JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Gender Prediction (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/23673-gender-prediction.html)

~*kath*~ April 6th, 2005 07:36 PM

Well I know on here we have all discussed different methods of gender prediction, I have always been a fan of the needle because it worked on everyone in my family. Anyways a week ago on the view they did 4 different tests on Elisabeth to see what she was having, and EVERY one of them said for sure boy, even the needle,,, then she ended up having a girl! I just wanted to share, I was so sure of my needle *tear haha

TexMex April 7th, 2005 07:55 AM

Hey there KAT! :smile: Yah, I saw that too! Although I'm not sure if they got the part on how she was carrying the baby right though :huh: ...I have always heard if you carry high it's a girl and if you carry low it's a boy, and they said the opposite....so not sure about that one :huh: ...but yah the needle one was surprising because I have heard all good things about that too! My question is do you have to be pregnant in order to do the needle test? Someone on here said you had to pregnant in order to do that method..... :blink: I am not prego and everytime I have done it it comes out as 2 boys and a girl...hmmmmm :smile:

babybarrett April 7th, 2005 08:58 AM

Ok, I have no idea what kind of tests you guys are talking about! :lol: Anyone have the time to type them out and explain? :blush: I'd love to know!

BTW, watched The View today, Elisabeth called from the hospital - baby's name is Grace Elisabeth. I love the name Grace, but it's coming increasingly popular. Like, I'd hate for it to be the new "Jennifer" :P

Lilah April 7th, 2005 07:35 PM

I saw that too! :lol:

Here is what I found online:

Let the needle tell you.
Here is a method that may surprise you.
What to do:

Thread a sewing needle and knot it
(so the needle hangs about 6-10 inches from the knot).
Hold your left hand out, palm down.
Hold the knot in your right hand
with the forefinger and thumb only.
Holding your left hand still,
swing the needle so the needle hits
the inside curve of your thumb
(where the thumb meets the hand) three times.
Then turn your left hand over
and move the right hand over the left,
holding the needle just an inch or so
above the palm of the left hand.
Hold both hands still
and let the needle do the work.
The needle will begin to move:

Circles = girls
Lines = boys
It will stop moving completely in between each pregnancy.
Turn off any fans
and make sure circulating air
is not affecting the reading.
ENJOY!

So, yes, it seems as though you should be pregnant when doing it.

~*kath*~ April 8th, 2005 03:24 PM

I have always heard that you don't have to be pregnant at the time, but you already need to have had a kid.