JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/)
-   -   +OPK..the impending first egg! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/1642109-opk-impending-first-egg.html)

underhermantle July 21st, 2009 02:30 PM

+OPK..the impending first egg!

:)Hi I am new to this board and am glad to see others who are BF and ttc. I just got my first PP +opk as well as fertility signs and I am thinking that I may possibly have my first ovulation?:bluecheer: I am so grateful that fertility is returning as we are hoping to have another baby! God willing we should become pregnant this would be my second conceived while BF and I plan to continue BF as I did during my last pregnancy. I wish everyone here to be blessed with a BFP really soon!;) I look forward to hearing all your stories.
Kerry

~*Kixs*~ July 22nd, 2009 07:34 AM

Re: +OPK..the impending first egg!

Hi! If you truly have a + OPK than what are you doing on the computer??? Go give your husband that look ;)

Good luck TTC!!! Glad you found this board. It will be neat to have some one who has gotten pg while BFing before to give us some insight.

underhermantle July 22nd, 2009 08:58 AM

LOL! Thanks for the reply. I thiink for me b6 plays a role as both my babies nurse alot ( my son is almost 3 and he self weaned at the age of 2 before my daughters birth). But my DD nurses a lot now. I am a big fan of b6 while ttc while bf! I think it helped me conceive her. :2cents:I am looking forward to reading everyones BFP post!!!

wishfulgal August 7th, 2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underhermantle (Post 16673628)
LOL! Thanks for the reply. I thiink for me b6 plays a role as both my babies nurse alot ( my son is almost 3 and he self weaned at the age of 2 before my daughters birth). But my DD nurses a lot now. I am a big fan of b6 while ttc while bf! I think it helped me conceive her. :2cents:I am looking forward to reading everyones BFP post!!!

I'm curious about B6...How much are you taking? How long did you take it before your fertility returned? This time and last time? Thanks!

And, Good luck! Judging by the date of your post, it's about testing time, right?

underhermantle August 18th, 2009 02:10 PM

Hi there just saw this now ...sorry! I am taking 150 b6...last time fertility did not return till 1 yr...however I delayed solids quite a while. I started the b6 AFTER fertility retuirned. This time I delayed solids but not as long and fertility returned last month 9 months PP and dd is nursing a lot. I started with 50 then next month 100 and then fertility returned and now I am at 150. I am also sleeping in complete darkness. Both these things I did when I conceived my dd while nursing ds. I hope this helps.

andi2284 August 18th, 2009 10:20 PM

Welcome and good luck with TTC!

wishfulgal August 19th, 2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underhermantle (Post 16993738)
Hi there just saw this now ...sorry! I am taking 150 b6...last time fertility did not return till 1 yr...however I delayed solids quite a while. I started the b6 AFTER fertility retuirned. This time I delayed solids but not as long and fertility returned last month 9 months PP and dd is nursing a lot. I started with 50 then next month 100 and then fertility returned and now I am at 150. I am also sleeping in complete darkness. Both these things I did when I conceived my dd while nursing ds. I hope this helps.

Thanks! I have been taking b6 (I'm taking 200 now but started at 100) for about two months now and haven't had AF but then my son is only 7 months old. He's on solids 3x a day but still nurses quite a bit during the day. I'm hoping I don't have to wean to conceive again, but I'm open to that option if my fertility doesn't return.

Martha83 August 19th, 2009 01:41 PM

Just seeing this...welcome....Have you found out if you all caught the egg or not? :)

underhermantle August 24th, 2009 12:22 PM

Thanks! No I did not catch the first egg...but am hoping my cycle regulates soon enough to conceive. I am in the 2 ww now on the second egg! I am sure it will take some time to regulate ...I am hoping not too long lol!

Martha83 August 24th, 2009 03:45 PM

Oooh Good luck with egg number 2....How exciting!