JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Cramping common 3 DPO? - updated with another possibility...post #6 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2660694-cramping-common-3-dpo-updated-another-possibility-post-6-a.html)

girlsofsummer June 22nd, 2013 08:23 PM

Cramping common 3 DPO? - updated with another possibility...post #6

Hi gals, hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I've had cramping today that initially was more on the right side, then on both sides and now back to the right side. At one point I thought my body was really wackadoo and that I was going to wipe and see AF. It felt just like cramps when AF is about to start (the "gotta get to the bathroom, it's starting" feeling).

When I wiped, I had some CM that had some brown in it. CM has been drying up more and more each day, so it wasn't a significant amount but it was on TP and some on my cervix.

So is that common to have cramping at that DPO? Do you ladies get that?

momology June 24th, 2013 06:07 AM

Re: Common to have cramping 3 DPO?

I actually had that for the first time this past cycle. I am not really sure what it means but I took note of it and plan to mention it to my doctor next time I call in. Mine was at 4, 5, and 6 DPO. Spotting and cramping that early is too early for IB or AF and too late to be from O. I am not sure it is common but I don't think it is necessarily a really bad thing either.

Jen@FirsAve June 24th, 2013 08:11 AM

Its not something i've experienced myself so cant really offer any advice I'm afraid. Did you have any more cramping after that at 3DPO?

ArmyWife28 June 24th, 2013 08:21 AM

I've had cramping 3 & 4 DPO, which my period ended up showing up. Hope that's not the case for you.

girlsofsummer June 24th, 2013 08:44 AM

I had some yesterday at 4 DPO, but it wasn't like the 3 DPO ones which truly made me think I was about to start bleeding any minute.

I'd classify the 4 DPO ones (and the occasional one or two today) more twinge-like than crampy.

It's highly likely AF will be here next week, just hope it's after I get back from vacation!

girlsofsummer June 24th, 2013 09:12 AM

Re: Cramping common 3 DPO? - updated with another possibility...post #6

I posted this to TTC board as well b/c they had a lot of activity this weekend. One person asked if I was sure I O'd when I thought I did. There's always room for error, especially since I'm new to this, so it is possible. However, just going off of EWCM and OPKs alone, I initially thought my O date was correct. I think I did O on Wednesday late night/early Thurs. (see chart)

However...I wasn't able to do an OPK on Thursday. My OPKs on Sat was negative, but still pretty dark. I was surprised that it still had that much color to it.

On Friday morning I woke up to a small glob of brown CM on my underwear. I chalked it up to BDing the night before, but thinking back, I don't normally have tinged CM the morning after, it's usually right after BDing when I use the bathroom.

I'm thoroughly confused now????

AshleyO June 24th, 2013 09:26 AM

It is really common and normal to have some brown spotting. Hope it is a good sign!

plan4fate June 24th, 2013 02:21 PM

I've been away/distracted so I didn't see this.

Cramping is possible and normal. I frequently get cramps after ovulation. Usually with in a few days, then a few days later, then a few more just before AF shows. Hopefully it's a good sign!

girlsofsummer June 24th, 2013 05:53 PM

More cramping this afternoon/evening, similar to how Saturday's felt. Blah.

Eating more Twizzlers will clearly help them go away ;)