JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Has anyone.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/18771-has-anyone.html)

Beccaboo March 10th, 2005 04:29 PM

Has anyone started thinking about what they want their nursey to look like?

mommie2be1966 March 10th, 2005 04:39 PM

Oh for sure, I am a total Disney/Pooh freak. So i'm sure I'll end up subjecting a child of mine to that

Dani March 10th, 2005 05:04 PM

Pink and white striped wallpaper and flowers everywhere. I finished decorating it about three years ago (before I even thought of having children). Kinda of hoping for a girl...too lazy to change the decor again. :blush:

Dani

Beccaboo March 10th, 2005 05:13 PM

I am kinda leaning towards a carebear theme... have to run it by SO first though!

marie2001 March 10th, 2005 05:26 PM

My theme is going to be "juvenile classy".... (whatever that means!) LOL... anyway, I bought these retro baby product posters in France at a flea market... I want to have them framed in white frames, and I have a print of Van Gogh's "sunflowers".... other than that, baby blue carpet, pale yellow walls, and a big window!

KitKat March 11th, 2005 06:25 AM

Depends on if I find out ahead of time if it's a boy or girl. If I do then if I am
having a girl...
The nursery theme will be Strawberry Shortcake (I LOVED strawberry shortcake when I was a girl and have been so excited that she's back - this would give me an excuse to have her all over the place without looking weird HA! :lol: )

If it's a boy: Hotwheels - DH's family are all car fanatics!

~*kath*~ March 11th, 2005 12:44 PM

Marie- that idea sounds beautiful! I am pretty artsy as well.

Well I have this really big and beautiful tinkerbell snow globe, so I was thinking about doing a girls room around that, but its so hard to find a tinkerbell crib set.
Other than that I wasn't going to go with any character theme just prints and stuff very pink if its a girl and very blue if its a boy!

Neo76 March 11th, 2005 01:01 PM

I want a classic timeless look. I love the french country look with a white wrought iron crib and a white canopy over the crib.....wainscotting in cream, pretty toile draperies, dragon fly motifs around the room...white quilted bedding with simple accent color on the fringe. :wub:

~*kath*~ March 11th, 2005 01:15 PM

Neo, thats kind of what I want too,, something classic looking.
That sounds very pretty!

mommy2bstl March 11th, 2005 04:48 PM

depending on if it is a boy or girl, a white or mahogoney sleigh bed from pottery barn, painted pale blue with white stirpes for a boy, a white cotton rocker from pottery barn that is by this huge window with a bench seat, book shelves and of course pics of his mommy and daddy. for a girl I love neo's idea--totally girlie!

KAT--I had the strawberry shortcake mansion!

Nicole :P

BabyMaybe March 12th, 2005 12:07 AM

For a girl I'm planning a butterfly theme for the room. I want the walls to be lavender with butterfly stencils as a border.

For a boy, I really like Finding Nemo as a theme.

marie2001 March 12th, 2005 07:17 AM

Neo and Kat-- I love your ideas! I forgot to mention-- I want all white furniture in the room as well.... also, from watching other moms that I know, I think it is a good idea to get a room darkening shade put on any windows in the room... I think that really helps babies sleep during afternoon nap time!

dreaming_of_baby March 16th, 2005 03:42 AM

I guess I'm th weird one. I don't want a nursery. I want the baby to sleep in a bassinet in our room and then co-sleep.

purplepj March 17th, 2005 10:00 AM

I am such a Pooh fanatic. My whole family would be so surprised if it was anything but. lol

Missy9019 April 9th, 2005 11:47 PM

I know this topic was old, but I wanted to add to it anyway! I love everyone's ideas.. the husband and I have a bet that if it's a girl, I get to choose.. I think I like a soft green and cream mix.. for a boy, he gets a danged "Harley" themed room! :)

hopingformymiracle April 10th, 2005 07:15 AM

[quote]for a boy, he gets a danged "Harley" themed room! :)[quote]

That's funny! My cousin and I are making quilts right now and she is making a Harley quilt for her little boy's room and the walls are orange, black and gray! It is actually really cute even though it doesn't sound like it! Her quilt is really cute!!

You all should watch make room for baby on I think it is discovery health or something! It is my fav show!! :lol: I too am a huge winnie the pooh fan, but I can't decide what I want the theme to be?? Well, have fun with it ladies and keep sharing your ideas! :wub:

littlered April 10th, 2005 03:12 PM

i have. i want a noah's ark nursery.