JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Weird Wednesday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2645535-weird-wednesday.html)

Nicholle ttc April 24th, 2013 04:59 AM

Weird Wednesday

Hi ladies,

What is the weirdest food that you have ever eaten?

Cait&AngelAbove April 24th, 2013 06:01 AM

Re: Weird Wednesday

I am not very experimental so either calamari or beef tartar

momology April 24th, 2013 07:03 AM

I will have to go with Pig Trotters :giggle: Last year when DH and I were in Paris we made some friends who took us to a restaurant and we let them order everything for us. One of the items was "Pig Trotters" which turned out to be pigs feet. . .

ArmyWife28 April 24th, 2013 07:19 AM

Escargo :)

sarav April 24th, 2013 07:21 AM

I hate paying for a food I may not like. I think the most adventurous I have gotten is sushi rolls with fish eggs or a kangaroo burger.

SmilingSam April 24th, 2013 08:07 AM

I'm not a very adventurous eater. I ate true caviar at my in-laws and I thought it was gross and weird. Who really wants to eat fish eggs? YUCK

AshleyO April 24th, 2013 08:44 AM

hahaha, ew to the caviar and pigs feet! :giggle:

Weirdest things I have eaten ~ Rocky Mountain Oysters.. (bull testicles). I have eaten gator and stuff like that but that's all normal in the south ;)

Nicholle ttc April 24th, 2013 09:17 AM

Bull testicles! How did they taste?

I love to try different kinds of foods. Last week when I was in Cleveland, I was trying to convince my friends to go to this restaurant so that I could eat beef cheek pierogies and bone marrow. They wouldn't go for it. :( Maybe next time, I'll try it! ;)

plan4fate April 24th, 2013 10:49 AM

I'm not very adventurous either. DH would say I eat a lot of weird things, but they're normal he just doesn't like them.

Breakfast Brewis is probably the weirdest one. It's Newfoundland Hard Bread that you soak in water over night, heat up (in the water) in the morning, drain and serve with butter and sugar. I don't see it being much different than oatmeal... he gaggied. LOL

butterfly721 April 24th, 2013 11:28 AM

I ate bear meat one time. That's the weirdest thing I can think of.

Ariw April 24th, 2013 11:57 AM

The most recent weird thing Ive eaten is "walkie talkie" Chicken feet and beaks in Africa. Hoping to try lots of weird food in Japan..most looking forward to Live baby octopus!

AshleyO April 24th, 2013 01:00 PM

hahahaha!! These are all awesome!

momology April 24th, 2013 01:16 PM

So many of these were really fantastic haha and a lot crazier than I had imagined :giggle:

Ashley - I have to admit that "draining" bread does not sound very appetizing.

Great topic!!!!

AshleyO April 24th, 2013 01:17 PM

The rocky mountain oysters are not that bad!

kmwilliams April 24th, 2013 02:29 PM

I ate traditional haggis while in Scotland. It is sheep heart and liver that is minced with other seasonings and spices and then cooked in a pig's stomach. Not kidding. No, it was horrible. Never again!

Boolajoojoo April 24th, 2013 03:15 PM

I have had fermented seal and also some whale blubber and skin... not tasty at all... o.O

plan4fate April 24th, 2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momology (Post 27312787)
So many of these were really fantastic haha and a lot crazier than I had imagined :giggle:

Ashley - I have to admit that "draining" bread does not sound very appetizing.

Great topic!!!!

http://www.thesailorswife.ca/wp-cont...4/DSC00359.jpg

looks like this before you drain it. Just chop it up, and then drown it in butter and sugar. nom nom... now I'm home sick!

AnnaBonana April 24th, 2013 06:06 PM

Ashley! Help me out here. I was in Newfoundland three years ago and a friend made me a traditional meal... The hard bread was part of it, with some kind of fish concoction as well as a moose roast. Then when I did the screeching in, I had to eat a really salty piece of fish, some bologna, and take shots of some kind of liquor.

It was fun! I love the culture and the people. And I loooooove the south. Been down twice, talk about hospitality, manners, and good food! LOL.

ImALittleTeaPot April 24th, 2013 06:59 PM

You ladies are all gross!!!:p

Seriously, I don't eat weird food. I did eat squirrel once, but it tastes like dark meat from chicken.

I'm totally unadventurous when it comes to food... I admire you all for trying some pretty nasty sounding things!

butterfly721 April 25th, 2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImALittleTeaPot (Post 27313963)
You ladies are all gross!!!:p

Seriously, I don't eat weird food. I did eat squirrel once, but it tastes like dark meat from chicken.

I'm totally unadventurous when it comes to food... I admire you all for trying some pretty nasty sounding things!

Squirrel meat is DELICIOUS! So is rabbit. My dog is a squirrel hunting dog. He and my DH go out and hunt and then we cook up lots of little squirrelies and eat them. *lol*