JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Throw out Thursday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2644223-throw-out-thursday.html)

Jen@FirsAve April 18th, 2013 10:35 AM

Throw out Thursday

If you could throw out one item of your DHs/ OHs clothing, what would it be? And why?

SmilingSam April 18th, 2013 10:55 AM

Re: Throw out Thursday

I can't throw it ALL out??? ;)

plan4fate April 18th, 2013 11:00 AM

I ditto Sam!

He has been hoarding old ripped T-shirts. I told him the minute I buy a sewing machine I'm cutting them all up and making a quilt. He fussed.. then I informed him that any ripped (no work) t-shirt is being made into cloth diapers when we have a baby.. and he was suddenly ok with a quilt.

babydreams0809 April 18th, 2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan4fate (Post 27296933)
I ditto Sam!

He has been hoarding old ripped T-shirts. I told him the minute I buy a sewing machine I'm cutting them all up and making a quilt. He fussed.. then I informed him that any ripped (no work) t-shirt is being made into cloth diapers when we have a baby.. and he was suddenly ok with a quilt.

Thank you for making my day!

I would probably throw out the Bride's Maid dress from my sister's wedding last summer. It is cute, but it is one of those wrap around dress that doesn't quite stay wrapped around you if you are big hipped like I am. So, needless to say, I have only worn it once.

momology April 18th, 2013 11:28 AM

The t-shirts with the sleeves cut off!!!! They drive me nuts haha leave the sleeves on buy a tank top if your arms really get that hot. . . I have been slowly getting rid of them :sneak:

AnnaBonana April 18th, 2013 12:06 PM

Wow, glad I'm not the only one who hates my DH's clothing, LOL.

His parents are hoarders of almost television worthy proportions. He has over fifty worn out, holy barn t-shirts. Then he has about fifteen pairs of barn jeans that have been re sewn, stitched, ripped and put back together more times than I think they're worth.

Then there are his regular jeans ... Just before we got married, his mother bought him about five pairs of Tommy Hilfiger jeans. Wonderful, right? NO. My DH is 6'5".... She buys him 34" inseam jeans. He needs a 38! He look ridiculous!

I could go n but I'll stop here! I'm sure you can imagine the state and volume of his socks!

butterfly721 April 18th, 2013 12:54 PM

I would love to throw out DH's Steelers / Penguins shirt that says, "On ice or grass, we'll kick your ______."

You can fill in the rhyme for yourself. *lol* It actually says the word on the T-shirt, but I didn't want to say it on here.

SmilingSam April 18th, 2013 01:28 PM

DITTO the sleeves that are cut off! Thankfully my husband doesn't have any of those. But I see guys wearing them at the gym all the time. It's the worst when they are cut off to where you can see all the way down to a man's stomach. How is that attractive?

Most my husband holds onto things for a really, really long time. So he has a bunch of shirts where the collars are frayed and there are holes in the fabric. Those are the ones I would cull first.

Cait&AngelAbove April 18th, 2013 03:07 PM

I would love to throw out his current pair of work short. They have a huge hole in his butt an he keeps wearing them even though he has other shorts for work.

ImALittleTeaPot April 18th, 2013 04:12 PM

DH is pretty good about only wearing his ratty t-shirts on laundry days when we're just at the house.

For the most part, he wears polos, so I don't have to deal with any obnoxious t-shirts! ;)

BUT... there is this one polo... oh and he knows I hate it and that I won't let him wear it out of the house. So I don't even know WHY he still has it and I next time we do a goodwill run, I will sneak it in!! It's this NASTY yellow color and has big blue horizontal stripes. Inside of the big nasty blue stripes are small white stripes. It might look good on someone... but it doesn't flatter Brian's figure and the color does nothing for him.

I would honestly burn it if I could find a way to make it look like an "accident."

butterfly721 April 18th, 2013 05:37 PM

Am I alone in wondering if I could make some of the undesirable articles of clothing "disappear" in the laundry? Have any of you other ladies who do the laundry thought of doing this?

Be honest.

ImALittleTeaPot April 18th, 2013 05:41 PM

Oh Reba... I have thought about it!!! Especially with holy underwear that DH thinks are still wearable because they're still in one piece!

AnnaBonana April 18th, 2013 08:09 PM

LOL @ Butterfly's question. I guess I am lucky because my DH doesn't mind if I get rid of his clothing that is revolting. I've gotten rid of quite a bit. He was upset when I threw out one pair of long john's that were practically crotchless and missing a knee and the better part of a thigh. He wanted to wear them until the end of the season (2-3 weeks) and I was scared they would fall apart in the wash!

Jen@FirsAve April 19th, 2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butterfly721 (Post 27297974)
Am I alone in wondering if I could make some of the undesirable articles of clothing "disappear" in the laundry? Have any of you other ladies who do the laundry thought of doing this?

Be honest.

Thought about it,,, yep! Over the last 8 years a fair few pieces of clothing have mysteriously disappeared lol!

I love ho much everyone joined in this thread! With my df its tshirts anf jeans. He has so so many of each yet insists he can't throw any out as he might need that specific pair or tshirt forca specific ocaasion. Oh and don't get me started on socks lol!

momology April 19th, 2013 06:39 AM

:rofl: if I have to be honest I have really considered a "disappearing act" on some specific items haha. He somehow manages to lose clothes anyway so I don't even think he would be suspicious :D

I have no idea how my DH loses clothes. . . he has lost his favorite gray jacket and a favorite work shirt. Where do they go????

SmilingSam April 19th, 2013 07:12 AM

A couple of months ago I went ballistic when sorting socks. I had done the laundry and was looking at a laundry basket full of over 20 different unmatched socks. I flipped. I threw out every sock except one pair. I had been warning him that I was tired of matching socks and needed to go buy a whole bunch of the SAME type of sock. So out went his socks. It felt sooooooooo good! My husband just stared at me like I was a mainiac. It was a special moment.

But somehow I'm still finding socks that weren't from the replacement bags that he bought.