JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Thursday QOTD (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2467971-thursday-qotd.html)

Mom2JDub December 29th, 2011 05:53 AM

Thursday QOTD

What are your plans for New Year's Eve?

Cait&AngelAbove December 29th, 2011 06:28 AM

Re: Thursday QOTD

I unfortunately have to work!

Sapphera December 29th, 2011 07:14 AM

We're doing what we've done every year for the past couple years and going over to some friends of DH's and celebrating there. Normally play some games and just hang out. Low key, but fun at the same time!

SabrinaH December 29th, 2011 07:33 AM

We're supposed to go out with friends to our local bar on NYE, but I am so sick right now I really don't think that is happening. :(

Mom2JDub December 29th, 2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabrinaH (Post 25390209)
We're supposed to go out with friends to our local bar on NYE, but I am so sick right now I really don't think that is happening. :(

Ugh! I've noticed that a lot of us are sick! Last year, I was sick on NYE, and we had to cancel our trip to Las Vegas. I'm sick this year, too, though not as bad... just a cold.

We've already decided to stay in, though. It's the first time since I can't remember that we've not had plans for NYE. I'm going to make a nice dinner, and we'll just have a romantic evening.

MoonAngel702 December 29th, 2011 07:50 AM

We are joining family and friends at my parents' house for dinner and then playing games all night until midnight! We always go outside right before midnight to watch the fireworks. We have a pretty good view from my parents' backyard. It's always a good time and a great way to stay away from the craziness on the strip! :) HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

IndyMommyWannabe December 29th, 2011 08:39 AM

'nother sicko here! :(

we do have plans to get together with our friends at their house and sorta "co-host" the NYE party...but this is all dependent on how I feel in two days...

JennyLee December 29th, 2011 08:40 AM

Eh, we don't get worked up about NYE. Might hang with some friends, but definitely not out at the bars - way too crowded for us!

kbpeanut December 29th, 2011 09:17 AM

We usually do pretty low key...we've gone out for nicer dinners before, but we are such late planners, we usually end up with like a 10pm seating. So last year we switched it up and ate at BJs, which is a chain, but it's big and has a huge menu, not to mention the best pizza and their own microbrews. We tried to have an early night last year, since we were getting up early to go to the Rose Bowl. This year, the Rose Bowl is on Monday, and DH has to work (BOOO - since my Wisconsin Badgers are playing again), so we don't have any plans for NY day, but we really liked the low key dinner. Plus, it's about 30 seconds from our house, so it keeps us off the roads!

Nicholle ttc December 29th, 2011 10:15 AM

I think we will probably be hosting a small party at our house this year. I hope everyone has a happy and safe NYE!!!! :)

Mom2JDub December 29th, 2011 11:24 AM

Karin - We love BJs! :D

Sapphera December 29th, 2011 12:49 PM

Oh boy... I didn't read above and only saw Junie's comment... my mind sooo lives in the gutter. :eek:

And I'm joining in with the sickies.. my nose started getting some sniffles last night and today i've been going between stuffy and runny all day and now my ear is starting to bug me (which it never does) :(

Mom2JDub December 29th, 2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphera (Post 25391984)
Oh boy... I didn't read above and only saw Junie's comment... my mind sooo lives in the gutter. :eek:

And I'm joining in with the sickies.. my nose started getting some sniffles last night and today i've been going between stuffy and runny all day and now my ear is starting to bug me (which it never does) :(

You literally made me laugh out loud. :lol:

Nicholle ttc December 29th, 2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junie22 (Post 25391996)
You literally made me laugh out loud. :lol:

I thought the same thing! Good for Karin and Adrienne! :p

blueeyes25s December 29th, 2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholle ttc (Post 25392046)
I thought the same thing! Good for Karin and Adrienne! :p

I thought the same thing and the stopped to reread Karins post :giggle:

We are going out to dinner with some friends and playing match makers and will be introducing DH friend to one of my friends :). After dinner we are going to the GB Gamblers came (hockey game). After that we will just play it by ear. I am also not one to sit in a crowded bar so we may end up coming back to a friend's house or ours.

I know this is wishful thinking but thought it would be cool to POAS on NYE and if by some chance it comes back + I would do my best to wait until Midnight to tell DH!

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful New Years!!!

jojo2bee December 29th, 2011 07:32 PM

DH and I are going to downtown denver with some friends< DH and I do it every year so its now a tradition and I cant miss my firework show!!!!

HopeTea December 30th, 2011 04:24 PM

This will be my first NYE sober in a long time! Should I be admitting that? :p

Our favorite thing to do on NYE is watch TV! There's a special every year where a group of our favorite comedians have to spend 24 hours on a fake job. They aren't allowed to laugh or they get punished (hit with a big, rubber stick), but everything is set up to be funny! The whole special is like six hours long, and we love it! Japanese TV is incredibly entertaining, although I'm sure it sounds strange at first.

We also eat soba noodles with mochi (sticky rice cake).

Have a great time everyone! :wine: <- it's cranberry juice! ;)