JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   When do you start to expand? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/17458-when-do-you-start-to-expand.html)

oicyur March 3rd, 2005 01:49 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new and I just had a question that I hope someone knows the answer to. I was just wondering how soon after conception you usually start to feel yourself expand? It may not be noticable to other people but can woman start to expand around the uterus as early as 3 weeks???

ChatterK March 3rd, 2005 02:04 PM

I'm just over 5wks and I've been nothing but bloated since. I feel like my stomach has gotten bigger. Not baby, just bloated. Pants are starting to feel a little tight already. How embarrassing...

Anne07Nov05 March 3rd, 2005 10:22 PM

I'm not sure, but I don't think you expand at 3 weeks. A lot of people get bloated around that time, though, like ChatterK mentioned.

If you're feeling funny twinges or light cramping in your pelvic area at 3 weeks (so a week after ovulation), it could be that the implantation is taking place. I could feel that happening starting about 1 wk after ovulation. Some women have light bleeding (implantation bleeding) about 7-10 days after ovulation, when they get pregnant. I didn't have any bleeding, but definitely felt something going on in there! I'm just over 4 wks now, and my stomach size hasn't changed at all.

Do you think you're pregnant?! Good luck to you!

tonyageiger March 4th, 2005 08:20 AM

3 weeks! Wow. Thats early.

babybarrett March 4th, 2005 09:39 AM

Before my m/c, I totally felt bloated! My stomach was all distended but I knew it wasn't baby that early, I was 5 wks at that point. Like ChatterK said, I was so embarassed my clothes were tight already! :lol:

oicyur March 4th, 2005 10:07 AM

:( I don't think I'm pregnant, but the area around my uterus feels a little fuller. I'm probably just imagining it, though. I've been trying to get pregnant for 7 mths now with no luck. I'm a little discouraged about it and I feel really alone right now. I've wanted to be a mommy for as long as I can remember. I think being a mom is the greatest thing you can ever do with your life and I can't express how much I desire to be a mom! I know 7 mths isn't that long of a time, but there have just been too many teases along the way, and the time period gets prolonged when I'm unconciously counting down the days to my period each month! I was on birth control pills for the first month of my marriage and when I went off of them I experienced almost every symptom of pregnancy. I wasn't educated at that point so I did some research and found out that those symptoms were real pregnancy symptoms. Well, a few weeks later I started my period and my doctor told me that those were just side-affects from going off the pill. What a let down! A few months later I started getting bloated, felt naseaus, and went to the bathroom about every other hour. Once again my hopes made me believe that I may be pregnant. I took a test when my period was a week late (I'm anxious) and it was negative. A few days later I experienced the worst pain of my life! After going to the doctor I was informed that I had a cyst rupture. What hell! On top of the immense diappointment it was the worst pain I've ever felt! It's now been 3 1/2 mths since then and I haven't lost hope, but I've continued my fantasies about "maybe this month". I guess what makes this all the more scary for me is that my sister had Policystic something or other and couldn't conceive for 8 years! I've watched her go through the devistation and it scares me to death that I could go through that! The doctor won't do any fertility tests or anything until we've tried for at least a year, and after my cyst ruptured I didn't have any follow ups, ore ultra sounds to see if there are more cysts. We're too poor to pay for doctor bills and too rich to qualify for Medicaid. So I'm left in the dark about what's going on inside my body. :confused:
I have faith that I will someday be a mom but I'm just feeling a little discouraged and scared right now. It's hard when you want something so bad and you're so uneducated about what's going on in your body. I don't know what I'm hoping to accomplish by writing all of this. I guess it's just nice to vent, and especially on this type of a forum. Thanks for your understanding eyes.

KitKat March 4th, 2005 10:31 AM

Don't worry Honey. I understand. I too have been going through the same thing. And I've had an ovarian cyst rupture as well! From what I have been told by the doctors - a woman gets a small cyst on one of her ovaries EVERY month - it's part of the ovulation process... every once in a while - they don't go away and just keep getting bigger (which is what happened to us) - but in my case... The cyst that didn't go away and eventually ruptured happened over 10 years ago. Haven't had one since.

