JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Newbie to this board! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2431154-newbie-to-board.html)

LovingMommy82 October 13th, 2011 12:11 PM

Newbie to this board!

Hi all! My name is Megan. I was mostly a lurker in the WTC boards, until this month! That's right, my SO and I are now TTC! I got off of birth control over a year ago. Before I got on birth control I had very normal/regular cycles. Since I got off of birth control, one month AF will be 5 days long. Next month will be 10-12 days long (most of those days are spotting). Gyno says it is very normal. Due to my cycle being like this, I could ovulate anywhere from day 9 - 14. I usually have a 25 or 26 day cycle. My SO and I will be trying every other day, and hope it works!! AF just ended yesterday or the day before, so yesterday was our first day TTC. :fingerscrossed: In about 2 weeks or so, I know I will be obsessing! lol!

And to everyone... I hope you all get your BFP's this month!! :gl:

Mom2JDub October 13th, 2011 12:17 PM

Re: Newbie to this board!

Welcome, Megan! I'm Adrienne (32), and DH is William (31), and we've been TTC #1 since July. There are so many awesome women on this board who will definitely make you feel right at home.

I have been off BCP for over 3 years now, but I had been on it for over 9 years prior to stopping. It definitely took quite a while for my cycles to regulate, but they've been very consistent 30-day cycles for the past 1 1/2 years or so. Have you considered charting, since your cycles are still a little wonky? I think the BD every other day approach is a good one, but charting would definitely help you out as well.

I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you'll be moving on to the TTC #1 Grads board very soon! :D

kbpeanut October 13th, 2011 12:42 PM

Hi Megan! Welcome!

I'm Karin, DH is Patrick, we're both 36, and on cycle #34 of TTC our first. I had a few weird cycles when I went of BCP over 3 years ago, but once they sorted themselves out, my cycles became extremely regular. Everyone is different, but what you are experiencing is totally normal.

Best of luck to you, hope your stay is short and sweet!

Mrs.Paradise October 13th, 2011 01:10 PM

:hiya: :welcome: Im Jessica! :waves: I hope your stay here is short and sweet! good luck to you! I hope you catch that eggie QUICK!!! :)

KatieKat October 13th, 2011 01:42 PM

Hey Megan! :) Welcome to the board. I'm Katie (29) and DH and I have been TTC #1 since August. This place has been great to get info and to make me feel better about obsessing over TTC. I went off BCP 5 years ago, and I did have a few irregular cycles at the beginning.

Hope you won't be here long :D Lots of :dust: :dust:.

jojo2bee October 13th, 2011 02:08 PM

Hi Megan! I'm JoLina (23) and DH is Jason (32) and we have been TTC #1 since september of this year! I came off of BCPs in like febuary ish of this year and were NTNP then it turned into not trying untill I graduated college. So now we are on the wagon of TTC! I wish you the best luck and welcome to the boards!

blueeyes25s October 13th, 2011 05:12 PM

Hi Megan, welcome! I'm Dawn...I hope your stay is short and sweet!

JennyLee October 13th, 2011 05:38 PM

Hi! I'm Jenny...DH Scott and I have been TTC #1 since January. Every other day is a great strategy if you don't want to bother with charting. If you decide you'd like more info about where you are in your cycle and such, definitely look into charting with Fertility Friend. Good luck to you!

LovingMommy82 October 14th, 2011 10:12 AM

Thank you so much everyone, for all of your replies! I am 29 and SO will be 29 on Christmas. I do have an ovulation app on my phone that tells me where I am in my cycles every month. It is pretty accurate and shows me ovulating today! Sometimes it is off by a day or 2. I have not started with any other testing or charting yet. That will change though, if I don't have any luck this month. Some months I will get CM when I ovulate but that is all. Good luck to all of you and tons of :dust: to everyone!!

2012Baby October 14th, 2011 10:43 AM

Hi there!! I'm new too!! Good luck with TTC!! I'm expecting in Feb of 2012!! It only took me 3 months to conceive. Check my siggy if you want to know how it was done so fast.

Hope it will help you!

Baby dust to all TTC!

SLP83 October 14th, 2011 11:44 AM

:waves: Hi, I'm Emily, on cycle 3 of TTC #1. Good luck to you!

DaniM0820 October 14th, 2011 12:14 PM

Hi and welcome!
:hiya:

I'm Dani (25) DH is Randy (23), we've been TTC since August 2010.
Every other day BDing is a gret strategy so long as you are absolutely sure you are Oing every month. Charting has showed me that I have not O'd since getting off the pill :( I think fertilityfriend.com is a great resource to help you pinpoint O and track everything :)

Either way, I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

IndyMommyWannabe October 14th, 2011 09:42 PM

welcome welcome welcome!!!!! :hiya:

as so many of these wonderful ladies have already shown you - this board is GREAT! :)

DH and I are technically on our 19th cycle since coming off of bcp in March of 2009...we've been actively TTC since September of '09 and learned we are dealing with Male Factor Infertility... :sigh:

Hope you have a wonderful but "short" stay here on this board! :D

also shout out to the region!!! :D I grew up in South Haven! (went to Portage High, class of '98) Valparaiso address! haha