JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive While Breastfeeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/)
-   -   Can anybody help me? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f242-trying-to-conceive-while-breastfeeding/920717-can-anybody-help-me.html)

Fleur February 7th, 2008 11:53 AM

Hi everyone.... I haven't been on here for a few months - my DS was VERY colicky and I didn't have much time to myself!

I'm hoping someone can help me... DS is now 7 months old and AF still hasn't visited! I night weaned him about a month ago but still nothing. He's on solids (cereal, veggies and fruits) but I still BF every four hours, starting at about 6am and his last feeding is around 9 or 10pm.

I've read that vitamin B6 and/or Vitex might help AF return... does anyone know if it will? Are they safe to take while breastfeeding? I really don't want to have to wean DS yet, but we'd really like to ttc again as soon as possible. I was also thinking that maybe I should replace one of the daytime feedings with formula... any thoughts on that?

I would be very grateful if someone could help!

Thank you!

aydensmama1 February 8th, 2008 08:09 AM

Hi hun,

I thought I would give you my experience. I know every woman is differnet but I didn't get my cycle back untill I completly weaned my son....and they are still irreg. I BF for 14 months and at the end only nursed one time/day. I had signs that my cycles were trying to start again fertile CM/cramping/+OPK's but nothing every happened. I got my first period about 3 weeks after I weaned him and I did ovulate that cycle too. I also tried vitex to get my period going....nothing. I hope this is not the case for you. I went to the health food store to try to find something to regulate my cycles now and the lady told me it is just a matter of time during and after BFing for cycles to come on and regulate. To give you hope I do know ladies that have gotten pregnant while nursing exclusivly. Good luck!

08baby February 11th, 2008 02:11 PM

Hmmm not to sure on this one I got AF back while I was bf 4 months after I gave birth ! However it still took me a bit to get pregnant again .

drewbears February 15th, 2008 04:00 PM

For some ladies they can be nursing every 2 to 3 hours around the clock and AF come back at 8 weeks PP, but for others, they could be completely DONE nursing for a few months and STILL not get AF.

Its different for every woman and can be different from child to child too in TTC>

Running Queen February 29th, 2008 10:40 AM

I am totally in the same boat as you...I stopped taking the minipill about a week ago and I'm nursing about four times a day with a couple formula bottles and feeding rice cereal, fruits and veggies. I still haven't had an AF and DS is 6 months old. We want to TTC again soon but I'm not quite ready to stop BF all together! I guess we'll just have to wait until our bodies kick it back into gear and ovulate for cryin out loud!

Jen

drewbears February 29th, 2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

I am totally in the same boat as you...I stopped taking the minipill about a week ago and I'm nursing about four times a day with a couple formula bottles and feeding rice cereal, fruits and veggies. I still haven't had an AF and DS is 6 months old. We want to TTC again soon but I'm not quite ready to stop BF all together! I guess we'll just have to wait until our bodies kick it back into gear and ovulate for cryin out loud!

Jen[/b]

*WAVE* Hey girl!!!! Stop in the Aug 07 PR and update us! :) we would love to hear from you!