with no LP change. Mid-cycle I upped to 200mg and got my first 10 day LP *happy dance* then the next cycle got 11 day LP......BUT this last cycle was back to 7 days? No idea why! My daughter is two to 3 nursing from bedtime til morning. I have now got progesterone cream to try (and am still taking the AC and B6 as well as a multivit and folic acid). I am looking forward to seeing if the cream makes any difference.

My MC was the same. I bled on my expected AF day but it stopped. Someone said 'do a preg test' so I did and was delighted to get a BFP but a few days later started spotting then bleeding then lost it.

Goodluck with your ttc! I hope the B-complex helps!

sweetmama June 5th, 2009 02:55 PM

Has anyone used progesterone cream for short lp's?
I am using the clear blue fertility monitor and was thinking that if I find this cycle that I have a short LP that I may start using the progesterone cream the day after ovulation so that if I did conceive it helps with implantation and holding that baby in there.