JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/)
-   -   New Here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/1624980-new-here.html)

KatieHeitman July 7th, 2009 01:51 PM

New Here

Hello all. I'm new here. I had a baby boy, Alexander Robert, born on March 26th. I am exclusively pumping, but this is my last week doing it. I have a month's supply in the freezer. DH and I want to TTC again, so I'm just waiting for AF. How long did it take for AF to come back for you after having baby? I'm afraid it might take forever for me, since I was irregular before due to the Depo Shot I was taking over 3 years ago. It took 3 years to have our son. I hope I get AF back very soon and that it doesn't take as long again to TTC #2.

~*Kixs*~ July 7th, 2009 02:02 PM

Re: New Here

My goodness your DS is so darn cute!!! And WTG for exclusivly pumping! I pump 2x a day and really don't like it. But we do what we have to for our kiddo's.

Once you stop pumping your AF should return fairly soon. It takes a bit for your hormones to level out...I *think* it is like 4-6w but don't quote me on that.

For me I EFB both my children and AF returned at about 5-6 months for me both times. But everyone is different.

I am sorry you had such a hard time TTC your DS and I noticed that you are an angel mommy too...so am I. But having a baby really changes your body! There is a girl in my PR who tried for 5y to get pg with her LO (born Aug 08) and she is now expecting a little suprise!!! I hope you have that type of wonderful luck too!

*Just curious but why are you going to stop pumping?

KatieHeitman July 7th, 2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*Kixs*~ (Post 16490193)
My goodness your DS is so darn cute!!! And WTG for exclusivly pumping! I pump 2x a day and really don't like it. But we do what we have to for our kiddo's.

Once you stop pumping your AF should return fairly soon. It takes a bit for your hormones to level out...I *think* it is like 4-6w but don't quote me on that.

For me I EFB both my children and AF returned at about 5-6 months for me both times. But everyone is different.

I am sorry you had such a hard time TTC your DS and I noticed that you are an angel mommy too...so am I. But having a baby really changes your body! There is a girl in my PR who tried for 5y to get pg with her LO (born Aug 08) and she is now expecting a little suprise!!! I hope you have that type of wonderful luck too!

*Just curious but why are you going to stop pumping?

I am stopping because it's a lot of work and we are very busy always on the go. I have enough in the freezer to get Alex through 5 months of age. So we are happy with that. Plus we want our kids to be close in age, so we want to TTC right away, but I have to wait for AF. There's many reasons I'm stopping.

Twhylite21 July 7th, 2009 04:45 PM

I am still nursing Lily (she's 11 months). I just got my first PPAF a few weeks ago. She was only nursing about 3-4 times a day when I got it.

~*Kixs*~ July 8th, 2009 12:10 PM

I can see where you are coming from for stopping pumping. I could not imagine having to wake up at night to feed a machine :yougogirl: WTG for pumping for so long! You have given your son such a wonderful gift.

So are you going to hang around here for a while? I would love to see updates from you and see how your TTC journy goes :)

KatieHeitman July 8th, 2009 07:00 PM

Yeah, I'll be hanging around a while. It will take at least a few more weeks to wean from pumping. I just started yesterday.

blondie-lox July 8th, 2009 08:32 PM

Welcome! I just got my first PPAF this week, and my son is almost 11 months, but he's EBF.