JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Off the pill... here we go! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2632793-off-pill-here-we-go.html)

kmwilliams March 7th, 2013 06:12 PM

Off the pill... here we go!

Hey Ladies,

This is the first time for me to post on the board of us TRYING TC... we had a little whoopsie a few months ago and thought we might have a little one coming along, but it was a false alarm and now we are ready to go! I finished my last BC pack last week after being on the pill off and on for about 10 years. I know it is probably going to take us a while to conceive, but right now im worried about my periods. I started BC originally because of heavy, painful periods and im scared now going off of it, my next period is going to be horrible. Any similar situations? I want to be prepared or have a piece of mind about it- I know that sounds silly!

ImALittleTeaPot March 7th, 2013 06:32 PM

Re: Off the pill... here we go!

Welcome, km! I went off BCP in November, and DH and I are finally putting serious effort into TTC.

Going off the pill was so scary for me -- I felt like I'd been on it so long that I worried I wouldn't know what to do when I started! I know that sounds completely ridiculous, but I was used to having perfectly regulated cycles and knew exactly which day of the week... almost down to the hour... that I would start.

And you know what??? I made it! I remembered how to tell that AF was about to come and when to start carrying my "bag of supplies" around with me. Yeah, the cramping was awful. The mood swings this month are insane. But I trust that my body will figure things out.

I've heard it can take anywhere from 3 months to a year for your body to regulate. So try to be patient.

Here is the best advice I've received this week: 1)Start on prenatal vitamins, 2)start charting, 3)do what feels right and is easy for you and DH, and 4) don't stress about doing it wrong. :)

Good luck! Hope AF comes soon and is nice to you while she's here!!

waiting2bemommy March 7th, 2013 10:27 PM

Welcome! :hug:

I don't have experience with this but I am sure that you will make it through this and I wish lots of luck and tons of sticky baby dust for you.

Nicholle ttc March 8th, 2013 04:52 AM

Hi there,

I'm Nicholle (33) one of the co-hosts of the board. I was on bcp for 10 years and I too was worried about my heavy AFs. When I stopped BCP, it really wasn't that bad. My first few AFs were a little rough, but I got used to it. If you are worried about pain, have your ob/gyn prescribe something for you. It worked for me.

You've joined a wonderful board. The ladies here are so very friendly and helpful. :D Please feel free to rant or ask questions as needed.

Hopefully, you'll get that beautiful BFP right away! Good luck and keep us posted! :dust:

SmilingSam March 8th, 2013 05:23 AM

Hi! :waves: I am Sam (24). My husband and I have been trying since December when I stopped the bcp after 10 years of use. I was having around 6 periods a year and was afraid to experience what my periods would be like again. The periods themselves are not that bad actually! Everyonce in a while I have a cramp that makes me pause. Something that has changed my life is the diva cup. I ditched tampons and am soooo glad.

My cycles have taken a long time to even out and I'm afraid they still have not gone back to normal yet.

Feel free to ask any questions you have! And welcome

momology March 8th, 2013 06:03 AM

Hi there and welcome!!! I was on BCP for about 10 years as well and I had the same concerns. Like some of the other ladies said it can take a while for your body to regulate which can be a pain and confusing at first. When AF finally showed for me it really wasn't so bad. It took around 3 or 4 months for AF to come back for me once I quit BCP and another couple months to even out. The cramps are worse for me which isn't my favorite thing but it really isn't so bad.

Best of luck to you!!!!!!

butterfly721 March 8th, 2013 09:40 AM

Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you! This board is a wonderful place for information and support.

kmwilliams March 8th, 2013 05:46 PM

Thank you so much, ladies! Just bought my prenatals today and ready to get this process started. Glad I have y'all along the way!

ImALittleTeaPot March 8th, 2013 05:58 PM

Yay for prenatals! Just FYI: I've been on mine for a week, the first few days were rough... I constantly felt nauseated. I found taking them at night works the best for me. Hope your transition onto them is smooth!

iErica March 9th, 2013 02:10 PM

No advice for you, but welcome!

MrsJones March 10th, 2013 06:20 AM

Hey there! I'm Amanda and we are in the exact same boat right now. I just came off my bc last week and it's been a lil crazy on my hormones but I think I'm getting along a little better now. Everyone has been really great and full of knowledge here.