JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/)
-   -   Don't really belong here anymore, but I have a few questions... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/1819966-dont-really-belong-here-anymore-but-i-have-few-questions.html)

wishfulgal December 30th, 2009 08:12 AM

Don't really belong here anymore, but I have a few questions...

Hi, I used to post on here but I haven't since I weaned my son almost 2 months ago. Even though I'm not BFing, I kinda feel like I can relate better here as my cycles are still being affected by the after-effects of BFing/giving birth.

Anyway, while BFing I was taking Vitamin B6 (200mg) and Vitex to try to bring on my first PPAF. It didn't work....I finally weaned on Nov.3rd, ovulated (then within a week and got my first PPAF on Nov. 21st. after a 9 day LP.

So my first PP cycle was whacky and I didn't O until CD27. I was having AF symptoms already at 5DPO, so I upped my B6 dose to 300mg and had a 11 day LP. (got AF yesterday) I really think I would have had a 8 or 9 day LP if I hadn't taken the extra B6

Anyway, I've been researching and decided I am not comfortable with taking that much B6. Even if I did get pregnant, I would worry that such a high dose would be unsafe for the baby and would be scared to quit taking it.

Sooo... I think I am going to drop back down to 100 mg B6....but I am soo worried that reducing the dosage will decrease my LP. I am *hoping* that my body is still adjusting to being done BFing/ovulating again and things will get more normal on their own.

Any thoughts/experience on this?

KCAmanda December 31st, 2009 12:32 PM

Re: Don't really belong here anymore, but I have a few questions...

I'd personally just back off the vitamin B6 altogether. You just stopped BFing so it might take a few cycles before your cycle regulates. I know when I quit BFing my DS on 1/31 I didn't get my first BFP until 3/11. My LPs were ALWAYS short when BFing and TCC - 9 days was my longest, then the longest after that was when I learned I was PG with my daughter!!! Good luck!

wishfulgal January 5th, 2010 12:07 PM

Thanks. I actually have quit taking the B6. I'll just have to see what my body is going to do on it's own.

andi2284 January 5th, 2010 01:12 PM

It can take your body a few months to get back in the swing of things. My first full PP cycle was last month and I only had a 9 day LP. My second cycle was about a 13 day LP. With both cycles, I didn't ovulate until CD25-28 which isnt' normal for me. I would give it a few more cycles and see what happens.

wishfulgal January 5th, 2010 05:44 PM

Yeah, I ovulated on CD27 last cycle....not at all normal for me either! I'm *hoping* I don't O as late this cycle....it just about drove me batty last time!

mrslampy January 15th, 2010 10:14 PM

i think it'll all settle pretty quickly now that youve weaned :) let us all know how your doing!!