JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/)
-   -   Questions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/1979150-questions.html)

ShannonMVT May 15th, 2010 11:53 AM

Questions

Hi all. :) My Dh and I are starting to TTC again. Matthew is still nursing, maybe 4-6 times a day. I got my AF back when he was 11 months and I've had two AFs. I got a positive OPK today (I usually O the day I get one) so we went for it. :)
I am just wondering if BFing will interfere with me getting pregnant in any other way other than preventing ovulation? Like if I ovulate do I have the same chances as if I weren't BFing? Does BFing decrease the likelihood of an embryo emplanting or increase the risk of a miscarriage?

I don't want to wean, but we do want our kids fairly close in age and I'm a little concerned that it may take awhile as it is, since it took so long (and a little help) to get preggo with Matthew.

TIA!

*PurpleMidnight* May 16th, 2010 08:01 PM

Re: Questions

sorry I cant help but wanted to say good luck and I hope you get your bfp soon! :dust: :dust:

ShawnaCAN May 21st, 2010 08:31 AM

During the first few post partum cycles, it's not unusual for the Luteal Phase to be short - especially if BFing. That can make it more difficult to sustain a pregnancy, but it doesn't automatically mean you'll miscarry either. Everyone's different. Were you tracking ovulation during the last 2 cycles to see where things are at right now?

The Purple Butterfly May 25th, 2010 07:07 PM

Woohhooo Shannon!!! We've just started TTC too. :D I don't think BFing would interfere with any of that. GL hun!!

ShannonMVT May 27th, 2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN (Post 20265441)
During the first few post partum cycles, it's not unusual for the Luteal Phase to be short - especially if BFing. That can make it more difficult to sustain a pregnancy, but it doesn't automatically mean you'll miscarry either. Everyone's different. Were you tracking ovulation during the last 2 cycles to see where things are at right now?

Nope I was not tracking it and really didn't even chart this cycle either.

I think I am getting I got a faint bfp today. I will retest in the morning. So if I have already gotten to the bfp point, does that mean that the pregnancy will likely "take" and not be miscarried? If I get a positive tomorrow, I am going to call my Dr and see if I can have a blood test and have my progesterone checked.

countryjewelsc May 28th, 2010 06:24 AM

i was wondering this too about if BFing would have an effect on implantation or MC. yay for a faint BFP, hope it continues to get darker for you!!

The Purple Butterfly May 28th, 2010 10:23 AM

I want pics, Shannon!!!! Was this your 1st cycle trying??

ShannonMVT May 29th, 2010 08:30 PM

Yup, it was our first cycle trying! Crazy! I posted about it in our DDC if you want to check it out, I am kinda lazy and not wanting to go find pics again in photobucket again. :lol:

Oh and I am def. pregnant. I got my blood drawn yesterday for hcg and progesterone and will find out those results on Monday so hoepfully my progesterone is nice and high.