JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   It's been a while... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2644851-its-been-while.html)

shakou April 21st, 2013 06:14 PM

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I've been here, life being so busy and all. So my husband and I have been trying for a little over a year now with no luck. I have a very funny feeling it has something to do with irregular periods I've had ever since high school. I'm worried I could have PCOS, but I'm not a doctor and this is my first time ever dealing with trying to get pregnant. We don't have health insurance, so I've been reluctant to go to a doctor, but finally caved and set up an appointment. The stress of guessing what's going on is driving me absolutely crazy :( We went in last thursday and talked with the doctor for a bit. She sent me off to get some blood tests done then we will be returning on May 2nd to talk with the doctor about the results.

left_field April 21st, 2013 06:38 PM

Re: It's been a while...

welcome back...I'm Linny and we've been TTCing for 5 months..just started our 6th cycle. Hoping we all soon get our bfp..good luck to you

plan4fate April 21st, 2013 06:43 PM

Welcome back.

I'm Ashley, my DH and I have been ttc since December 2011, I saw an OB two weeks ago myself ( we also don't have insurance ) and my TSH (thyroid hormone) levels came back high (I expected them too).

I hope the doctor has some good news, or at least a good game plan for you!

AnnaBonana April 21st, 2013 08:29 PM

Hi! I'm Anna, DH and I are brand new to TTC. I'm sorry to hear about your irregular periods. I hope you can get an appointment ASAP.

FX for you!

SmilingSam April 21st, 2013 10:30 PM

Welcome. I'm Sam! I had irregular periods as a teen and was put on the pill. Fast forward ten years later and I come off of the pill only to discover that yes, I still have irregular periods. My husband and I have been trying to almost 6 months now. My doctor and I decided that I'm not ovulating and that's why I go almost 60 days inbetween periods. Have you ever tried an ovulation predictor kit (opk)? I highly recommend it!

Keep us updated on how your appointment goes. :waves:

momology April 22nd, 2013 07:10 AM

Hi there and welcome!!! My name is Elle :waves:

TTC is so stressful :hug: Hang in there! I hope your doctor is able to provide you with some answers when you go back. Have you been tracking your cycles or temping? That has given me so much insight into the strange things my body is doing and Fertility Friend is a really great resource online if you are interested in that.

Keep us updated!

AshleyO April 22nd, 2013 12:08 PM

Hi I am Ashley and DH and I have been TTC since Dec. 2012. This is my first cycle after a chemical pregnancy. I have irregular periods as well but all of my tests came back fine. My doc says it's not natural for all of us to have "normal 28" day cycles ; ) My cycles range anywhere from 32-45 days. Good luck and keep us posted. Sorry about the no insurance.

Jen@FirsAve April 22nd, 2013 12:23 PM

Hi, I'm Jen one of the co-hosts for the board. Me and DF have been ttc since July 2011, currently on cycle #22. We have an appointment on 10th May at the fertility clinic to start our first IUI cycle. I hope your appointment on the 2nd May comes quickly and that the doc has a plan for you!

Nicholle ttc April 22nd, 2013 05:17 PM

:welcome: I'm Nicholle the other co-host of the board. DH and I have been trying since August 2011. I hope that your appt goes well and that your ob/gyn figures out why you are having trouble conceiving. I've been ttcmaing for awhile now, have been clomid, injectibles, IUI and IVF. If you have any questions please feel free to pm. Good luck and KUP!