JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/)
-   -   ttc for #5,but still nusing with no peorid (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/788514-ttc-for-5-but-still-nusing-no-peorid.html)

jennywhitley October 30th, 2007 07:12 AM

hey my baby will be 1 year old next week,I sill havn't got a peorid, I want to start trying but, don't know if it will do any good ,can I get pregant with no "af" I really want them to be spaced out no more thank 2 years. any helps will be welcome. thanks and God bless.

Mommy2Amara&Kayori October 30th, 2007 11:37 AM

Welcome

Yes you can get pregnant without AF returning. I don't know how possible it is but I do know that it is possible. I hope you get your BFP quickly.

I got my first AF back when my daughter was 11 months old. I also wanted my babies to be less then 2 years apart. I finally got my BFP and they will be 23 months apart. GOOD LUCK to you!!!

*PurpleMidnight* October 30th, 2007 12:57 PM

yes you can, im also waiting for af to arrive back (noah is 14months) to really start ttc but dont want to quit breastfeeding yet to get af back

tobecky November 6th, 2007 07:01 PM

I am also in the same boat as all of you. My daughter is 15 mo. and we've not used any protection since she was 9 months old. I have not seen Flo as of yet, and am quite disappointed since I am 37......has anyone ever heard of taking vitex or using premarin to help get her to come over?

Quote:

yes you can, im also waiting for af to arrive back (noah is 14months) to really start ttc but dont want to quit breastfeeding yet to get af back[/b]

TaraJo827 November 25th, 2007 11:21 AM

You definitely can get pregnant before AF returns. Actually, the older your baby gets and still no AF, the more likely you are to ovulate for the first time without first having an episode of bleeding. I wouldn't count on it and drive yourself crazy, of course. But it could happen... =o)

BTW, I'm new here. Nursing my 3rd baby (as we speak, even - haha) and hoping for more eventually. Not using BC, but not trying, either.

tjlor November 26th, 2007 08:55 AM

I am so glad that Jenny posted her question - I too am still BF my DD who will be 1 in two weeks and TTC # 2. AF has not yet returned for me either.

I have been researching fertility and BF online for the past couple days - here is what I have found out so far ....

YES, you can conceive while BF and having no AF - however, there is only a 6% chance. The average time for AF to return is 14.6 months. Also take note of this ... you ovulate before AF arrives ... therefore, there a chance to conceive B4 the first AF arrives (as TaraJo described).

I pray for us all to get our BFP soon - it would make a great Christmas gift!!!!!!!

~TreeGrl~ November 26th, 2007 11:00 AM

I conceived without AF when my son was 10 mo. Unfortunately it was ectopic, so I didn't know I was pregnant until the pain began. I caught the first ovulation by accident, although we stopped preventing after he turned 6 mo.

And for all of you who worry about the breastfeeding keeping you from being pregnant. I have been pregnant twice while ds nursed--so it is very possible. Unfortunately ours just didn't work out...

Good luck.

PixieQueen December 20th, 2007 09:25 PM

:dothug: BabyT! I wish I was more like my mom. Most of us are between 15 and 19 months apart (I have 7 bros and 1 sis). I love the story where she goes in cause she thinks she's pg and tells the dr her last AF date. It was like 3 years before cause she kept getting pg on her first O! Which she was pg again. And she bfed all of us pretty much until the next one came along. She teases me that I came in to nurse one night and she told me "Nope, sorry. It's someone else's turn!" My bro is 19 months younger than me.

drewbears January 5th, 2008 11:07 AM

You may get pg without a period if you catch that first ovulation.

Being in tune with your body and its signs can help.

I got pg with #2 before having a period, but I had been charting and KNEW I was ovulating.

Good luck!