JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   2WW..how do you ladies do it?!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2661302-2ww-how-do-you-ladies-do.html)

PinkHurricane June 25th, 2013 09:27 AM

2WW..how do you ladies do it?!!

So it's our first month TTC for our first baby, and I am 6DPO. My husband and I are about to go nuts waiting to test!!! I realize that because I had Mirena for so long and because I was on the Pill for one month that it can take a while for your body to be able to support a fertilized egg.

However that doesn't keep us from being super excited to be able to test and see if we are preggo or not! :excited:

So how do you ladies do this, make it through the 2WW without testing prematurely or going insane?!

KellJoO June 25th, 2013 09:58 AM

Re: 2WW..how do you ladies do it?!!

Nobody ever said we weren't insane... ;)

It depends on the month, some months go better than others. Keeping busy helps a ton. And staying off this board... LOL. I find that I have the strongest urges to test when I'm looking at all the pee sticks !! :)

DF and I are on a break now from TTC since our wedding is less than 3 months away. But, when we were trying earlier it was just best to keep busy. And we had a lot of practice sex in that TWW just to pass the time ;) ;)

GL to you

plan4fate June 25th, 2013 10:33 AM

Haha ha Kell!

I'm totally not the best one to ask. Test early? sure, why not? I buy pregnancy tests by the hundreds just for that purpose! :p

crap, just realized I only have about 10... and we are ttc this cycle... *spazz fit!*

In all seriousness... there is no cure. You're either a tester or you are not a tester. Neither handle the 2ww better than the other. TTC may as well earn you a temporary insanity permit I swear.

AshleyO June 25th, 2013 10:36 AM

Good luck! I am horrible with the TWW. I quit temping and POAS this month due to that. Which I have found is a little harder than I though to not POAS because you don't know when you ovulate!

jessicake June 25th, 2013 10:39 AM

Some months are easier for me too, but some are brutal! I'm 8 DPO now, and not spotting yet (I'm usually spotting by now...I usually have short LP's (8-9 days) and spot 2-3 days before my AF...last cycle I spotted 6 days :P). I've been doing a lot of holistic and diet approaches so maybe it's helping? I'm trying not to think I'm pregnant, just focusing on this cycle being healthier so far :) I am cramping a bit today, so I'm sure AF is on her way soon :P

ArmyWife28 June 25th, 2013 11:23 AM

I agree with Jess as well there are some months that easier for me than others, for example this month I'm currently 9DPO, and I've been so busy with Softball practice, games, & tournaments that I haven't even had time to obsess, which I'm pretty good at :)

IN my opinion I think it's best to stay busy to keep your sanity!

girlsofsummer June 25th, 2013 11:36 AM

I'm in the same boat as you with the Mirena thing! Patience? What is patience? ;)

momology June 25th, 2013 02:03 PM

I am def a POASer . . . I always have at least 20 ICs on hand and a couple FRERs just in case. I go the keep busy approach - girls nights, cooking dinners, date nights etc. . . not that any of it helps but it at least makes the time seem to go by a little faster. :D

remisue16 June 26th, 2013 09:18 AM

The 2WW is horrible!!! I honestly don't know how I make it through every month. I have limited my time on this site to just checking all the new messages and posts once a day and then once I have seen everything I'm not allowed back on. I also try to limit googling things about it because I start to obsess. I try to tell myself every month that I am NOT pregnant and also hold off as long as possible using a HPT cause my hopes always go way up only to crash back down. After a couple more months, I may stop temping after I have a confirmed O. We will see.

Stay busy! Give yourself projects! Try not to think about it! Only advise I have.

Jen@FirsAve June 26th, 2013 11:21 AM

Keeping busy is my trick - with work, gardening, DIY around the house. I am a tempramental POASer, some cycles I POAS every day - others I dont do it at all. I suspect this cycle may be in the 'not at all' category

PinkHurricane June 26th, 2013 12:34 PM

Thank you so much for all of the awesome advice ladies!!! I'm so glad I am not alone in my way of thinking, I love this board!:p
Today my husband called me while he was at work to see how my day was going, then he said I should go POAS. I'm only 7DPO today so I told him that would be a no go because I think it's too early to tell. Thought it's so dang tempting! Luckily I have used the advice of all of you and that's to keep busy! So I am going to spend a little time on here, then play some video games for a while! I already did a ton of housework, laundry, cleaning, and preparing dinner in our slow cooker to stay busy. Today was not as tempting as yesterday for sure.

However we did go out and get a few cheapie HPTs for when a few more days start to pass. :giggle: We do have two FRER which I figured we could save for a lot later on DPO if AF doesn't show! So in the meantime, we are doing like Kell and having plenty of practice TTC lovings! :D

Boolajoojoo June 26th, 2013 12:57 PM

I hate the 2WW, and it's usually not more than 9 days for me anyhow... pretty much I just obsess constantly. I need to find something to distract myself. My.... garden.... needs some serious weeding.

What video games are you playing?

PinkHurricane June 26th, 2013 01:22 PM

I love gardens! We weren't able to do one earlier this spring but I am still thinking about planting a few veggies in pots.

Right now I just put in Skyrim, the Elder Scrolls. I love RPGs, FPS, and things like Minecraft and Bioshock. Do you game too?
And gaming has certainly help keep me distracted from going to POAS, I know it's still wayyy too early!

Boolajoojoo June 26th, 2013 01:39 PM

Cool! DH plays a lot of Skyrim so I mostly watch him. My favorite games lately were the Uncharted series and also Red Dead Redemption. Replaying both now on the higher difficulties. I know both of those are actually a few years old now. Also I am into RPGs, trying to get through FF13-2, Because 13-3 is coming out soon... if it's not out already. As you can see I am usually a few months if not a couple years behind on the most recent games. I haven't seen a whole lot coming out lately that I am interested in. I really wanted to like Bioshock, and I own it, but it was really scary! LOL. If you can recommend anything, let me know.

PinkHurricane June 27th, 2013 01:42 PM

Oh okay yeah we have similar tastes for sure! I started playing Bioshock Infinite and I agree it's pretty scary but I like it a LOT more than the other Bioshocks, in fact this one is made by a completely different company. The Elder Scrolls is my absolute favorite RPG!

Have you ever played the sudo-RPG/FPS Borderlands? If not I HIGHLY suggest getting the first or second. The first is a ton of fun and gives you a bit of background for when you play the second. The second one is even better and my husband and I played co-op with our characters a LOT with the second one!

I have clocked a good bit of gaming in the past few days to keep from POAS but it's so dang hard, especially when I have cheapies in the house!!!

Boolajoojoo June 27th, 2013 03:39 PM

I will check out Borderlands I have not played it, that one's got a "Greatest Hits" now so I am sure I can find it cheap but I wasn't sure I would like it.

Glad you are staying distracted... we're side by side in the 2WW... not gonna lie... I already tested twice.... so dumb of me.

PinkHurricane June 28th, 2013 01:51 PM

Haha I have tested twice as well! I'm right there with you! Now I am going to 'try' to wait until at least Monday before I test again. :impatient: Of course, we will see how that goes over with DH :giggle:

I thought the same thing the first time I saw Borderlands, I thought it looked strange and that I wouldn't like it. But it really is a great game! If you can get the first one then that would be cool, there is a lot of really neat things about the game (be prepared for foul language) and if you decide to go ahead and get the second one, you will not be disappointed. There are so many improvements and innovations with the second one, and the story line is amazing, there was not anything I did not like about the game! Both are great, and the second one is beyond amazing!