JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Afraid that it's going to hurt like h-e-double hockey sticks (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2634687-afraid-its-going-to-hurt-like-h-e-double-hockey-sticks.html)

girlsofsummer March 14th, 2013 08:15 AM

Afraid that it's going to hurt like h-e-double hockey sticks

So I'm making an April appointment to get my IUD removed. And I am so, so afraid that it's going to hurt like it did with insertion. I got it put in 2 years ago, during my period as they suggested. It was the most awful pain (and I've had my appendix rupture in my stomach -- that pain was bad, but insertion was worse).

I guess I could try to pump myself up and say it's good practice for labor, but **** I'm nervous. Perhaps a glass of wine beforehand? ;)

Nicholle ttc March 14th, 2013 08:31 AM

Re: Afraid that it's going to hurt like h-e-double hockey sticks

Never had an IUD, so I can't give any advice. Good luck with the removal. Hopefully the removal won't be nearly as painful as the insertion. GL and KUP!

momology March 14th, 2013 08:46 AM

I also have never had an IUD - but wanted to say good luck to you!! Hopefully it wont be too painful. Let us know how it goes!!

butterfly721 March 14th, 2013 09:56 AM

I've never had an IUD, but I hope the pain isn't bad. I wish you luck! :heart:

Jen@FirsAve March 14th, 2013 11:31 AM

I've never had one either! I hope it isnt too bad :hug:

SmilingSam March 14th, 2013 11:38 AM

No experience here. But GOOD LUCK! And let us know how it goes.

Cait&AngelAbove March 14th, 2013 06:43 PM

No experience here. I hope it doesn't hurt!!!!

ErinBoshnyak1985 March 14th, 2013 06:46 PM

Sees I'm sorry I have to be another one with no experience with this but I hope it goes well and doesn't hurt.....to be honest---a muscle relaxant? Would that help? Why do those things hurt, anyway?

Sunrise March 15th, 2013 05:10 AM

Never had one either- but I'd consider ibuprofen instead of wine. Also- if you're anxious about the pain- ask your doctor for maybe one dose of antianxiety medicine and take it one hour before? Good luck.

girlsofsummer March 15th, 2013 09:51 AM

Yeah I definitely think I need something! Oh well, if nothing else it's good practice for pain!

Thanks for all of the support. I'm looking into a midwife center for care/birthing when we get to that point, and they can remove it for me. So I'm thinking I may leave my current OB/GYN and go to this place so all of my care from start to finish is with the same doc.

Did anyone use a midwife?

girlsofsummer March 15th, 2013 09:52 AM

Yeah I definitely think I need something! Oh well, if nothing else it's good practice for pain!

Thanks for all of the support. I'm looking into a midwife center for care/birthing when we get to that point, and they can remove it for me. So I'm thinking I may leave my current OB/GYN and go to this place so all of my care from start to finish is with the same doc.

Did anyone use a midwife?

Slzerbst March 16th, 2013 11:29 AM

I was freaking out just like u before I had men removed, and it didn't hurt at all!! It was like having a very long tampon in and pulling it out!!