JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   My crazy night - O/T (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2635381-my-crazy-night-o-t.html)

butterfly721 March 16th, 2013 08:24 PM

My crazy night - O/T

I just had a very funny, slightly annoying evening. DH and I went to a dinner/auction at his church. I thought it would be a pretty quiet, laid back event. It was anything but. Why, you ask? Well, because there was TONS of beer and wine. I don't drink anymore, and it sucks to be the sober person in a room full of other people drinking.

My grandma also happened to be at this event. DH brought her a glass of wine, and after she drank it, she said to me, "I wonder how many glasses of wine I can have before I'm over the legal limit to drive home?" She's 88. *lol* I was like, "One glass is probably plenty, Gram." Then she was like, "I wonder if this will react with my medication?" I was like, "If you have to ask that, you probably shouldn't be drinking." *lol* Still, she was pretty tipsy after one glass and she had her arm around the man next to her all night, who by the way, she had never met before! I took her wine glass away. *lol*

DH also had about 8 beers and one glass of wine, so he was overly chipper and getting pretty annoying. Needless to say, I drove home. When we got home, he kept insisting he wasn't drunk while he ate 2 doughnuts. Then he went up and got in the guest bed (not realizing what room he was in) and requested another doughnut in bed. So I took a picture of him eating it in the guest bed to show him tomorrow that, yes, he was indeed drunk. *lol*

The auction items all went for really high prices, so we didn't get anything. I think the reason they provided the alcohol was to get people tipsy enough to bid high. It worked. So it was a great fundraiser for the church, which I'm glad for them about. But I'm exhausted from trying to make sure neither my husband not grandmother did anything stupid. *lol*

SmilingSam March 16th, 2013 09:18 PM

Re: My crazy night - O/T

Reba, sounds like quite the night :) you were sweet to take care of your man. That's funny that he kept saying he wasn't drunk while stuffing his face.

And I can totally relate to being the only sober one in a crowd. Drunk people can be sooooo annoying.

Jen@FirsAve March 17th, 2013 05:35 AM

:giggle: Sounds like a great night, the church definately had the right idea with the booze to get people bidding high!

Sorry you didnt manage to get the quilt you had your eye on! I hope DH's head isnt hurting too much this morning

butterfly721 March 17th, 2013 08:38 AM

Well, DH was fine this morning. He got up earlier than I did, woke me up, and was overly chipper. How annoying. Who drinks that much and feels great the next morning?? *lol*

Jen@FirsAve March 17th, 2013 02:36 PM

Urgh that so unfair! I hate people like that. I get the WORST hangovers! One of the good things about cutting way down on alcohol whilst ttc, no hangovers!

ImALittleTeaPot March 17th, 2013 03:16 PM

I also get horrid hangovers, which is why I didn't drink much even before TTC. So I feel your frustration with your DH being all chipper this morning. UGH!

My question is: How was your GRANDMA this morning?!?! I think it's so precious when grandparents drink!

ImALittleTeaPot March 17th, 2013 03:16 PM

I also get horrid hangovers, which is why I didn't drink much even before TTC. So I feel your frustration with your DH being all chipper this morning. UGH!

My question is: How was your GRANDMA this morning?!?! I think it's so precious when grandparents drink!

Cait&AngelAbove March 17th, 2013 03:36 PM

Sounds like such a funny night! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall! :lol: And no way I would have felt okay this morning!

momology March 17th, 2013 07:16 PM

Sounds pretty entertaining. I would have felt so bad this morning if I drank that much. . . like not able to get out of bed for a week bad haha

Nicholle ttc March 18th, 2013 06:48 AM

That is awesome that everyone is getting drunk at a church function! :lol: I agree, it's not fun being the sober one when everyone else is drunk. At least DH is a chipper drunk! And chipper the next day too! :D