JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   "My wife beat you to getting pregnant!" *GRR* (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2640642-my-wife-beat-you-to-getting-pregnant-grr.html)

butterfly721 April 4th, 2013 01:12 PM

"My wife beat you to getting pregnant!" *GRR*

A friend from college just e-mailed to tell me that his wife "beat" me to getting pregnant. I don't mind that he wanted to share his happy news with me, but the way he worded it really makes me angry.

This is their third child, by the way. They had agreed not to have any more children, and she got pregnant behind his back on purpose. Again. The same thing happened after they had their first child.

I am sick of people wording things so insensitively. I just told him "congratulations" and left it at that. I figure that if I don't have anything nice to say, then I shouldn't say anything at all.

plan4fate April 4th, 2013 01:37 PM

Re: "My wife beat you to getting pregnant!" *GRR*

I'd have had your husband reply back with "congrats, now next time my wife sees you, she's going to beat YOU for being an insensitive moron."

But we aren't very classy people here :p

Jen@FirsAve April 4th, 2013 01:39 PM

What an insensitive jerk (also insert *******, ****, ******* idiot). I wouldnt have even offered congratulations! :hug:

Cait&AngelAbove April 4th, 2013 01:42 PM

What a jerk! I am so so so sorry you had to deal with that!

momology April 4th, 2013 01:54 PM

That is terrible!!!!! :mad: I would have had a hard time responding at all. So sorry someone was so rude and insensitive to you. :hug:

SmilingSam April 4th, 2013 01:58 PM

:eek::mad::angry2::devil::shoot::shoot:
:shoot::shoot::shoot::getaway:

Are you SERIOUS????

That's ridiculous. You have a lot of patience because I think I would have wanted to say something really inappropriate in response.

What. A. Dummy.

butterfly721 April 4th, 2013 02:41 PM

Thank you, ladies, SO much for the support. I feel a lot better already. Thanks for sympathizing with me.

I just feel like he was trying to rub it in my face. Besides, who says that someone else "beat" you at getting pregnant? I feel like he might as well have said to me, "My wife beat you at the spelling bee! Nannie-nannie-boo-boo!" *lol*

ImALittleTeaPot April 4th, 2013 03:12 PM

What a d-bag! (only semi-nice thing I could think of to say because "jerk" wasn't gonna cut it!)

What kind of "friend" does something like that??? Since when is growing your own family a contest???? OMG.

You are a better person than I, Reba, because your response of "congrats" was so much nicer than mine would have been.

Humanity... I tell ya, we have a whole bunch of winners. Let's hope their kids grow up to have more class!

denalibear April 4th, 2013 08:00 PM

Wow...so sorry...what an a$$hat I swear I think people have completely lost the ability to filter their thoughts.

left_field April 4th, 2013 08:19 PM

oh my how insensitive...so sorry...I know that cut deep :( hugs to you

Boolajoojoo April 4th, 2013 10:07 PM

Wow, some people have no class.

This is why I keep the fact that we are TTC a closely guarded secret IRL. Nobody knows. It's obnoxious enough that if I complain around friends or co-workers about a stomach ache, nausea, or feeling tired, someone always has to say "Oh, you're pregnant!" like... what the heck? I don't even know how to respond.

I am sorry your friend is a turd. It sounds like you handled it gracefully, I would have probably stooped to his level... but maybe he didn't even realize he was being a turd.

Nicholle ttc April 5th, 2013 05:08 AM

Yeah, I don't think I could have responded at all, but I think that is nice that you offered a congratulations. Though it's difficult to reply so positively, I do believe in karma, so you did the right thing. I would be pissed though.... :hug:

AshleyO April 5th, 2013 01:06 PM

That son of a.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Insert bad words here!

ChiChica April 5th, 2013 03:44 PM

Gross. I would have had to go radio silence on him, because I would not have been able to muster a "congratulations."

butterfly721 April 5th, 2013 05:43 PM

Thank you so much for the wonderful support, ladies. You are the only people who understand just how hurtful these kinds of comments are. I appreciate all of you so much. I'm so grateful to have such a loving, supportive place to come. :heart:

ImALittleTeaPot April 5th, 2013 05:59 PM

:grouphug: I agree, Reba! We've got a great place to come find support, don't we!?!?!

zonee@gmail.com April 6th, 2013 09:20 AM

I agree that person is an a$$hAT lol. No one should ever say that to another person. I have friends that were pregnant and mc at 10 weeks, a month or so after that his brother called to say he and his gf were pregnant & "who would of thought i would have a baby before you two". If they didnt loose the baby, theirs would have been 2-3 months older. People can just be insensitive to others, keep your chin up; it will all work out.

butterfly721 April 6th, 2013 09:55 AM

Jeralynn, this is definitely the best place for TTC support I have ever found!! :heart:

Zonee, thank you so much!! :smile: