JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   BBT ain't easy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2638540-bbt-aint-easy.html)

sarav March 28th, 2013 06:45 AM

BBT ain't easy

Getting into the habit of temping is not an easy thing. I have been temping for 10 days now and I have forgotton 3 of them. My temps are all over the place too, so FF doesn't think I ovulated yet. I am pretty sure I ovulated on Friday or Saturday, since I felt cramping on one side on Friday. A few months ago, I thought the cramping was a sign of cysts, but my gyno did an ultrasound and found no cysts besides functional ones (follicles). They suspect I am sensitive to ovulation. So even though I didn't think I would need the OPKs, I bought a bunch. Hopefully those are more reliable than me remembering to temp first thing in the morning.

ArmyWife28 March 28th, 2013 06:50 AM

Re: BBT ain't easy

You will eventually get in the habit of it...I keep it right by my alarm so when it goes off I take my temp...Granted I'm still half asleep LOL! But I take my temp and store it in my phone, I have this app for TTC.

sarav March 28th, 2013 06:59 AM

I keep the thermometer next to my alarm as well. Being half asleep, sometimes I just get up and go thru the usual morning routine before I realize I forgot to temp. They say new habits can take 2-3 weeks to form. Hopefully by next month, which is the month before we start TTC, I will have the habit formed.

Boolajoojoo March 28th, 2013 07:11 AM

You eventually get into the habit of temping. I had a hard time the first few weeks, and almost gave up, but now it's close to second nature. The only thing, is sometimes I am so groggy when I put it into my phone sometimes I save the temperature over the day before's temp. Oopsie. I used to save it in an app called MyDays and then transcribe the temperature into FF, I think I am just going to start entering it directly into the FF phone app because it defaults to the current date and time.

butterfly721 March 28th, 2013 08:24 AM

When I first bought my BBT, I was really excited and used it every morning. I keep forgetting to use it now, though. I am just winging it for now, and if I don't get pg in the next couple months, I will buckle down and start using it seriously.

Obviously, I have trouble finishing what I start, which is probably why I've never gotten a book published. I like to experiment with things. *lol*

girlsofsummer March 28th, 2013 09:24 AM

butterfly721 I have a feeling I'll be the same way ha! Starting = exciting, actually following through = rare.

I need to get a new thermometer, I took DH's temp the other night (twice) and it really off and changed from one reading to another.

I'd like to get one that has the memory function on it, so I can go back to sleep after temping.

ImALittleTeaPot March 28th, 2013 05:01 PM

The first two months after going off the pill, I temped every day -- by pen and paper, no fancy app for me at that point... then in February, I got sick and didn't temp all month. This month has been much better (although I didn't start until after AF)... I'm definitely getting into the habit!

Here's what I've found works for me (and DH). I'm NOT a morning person. I hate the alarm with all of my being. So even before temping, I relied on the snooze function!!! Now, when the alarm goes off for the first time, I nudge DH to snooze for 10 minutes, I stick the thermometer in my mouth, sleep for 10 more minutes -- remembering, of course, to take the thermometer out when it beeps -- and then I record my temp on FF mobile app after I'm out of bed. I would NOT be able to temp if it wasn't for the memory function!

GL! And there are plenty of women who don't temp and just chart CM and even more out there who just BD like crazy and manage to get it done! ;) So I'm SURE if temping doesn't stick, you'll be fine!