JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/)
-   -   How to track O while BF and no AF? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/1924342-how-to-track-o-while-bf-and-no-af.html)

lil duckies mama March 28th, 2010 10:12 PM

How to track O while BF and no AF?

I am totally clueless to this. But DH and I are TTC but not sure how to figure out when I am O since AF has not returned.

I would appreciate help thanks.

andi2284 March 30th, 2010 05:52 AM

Re: How to track O while BF and no AF?

Have you done it in the past? It works the same way, look for your eggwhite CM and check your cervix to see if it's getting higher, softer and open. If you don't know how to do that, I'd recommend either the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility or this website: FertilityFriend.com Charting Course

OPKs wouldn't work well unless you have a general idea when you might be ovulating, otherwise you could use the tests for months without results. For some women, they get a period before they ovulate again. You won't know for sure you are ovulating again until you get your first PP period. For many women, if they are EBFing without bottles or solids, your period will be delayed until your baby is older.

wishfulgal March 30th, 2010 06:57 AM

You won't ovulate until you get AF back or possible right before your first post-partum AF. I would keep an eye on your cervical mucus, but other than that there isn't much you can do but wait for AF. Really stunk for me, b/c I didn't get AF back until I finally weaned just shy of 10 months (which was 5 months ago and I'm STILL not pregnant :( ).

I started temping/CM checking when I weaned my son and I O'd about a week after weening and got AF 10 days later, so I had a short luteal phase that time.

lil duckies mama April 4th, 2010 09:21 PM

Well apparently I didnt have to get AF back. Got a BFP on 3 so far. Going to get Dr test done but it appears to have come and gone without my notice.

I had a slight pink tinged CM last month but did not think much of it because it was ONLY cm (i thought).

So it looks like..... I dont need to worry with it.

Jenn1320 April 7th, 2010 07:14 AM

Carol?!!?! Congrats! :)

I was just lurking on here to look for signs since DH aren't being careful...lol

KCAmanda April 12th, 2010 08:37 PM

Congrats! Your BFP makes me nervous now ~ we're NTNP but I had a high cervix & tons of egg white mucous last friday and very strong cramps (like maybe ovulating?). I tested and its BFN but I'm waiting til the 22nd to be sure. I *thought* I got a period in January but nothing since.

ShawnaCAN April 15th, 2010 07:39 PM

I was going to say we can help with that over at the NFP/FAM board - but looks like you don't need our help after all!! CONGRATS!