JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/)
-   -   IM NEW!!! :) TTC #2 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/855060-im-new-ttc-2-a.html)

Kisses-4-Baby December 23rd, 2007 05:20 AM

Gday all!
My beautiful little girl, Eva Estelle, is 17 months old. I am still breastfeeding her....ALOT! I think perhaps most of the time I breastfeed her for comfort more than anything. She does eat solids, but she's teething atm, so she hasnt been eating nearly as much as she should which = me feeding her a little more often. (She has being 'feeding more often' for about 3 months now.)

I got AF back when Eva was about 8 months old, and about 6 months ago I settled into a regular cycle - 25 days on the dot! Well, my last cycle I thought I may have had a few signs of being pregnant. DH and I weren't actively TTC, so I wasnt charting or anything, but I thought back and I'm pretty sure I O'd (I remember seeing EWCM) and also BD'd quite alot around that time aswell. So, the time came on the 25th day for AF.....no AF. I am usually smack on 25 days, so this got me thinking. I tested and BFN. 3 days late and BFN. I went all the way to 6 days late - no AF. But she arrived the next day, much to my disappointment.

Very unusual things happening, and whats more, AF only went for 3 days, (finished today) and not very heavy at all which is strange for me. My cycle as of 6 months ago has been 25 days, lasting 5-6 days, sometimes even 7, VERY heavy in the first 2-3 days, lighter 4-5 days, brown spotting after that. hmmmmm very odd.... Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions/ideas on this?

Anyway, the disappointment of not being pregnant has made DH and I realise that we really do want another baby brother or sister for Eva. So we are now officially TTC!! :) I am very excited yet very nervous, as im not quite sure what it will be like breastfeeding and being pregnant at the same time.....

Thanks for reading, and sorry its so long, I just feel I had to let my feelings and thoughts be known.... hubby is supportive, but hearing things from a woman's perspective is better i think ;)

Hooroo!!

KimmeeAnne December 25th, 2007 12:08 PM

Congrats on your decision to TTC!

Tash December 27th, 2007 08:17 AM

yay! congrats!

Lindsey608 December 27th, 2007 10:15 AM

Hello there! Congratulations on TTC :D

I'm not sure what to say about your shortish cycle. I had one like that too right before we conceived Chloe.

I hope this is your month!

andi2284 December 29th, 2007 06:58 AM

I can relate to your story. My DD is also 17 months and I got my period back when she was 9 months. I had 4-5 completely normal cycles. The past 3 have been odd though, with a lot of spotting, especially before my period. I have no idea what to make of it, but I'm worried it is a sign we can't get pregnant yet. :( We're not actively trying either, although I'm charting, we are suppose to be avoiding getting pregnant just yet. These past 2 cycles though have made me realize that I am ready and am excited to have another one.

LadyTkachenko December 29th, 2007 05:54 PM

Welcome and congrats on ttc! I hope you get your bfp soon!

Kisses-4-Baby December 30th, 2007 03:26 AM

Thanks for all your support ladies!! I did anther pregnancy test a couple of nights ago - BFN... but I swear I felt like I was pregnant lol I was slight cramping and having very very strange sensations in my lower abdomen - the same as when I conceived DD. Also heart pulpitations. I had these with DD too, does anybody else get those? Well anywho, I still would be greatly shocked if it turns out I really am pregnant - I dont think I am though, I think it's just my body gearing up for ovulation?? I dont really properly chart, just observing CM for now :)

Thanks again for your replies its really great to have this kind of support :)

drewbears January 5th, 2008 11:11 AM

Congrats!!!! Lots of luck trying!