JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   when to test (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2639070-when-to-test.html)

ImALittleTeaPot March 30th, 2013 04:17 AM

when to test

TooWhen do you start taking hpts? Is 10 dpo too soon?

kmwilliams March 30th, 2013 04:28 AM

Re: when to test

I plan on taking my first on 10DPO! From what I've read up on, BFPs can show then. GL!

AshleyO March 30th, 2013 08:43 AM

Hahaha oh lady, for those of us POAS we can start whenever! I have started testing as early as 5 dpo! :D This month I will not be doing that though, I learned my lesson!

I have heard that on average it is between 9 and 12 DPO.

Good luck and hopefully you get your BFP!!

ImALittleTeaPot March 30th, 2013 09:15 AM

Bfn Today. :(

SmilingSam March 30th, 2013 09:41 AM

Awwww. How many dpo are you? It could be too early. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Jen@FirsAve March 30th, 2013 03:00 PM

sorry about the BFN :hug: It's still early, thats why a lot of people wont test early as they dont like to see the BFN's

I'll keep my FXd for you!

BabyBirdies March 30th, 2013 05:33 PM

I tend to start at 11 or 12 DPO - you're less likely to get false negatives. CountdowntoPregnancy.com has a whole set of statistics about when you are likely to get a negative or a positive. That's how i decided.

plan4fate March 30th, 2013 09:30 PM

sorry about the bfn sweetie.

i just test at will... or I did before. After the last batch of Wondfos... I probably will not be buying cheapies anymore.

ImALittleTeaPot March 31st, 2013 08:49 PM

Thanks, ladies!

The negative yesterday was really, really hard.

DH and I decided to take one more this morning and then let it be until Thursday. (AF should show up on Wednesday.) Another BFN, but I handled it pretty well today.

I think it might be time to start a journal, though... get some of my feelings out in full thoughts.

plan4fate March 31st, 2013 11:57 PM

*hugs*

I love my journal. It's a place I can write where I don't feel judged for anything I say :)

Nicholle ttc April 1st, 2013 05:10 AM

:bighug: So sorry about the bfn! :bighug: We're here for you!

momology April 1st, 2013 06:45 AM

So sorry about the BFN - those are hard to see. :hug:

I test 11 or 12 DPO - I always said I would wait until AF showed but I was bad at that :rolleyes:

SmilingSam April 1st, 2013 06:49 AM

I just started a journal. I do recommend it. When will you test again? Or will you just wait for AF?

ImALittleTeaPot April 1st, 2013 08:19 AM

I don't think I'll test again -- pretty sure AF will show up by Wednesday. I'm already cramping, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her tomorrow.

From now on, I'm going to try REALLY HARD to not test before 11 DPO... But we'll see how that works out.

AshleyO April 1st, 2013 09:05 AM

I am so sorry sweetie! The negatives can be extremely hard to deal with. I hope you still get your BFP though. Sending good thoughts out your way!

Boolajoojoo April 1st, 2013 11:07 AM

It could still be too soon, I hope you get your BFP though!