JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Something I did in July (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/1212236-something-i-did-july.html)

snsgirl336 August 28th, 2008 09:58 PM

Well, after a few months of talking about it and planning it, Toni and her hubby came to my hometown for the weekend!!!!!! I got to meet my JM buddy in real life! :bluecheer: :bluecheer: :bluecheer:

It was so much fun and of course we got along soooo well right off the bat. Even our Hubby's got along really great! I'm not surprised we all hit it off so well! We had a jam packed weekend in good old Lake George, and we wanted to share our pictures with you guys!
Be warned- we were camera crazy and took tons of pics... the slideshows are a combo of both mine and Toni's pics...

Toni and her DH arrived on Friday and we had a laid back afternoon of walking around the village and shopping. We went on a boat cruise of the lake (so much fun!) and then we had some dinner over looking the water listening to live music. The weather was sooo beautiful (we were worried cause it had been raining the whole week).

Here is the Picture slideshow from Friday:
Friday in Lake George

Saturday, we were up early for breakfast, and then we went to the Six Flags Great Escape amusement park. It was again really nice weather and I think we all had a blast! The rides were great and Toni screamed on nearly everyone (she's so loud! It was funny!) We spent time in the water park too. We left early cause a thunderstorm was starting, but it was still a great time. We drove up Prospect Mountain on our way home form the park, and it was pretty cool after the rain. That was fun until it started to rain again. We had dinner (including the BEST NACHO's EVER!) and then the mini-golf challenge was on- Girls v. Guys. We didn't do so well, but it was fun. The guys won. <_<

Here is the Slide show from Saturday- Prospect Mountain:
Saturday- Propspect Mt

And Saturday at the Park and mini-golf:
Saturday- Great Escape

Sunday was a really relaxed day... the guys played golf and we went outlet shopping! Guess where our first stop was.... Of course Carter's! LOL. We each picked up some cute things, and hit the rest of the outlets. We headed back to the motel and hung out by the pool when the guys were finished. We ate dinner in the village and on our way back we stopped to see a Street Performer. The guys got called up to be Volunteers!!! :D They so didn't want to go, but they did it! Talk about Funny! You'll see in the pictures! I think they were slightly embarrassed. :P It was totally worth it!

Here is the slide show from Sunday:
Sunday's Pics

We wanted to post sooner, but getting the pics together was the culprit. Life gets busy. Speaking for my DH and I, we really had the best time hanging out with Toni and her DH. I definitely think that was the first of many get together's with each other and who knows... maybe 5 years from now, we'll be taking our kids on vacations together!!! We can't wait to hang out again in real life! :wub:

ETA: I updated the slide show with the missing picture! Refer to Toni's post below if you're confused! LOL

xanada101 August 28th, 2008 10:13 PM

Cris, you are the best for putting this together!

Ladies, she waited an entire month for me to get the waterproof camera developed! I have been so busy!

This was an absolute blast! We had so much fun! We arrived to find this big box that was really heavy waiting for us at the motel. I was like holey moley, what the heck is in here?!!? It was a box full of snacks, bottled water (hence the weight) and brownies that Cris baked us! Man, we were getting spoiled already! It was like the ONLY thing I didn't take a picture of! <_<

The pictures pretty much say it all. I mean, we really had a great time. Oh and I have a zoomed in shot of the rollercoaster Cris, that I forgot to give to you! I will just post it here!

LisaD August 28th, 2008 10:35 PM

Thanks for sharing the pics, it looks like you guys had a great time! I'd love to get the chance to meet some of my JM friends in person, that is so great!

MusicalJulia August 29th, 2008 04:00 AM

That's so awesome that you two were able to meet- how cool! It looks like everyone had a blast.

And now I have to ask... you live right in Lake George?! I'm close to you!!! I live in Rotterdam, NY! (about 1 hour from Lake George, a bit less when DH drives.. LOL!). We go to Lake George several times a summer.. either day trips or for weekends! How neat :)

snsgirl336 August 29th, 2008 04:31 AM

Thanks for checking out our fun weekend Lisa and Julia!!!

Julia- Yeah, I line in Lake George... I totally know where Rotterdam is. I drive by there all the time on our way to Union college. My MIL works there and they live in Amsterdam. DH's Grandmother lived in Rotterdam Junction for a long long time too! We're in Amsterdam all the time so we're really close! LOL... That is too funny! We should PM each other sometime about that!

Christine-MA August 29th, 2008 05:27 AM

That is so cool! Glad you had a good time

Make.A.Wish August 29th, 2008 05:55 AM

I love the pics! I'm happy you had a great time!

snsgirl336 August 29th, 2008 06:24 AM

Thanks Girls! It really was a great time!

Lo_and_Behold August 29th, 2008 06:26 AM

How fun! Looks like you all had a blast!

Justjeni August 29th, 2008 06:28 AM

I'm ready to come and visit! Hehee! :lol: Looks like you all had a really great time! Thanks for sharing!

snsgirl336 August 29th, 2008 06:33 AM

Sure Jeni- come on over!!! There's TONS to do in my town!!! That would be so fun!

Thanks for checking out the pics Melissa!

BabyBird August 29th, 2008 06:45 AM

awww...it looks like you guys had a great time!!! I am so jealous! Your DH's are so cute too. :lol:

~*Jackie*~ August 29th, 2008 06:48 AM

Looks like a GREAT time!! :D Thanks for sharing!

LaLaRose3 August 29th, 2008 07:04 AM

Aw, it looks like you all had so much FUN! :D *jealous* hehe

Awesome pictures, girls!

snsgirl336 August 29th, 2008 07:16 AM

Thanks April, Jackie and Lauren!

April- are you referring to the picture of the alien like DH's???? I love that pic! I had to do that with the caption! HA HA HA :lol:

Em2528 August 29th, 2008 07:45 AM

Oh my goodness, im so excited for you guys that you got to meet in person! Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend together, I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pics, thank you so much for sharing your weekend with us. SO awesome girls!!

BabyBird August 29th, 2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Thanks April, Jackie and Lauren!

April- are you referring to the picture of the alien like DH's???? I love that pic! I had to do that with the caption! HA HA HA :lol:[/b]
Of course! :lol:

MrsMamaS August 29th, 2008 07:53 AM

Awww...it looks like you girls had a fantastic time - I am so jealous! Thanks for sharing the pics - they're great!!

snsgirl336 August 29th, 2008 07:57 AM

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the pics! Thanks for taking the time to look at them all! I know there were a ton! But we had to document the whole weekend for you all! ;)

xanada101 August 29th, 2008 08:04 AM

Yeah Cris and I were a little camera happy... so if you actually made it through them all.... you're a saint. We did have a lot of fun. It's too bad we couln't ALL meet up and have one big fun day like this. THAT would be SO much fun!

Cris. we totally could have had a threesome with Julia.... no pun intended. LOL