So try not to be too concerned over the cyst. It's a common problem. Chances are you won't experience another one for quite a while if not ever again! Let's hope. As for the other... yeah, I know - it hurst so bad. I too am ttc my first and it's been over 8 years with no luck. And I wonder why. Why me? Why does everyone seem to get pg all around me with no problem what-so-ever... But I can't? When I want a child SO BAD!!!!

So, you are not alone. I'm right there with you. PM me if you ever need to talk. Just remember that I'm only on-line at work - so Monday-Friday (8-4).

***Baby Dust***

Anne07Nov05 March 4th, 2005 11:30 AM

Hi. I experienced the exact same thing the first month TTC. I had just gone off BC as well, and that first month, I was positive I was pg. I was nauseated, fatigued, moody, had sore BBs (couldn't stand having my nipples touched, they were so sensative)... everything. Then I got a faint false positive. I was devestated when AF arrived. I didn't realize that those symptoms were from going off the pill.

Try not to worry too much about the cyst. Like the prev post says, all women have a cyst every month; once in a while it doesn't go away, it grows and then ruptures. Usually, it's a one time thing.

My sister has PCOS as well (polycystic ovarian syndrome), same as your sister. It took her about 3.5 yrs to get pg, with fertility help. She's now 6 mos along and doing great. She even had a terrible cyst grown when she was 13 wks pg. They had to put her in the hospital on a morphine drip; couldn't do an X ray b/c of the pg; finally went in for exploratory surgery, and found this massive cyst wrapped around one ovary. It had cut off the blood supply, so the ovary was removed. Her baby did just fine though, and everything is still great. The baby wasn't affected at all. She's a fighter!

So, I figure that she probably had that cyst forming before she was pg, and she still managed to get pg, despite the severity. So I wouldn't worry too much about the ruptured cyst. (Easier said that done, I know!) There's a great chance it was just a one time deal.

Best of luck! I know every month feels like an eternity! It took me 5 mos--I just found out I'm pg--and felt like ages. I know I have no right to complain, b/c so many people take longer than that, but I felt like I was healthy and young, and should be able to get pregnant on cycle 1, like so many of my friends done! I was also worried b/c of my family history of having a hard time getting pg, but it happened! Hang in there! You're in our thoughts.

angied March 4th, 2005 11:38 AM

Until recently, I just felt bloated, like before a period or something. Only now are my pants starting to get a bit tight. For the longest time I didn't feel that expanded at all.

oicyur March 4th, 2005 12:27 PM

Thank you guys! Your comments are realy appreciated! At the core of my emotions and my logic I KNOW everything will end up ok one way or another. I have the hope and faith to help me through, and I bet I'll look back and laugh at myself for being so impatient. But sometimes (usually around that time of the month. Surprise, surprise) I get sad and wish that this trial was almost over. I'm like a peanut M&M; tough most of the time, but from time to time I can't help but melt a little. :)
Thanks for everyone who posted! To those still TTC, keep the hope and happiness alive! To those who've been in my position and have been blessed with a baby in the end, congratulations! I 'm happy for you!
Keep the comments/stories coming!!! Each one is helpful!

babybarrett March 4th, 2005 12:57 PM

Hang in there, try not to get too discouraged. As you've seen from some of the posts here, there's lots of women around to vent to and you may even find a bunch with similar experiences to your own.

Feel free to vent on here whenever you like, my dear! We're here for ya! :wub:

PS- your M&M analogy is so cute :P

mommy2bstl March 4th, 2005 09:18 PM

Betsy-

Your symptoms mimic the ones that I had after going off of the pill and discovering that I had an ovarian cyst. Going off of the pill can do strange things to your body since it has kept you from ovulating. In my case I thought for sure I was pregnant, had horribly sore bb's, bloating, cravings, and even BFP's!!! I thought for sure, turns out that the cyst caused it. I went through vaginal ultrasounds, etc. I couldn't fly for my job, and my doc had to give me provera to start my period. It worked and I had an LH surge from the OPK and egg white cm on the 23rd, and I have been having "real symptoms" since sunday so we will see. Has your doc done an ultrasound? Bottom line, I am in the healthcare industry, your doctor works for you, don't be afraid to ask questions and figure out why things are not working for you-

Best wishes and baby dust storm to all!

Nicole

Me: 26
Dh: 33

TTC:1