JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Make-up Monday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2648446-make-up-monday.html)

Nicholle ttc May 6th, 2013 04:59 AM

Make-up Monday

What is one item of make-up that you wouldn't leave the house without wearing?

momology May 6th, 2013 06:16 AM

Re: Make-up Monday

That is a hard one. . . I think just my base these days. It used to be mascara because I have blonde eye lashes (and when I don't wear it people often ask if I am sick. . . ) but now my skin is so horrible I really need to throw something on to cover that up.

Cait&AngelAbove May 6th, 2013 06:57 AM

Cover up

girlsofsummer May 6th, 2013 07:06 AM

Under-eye concealer. I'm Italian and have always had dark under-eye circles. So when I'm tired, have bad allergies or sinus troubles, the get even darker.

butterfly721 May 6th, 2013 07:23 AM

mascara

Boolajoojoo May 6th, 2013 08:54 AM

Foundation/cover up... my skin tone is so uneven.. and gross.

I only started wearing makeup a couple years ago and it really stressed me out when I first started wearing makeup, people would always ask "Are you wearing makeup? Why are you wearing makeup?" And it was so embarrassing and awkward having the conversation.... o.O Because they never said "You look fine without it." because the truth is I looked terrible and people were probably just used to me looking gross.....

And I know nobody would have the nerve to ask me "Why aren't you wearing makeup?" Ok... *end mini-rant*

Nicholle ttc May 6th, 2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boolajoojoo (Post 27342691)
Foundation/cover up... my skin tone is so uneven.. and gross.

I only started wearing makeup a couple years ago and it really stressed me out when I first started wearing makeup, people would always ask "Are you wearing makeup? Why are you wearing makeup?" And it was so embarrassing and awkward having the conversation.... o.O Because they never said "You look fine without it." because the truth is I looked terrible and people were probably just used to me looking gross.....

And I know nobody would have the nerve to ask me "Why aren't you wearing makeup?" Ok... *end mini-rant*

:hug: I bet you look beautiful without it!

For me: mascara!

ImALittleTeaPot May 6th, 2013 09:29 AM

Most days, I wear foundation and mascara and call it good enough.

I actually had a seventh grade boy tell me that I looked better when I just wore foundation/mascara than I did when I put my whole face on... so that made my mornings a lot easier from that point on!

sarav May 6th, 2013 10:42 AM

Powder. If I don't have time to put the whole foundation deal on, then I at least try to even out my skin with some powder.

Jen@FirsAve May 6th, 2013 11:39 AM

:giggle: most mornings I leave the house without a scrap of make up on. If I feel like it or have an Important meeting ill do bare minerals foundation and mascara, mayyybe some eyeshadow

epsilonbeta May 6th, 2013 05:52 PM

I'm like Jen, I rarely wear make up.

My big thing is I enjoy my sleep. Also, I teach teenagers and I prefer to look older to them.

AnnaBonana May 6th, 2013 08:18 PM

Wow! You guys are ambitious. I never wear makeup. I have terrible skin and I just feel that by about one in the afternoon, if I wear makeup, it just makes my skin oily and I feel gross.

I've always wanted to try a really fancy brand of makeup to see if it helps, but I just can't justify the expense.

plan4fate May 6th, 2013 09:29 PM

I never wear any. I haven't in years. I think the last bit of Make up I put on was for my wedding day. And DH whined that I put it on to start with.