JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   No self control and I get what I deserve... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2652923-no-self-control-and-i-get-what-i-deserve.html)

AshleyO May 23rd, 2013 09:54 AM

No self control and I get what I deserve...

I was at wal-mart yesterday, in the pharmacy section and saw the First Signal HPTs. .88 cents?! WTH, so I decide to buy 8. Get home, immediately POAS when I said I wasn't going to until tomorrow a.m., BFN. Look at it after dinner and here is the nasty evap line everyone says these tests get! That's what I get for number one- testing to early and number two- for looking at it hours later!! The one on the right is from this morning

Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #132167 | Countdown to Pregnancy

ArmyWife28 May 23rd, 2013 10:28 AM

Re: No self control and I get what I deserve...

Dahhhh!!! How frustrating. I'm sorry love :(

momology May 23rd, 2013 10:47 AM

:hug: It can be so hard to wait sometimes!!! It is still early so you never know.

:dust:

AshleyO May 23rd, 2013 11:05 AM

This is true ladies! Holding onto my speck of hope! See, evap lines can have color!

Jen@FirsAve May 23rd, 2013 11:20 AM

I'm sorry. This is one of the reasons why my tests go straight into the bin after the timeframe. no temptation to looklater on!

remisue16 May 23rd, 2013 11:25 AM

Don't beat yourself up. Sometimes we just can't help ourselves. Hope the next one is more to your liking.

:dust:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve (Post 27389529)
I'm sorry. This is one of the reasons why my tests go straight into the bin after the timeframe. no temptation to looklater on!

I have found myself digging them out at least twice only to be disappointed again! I'm a sucker for punishment.

Nicholle ttc May 23rd, 2013 11:31 AM

I've picked an HPT out of the garbage as well. It still was a BFN! :giggle:

SmilingSam May 23rd, 2013 11:32 AM

I'm not even going to buy any until 9 dpo. Then I throw those suckers deep deep away.

I will be anxiously awaiting the results from your next test.

AshleyO May 23rd, 2013 11:43 AM

DH and I have made an agreement that I will give him my 1 box of FRERs next month and he cannot give me one until FF thinks that I am due for AF.

Boolajoojoo May 23rd, 2013 11:53 AM

Oh wow, haha, you're bad! Fingers crossed it's a BFP for you tomorrow morning!!!!!

girlsofsummer May 23rd, 2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyO (Post 27389619)
DH and I have made an agreement that I will give him my 1 box of FRERs next month and he cannot give me one until FF thinks that I am due for AF.

This is an awesome idea!!

Side note, has anyone seen that "Sex and the City" episode where Miranda bakes a chocolate cake because she's craving chocolate, then proceeds to eat almost all of it? Then she throws the rest away...then she pulls it out of the garbage! Finally, disgusted, she pours dishwashing soap all over the cake in the garbage (and then calls Carrie to tell her what she's done).

I liken this to pulling my PG test out of the trash :rofl:

jessicake May 23rd, 2013 12:27 PM

Aww I think we've all been there!! I have done the same thing :P Now I am going to try and wait to 14 DPO. I imagine I'll break at 12 though lol!!

Good luck testing tomorrow! I hope you get your BFP!

ArmyWife28 May 23rd, 2013 12:34 PM

:ditto: to Nicholle. I've done the same thing.

plan4fate May 23rd, 2013 12:56 PM

awww sweetie I'm sorry.

And that's a really convincing evap.. sheesh

butterfly721 May 23rd, 2013 03:39 PM

I'm sorry. :( I always find it hard to wait to test. I've always been one to dig things out of the trash bin for a second look. Throwing something away has never stopped me from digging it back out again.

AnnaBonana May 23rd, 2013 07:55 PM

I'm a trash digger too. And I always say ill wait till 14 DPO. last cycle,I waited till 12 DPO and this time I made it to 13. I know that if its a BFN I get disappointed for no reason and like this month, I get all worked up,if I think I see a shadow.

I don't know why we torture ourselves so. Just tonight I told DH I wish I didn't know anything about cycles or AF, and could just go to the doctor one day and be told I'm at ten weeks. LOL.

Hugs to you! Keep us posted on your next test.

Jen@FirsAve May 24th, 2013 03:30 AM

:giggle: you ladies crack me up with your rubbish diving! I must have more willpower than I thought lol!

Its definitely still early Ashley, :fingerscrossed: