JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   DH's and TTC! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2638035-dhs-and-ttc.html)

AshleyO March 26th, 2013 11:23 AM

DH's and TTC!

Hey ladies! So often do they get left out of the TTC picture I figured I would share a short story about my DH from yesterday.

We were out car shopping because Joe is getting nervous about not having room in his truck to put a carseat :giggle: He drives an F250 super duty that only has the regular cab on it. Absolutely no room for anyone but a passenger. So we get to the dealership and were looking at trucks and SUVs. The salesman comes up, introduces himself to us and asks Joe what he is looking for in his next vehicle. Joe stands there so smuggly, smirks at me and says " Well sir you see we are working on building our little family and I need to be able to fit a couple of carseats in the back." I literally almost cried! I couldn't have imagined loving him anymore than I already do but at that moment I realized I did.

Love my DH so much!

Anyone else have experiences with their DH's like this?

Nicholle ttc March 26th, 2013 11:30 AM

Re: DH's and TTC!

Again, :wub: this! Sounds like you have a great DH!

My DH is awesome as well. :heart: He's been through so much with ttcing--multiple SA's, IUI, IVF, etc...he's always been so positive through the whole experience. He keeps reminding me that no matter what we are going to have a baby, it just may not be on our time frame. :wub:

ImALittleTeaPot March 26th, 2013 11:37 AM

It's so important to have a supportive DH!

I guess this is a good spot to share my DH story from last night. I was lurking on the TTC board, and a woman there took an OPK several days post O and got a super positive and was wondering if that could indicate a positive pregnancy (to which everyone said to go get a HPT!!!). DH asked why that would even work, so I was telling him about LH. He's like "OH! LH... Little Human. That makes sense. It's the hormone that starts the little human baking inside."

Of course I knew he was being silly, but it was so darn cute! I just love how interested he is in the whole process and will do whatever he can to make me laugh and not stress.

Everytime we go visit our 4 god kids or play with the baby chicks, he just gets so paternal, and it's adorable. :wub: I just love him. :wub:

starlitnite611 March 26th, 2013 12:58 PM

Yesterday my dh called to say that he really wants to be more active in the ttc . I am so excited.

plan4fate March 26th, 2013 01:01 PM

Mine's a dingdong. He's of the opinion you make your family to suit your car. I keep asking him my car or his. My car will hold 2 kids (5 seater station wagon) his will hold 5 (7 seater mini van).

He has his good moments though... like seeing Reme laying on me asleep.. and saying he can't wait until one day that's a teeny tiny baby.

butterfly721 March 26th, 2013 01:08 PM

Right when we first started TTC, I was lying in bed crying one night because I was worried about the expense of having a baby and the fact that I don't work and don't want to work. DH came up and saw me crying and he held me and told me not to worry about the expense and that he could easily take care of it.

Jen@FirsAve March 26th, 2013 01:08 PM

These are some amazing stories, we all have great OH's :wub:

My DF is so supportive too, he doesnt talk much about what it'll be like once we have a family or things he looks forward too as, at the moment, it makes us both pretty sad. However, he has never ever faulted in his adamance that we WILL have a family one day and whatever I say about the fact that he cant know that for sure - he says he does. I dont know what i'd do without him :wub

AshleyO March 26th, 2013 01:31 PM

AW!!! We all have amazing other halves!

Cait&AngelAbove March 27th, 2013 11:37 AM

We all have some great DHs!

When we m/c the first I fell apart. DH held me in the bed and cried with me and told me that he would move Heaven and Earth to put a baby in my arms! He is amazing!

AnnaBonana March 27th, 2013 09:10 PM

The other day i was talking to DH about letting my gym membership expire once we have a baby because when will I ever get to use it? And he works INSANE hours but he takes every Saturday afternoon off.

So he said "We'll, you can keep your gym membership, and every Saturday the baby and I will drop you off at the gym and then go to do groceries while you work out."

Omg, the thought if my big giant momma's boy farmer taking a wee one to the grocery store... It just about made my ovaries explode on the spot.

AnnaBonana March 27th, 2013 09:10 PM

The other day i was talking to DH about letting my gym membership expire once we have a baby because when will I ever get to use it? And he works INSANE hours but he takes every Saturday afternoon off.

So he said "We'll, you can keep your gym membership, and every Saturday the baby and I will drop you off at the gym and then go to do groceries while you work out."

Omg, the thought if my big giant momma's boy farmer taking a wee one to the grocery store... It just about made my ovaries explode on the spot.

SmilingSam March 28th, 2013 03:49 AM

My husband has said a sweet thing or two. He does patiently remind me that we WILL have a baby. He says not to worry because we will just keep going to the doctor until we have our child. That always touches and calms me. One day he asked me of I felt pregnant and it melted my heart. :heart:

ArmyWife28 March 28th, 2013 06:56 AM

I absolutely love it! It helps to have a DH that's super supportive :) We are truly blessed women.

sarav March 28th, 2013 08:04 AM

My DH is more reserved in everything. He gets a look on his face when I talk about all the temping and charting and such. We talked about things a few weeks agao, cuz I was not feeling supported in our decision. We spooned and talked about it. The way we work out any of our "issues" is spooning and talking. Makes me feel safe to talk and loved that way. Anyway, he says he's excited for the next step but nervous at the same time.

He is the more logical, less emotional partner. His parents came over from Thailand for college and then became citizens of the US, so DH was born here, but was raised in a house that still carried some of the Thai traditions. His parents are very reserved. So the real sign of support came when he decided he wanted to tell his parents we are going to start TTC in May.

And every time I have to take an injection and I question my ability to do this, he reminds me I can do anything if I just keep picturing our family. He promises to wipe out my sickly genes with his "super asian sperm".

He may not always wear his heart on his sleeve, but he is still a great DH.