JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   I Quit! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/1216440-i-quit.html)

hearts.0nfire September 1st, 2008 02:18 PM

So today I thought it was my day off after 4 days of hard work and I got a call that I work today and I need to come in. I was really upset and my darling SO actually called and talked to her and so we went up there and he was with me and we talked to the manager who told me this (which is the one I also hate).

She basically said "because its a holiday you work today since your scheduled for it, because its a holiday work day it won't be on the regular schedule (***?), and you can ask for a day off." So I then asked when is the next day and she says its next tuesday. Well my freaking 2 week notice ends on friday!

I was crying and really upset and my bf was cursing and she told him to stop. So I just grabbed my keys, turned them into the other manager, and said "Here's my keys, I quit. I loved working with you all." and walked out.

On my way out they were saying bye to me and my boyfriend said "BYE! BYE! BYE you dyk* b***h"

I did not expect that to come out of my SO's mouth (even though i'm not homophobic I seriously thought she was a lesbian). Part of me feels relieved, but part of me is really nervous because I need to have a job.

anyways, just had to share lol.

shannaj September 1st, 2008 03:03 PM

Wow...its sounds like you had a horribly dramatic day! I'm so sorry it turned out to be so negative. I haven't been around as much as I would have liked to lately, so I don't know if you already have a job lined up. If not, I hope you can find something fun and something that motivates you soon! :dothug: :dothug:

Justjeni September 1st, 2008 03:40 PM

:dothug: Sorry that lady is so crazy and expects you to work straight through two weeks! At least now you won't have to put up with that. If I can remember you had a job lined up?? KUP hun!

hearts.0nfire September 1st, 2008 03:44 PM

that job that would have been lined up will be gone now. Because I quit the hospital i'm not eligible for that one since its still apart of the hospital. I'm going to call the head of the dept tomorrow and explain what happened and see what I can do to make it not such a horrible situation. As well i'm going job hunting tomorrow.

She acted like she really did not know this was my last week, but I remember that the day I got a call from the business dept I asked her whether or not I needed to keep in my 2 week notice and she said to leave it in. ERRG. Lol. Just wish me luck on finding a new job. I'm so stressed about this because i'm worried I wont find a job.

snsgirl336 September 1st, 2008 03:53 PM

Aww, I'm sorry!! Just try to think of it this way, you won't have to work for that woman again and hopefully an even better job is right around the corner for you. Lots of :dothug:

LaLaRose3 September 1st, 2008 07:34 PM

Sorry your day was tough sweetie, but you did what you had to do. *HUGS*

Everything happens for a reason, girl. This job is no different- there are BIGGER and BETTER things right around the corner!

ZaydensMomma September 1st, 2008 07:36 PM

:ditto: Lauren. Good luck finding a job!!!

Brennaluet September 1st, 2008 09:39 PM

Sounds like a frustrating situation, but at least your SO is there to support you. I am sure you will find an even better job soon!

~*Jackie*~ September 2nd, 2008 05:40 AM

:dothug: I'm sorry it worked out the way it did... Keep us updated on what happens!