JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Back and updates :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2663674-back-and-updates.html)

girlsofsummer July 5th, 2013 08:25 AM

Back and updates :)

Hi ladies!! Happy 4th to you all. Hope your last week was great. We rolled into town last night after our week in Mexico. Everything was great - food, beach, alone time, disconnecting from life. It was wonderful, BUT...

I got the mother of all periods on Sunday evening, the third day of our vacation. Literally the heaviest period I've ever had. By Tuesday night, it was so heavy, I bled through a Super Plus tampon in 2 hours (and almost filled a pad) and had nausea-inducing cramps. I couldn't swim on Wednesday and snorkeling excursion we had planned wasn't possible. So it was kind of disappointing. The only plus was that on Wednesday and yesterday, when it was really heavy, it rained pretty much both days constantly so at least I got sunny days with no AF in the first half of vacation.

We got to BD on Saturday, but I think I was most disappointed that all of the cute nighties I had packed stayed packed :/ DH was a bit disappointed, but he was mostly relieved/glad that I got a solid AF and that my body was regulating. It totally figures though -- I have been praying to get my period, but of course the prayer was more like, "Dear Lord please let me get AF soon, but not during the trail race and definitely not during vacation." I don't think God listens to "but".

Usually after vacation I'm sad it's over. Don't get me wrong, I am dreading going back to work on Monday. But this time, I'm excited because we having baby-making to get to now that my body is starting to get back on track!! And I really missed my pups this time around. :D

I'll start up with temping again tomorrow morning. I'm considering getting a new thermometer, so I'll need to find that today.

momology July 5th, 2013 08:58 AM

Re: Back and updates :)

Ohh sorry AF showed on your vacation that is a super bummer :hug: But it it sooo great that your body is getting back on track!!!!

Fx for you!!!!! :dust: :dust: :dust:

AshleyO July 5th, 2013 09:21 AM

Sorry AF showed lady I was really hoping she wouldn't! At least your body is starting to regulate itself, that is definitely a plus! I really wish that god listened to the "but" part sometimes lol.

remisue16 July 5th, 2013 10:35 AM

Sorry about AF!!! What a witch. I hope this cycle is normal and brings you that most coveted BFP!!

Cait&AngelAbove July 5th, 2013 12:06 PM

Sorry about the witch showing up on your vacation but I'm glad you're body is regulating!

Jen@FirsAve July 5th, 2013 12:32 PM

Typical AF, showing up when you dont want her to and not showing when you do want her to. Typical :rolleyes:

I'm glad you had a good vacation regardless and managed to enjoy some sunshine.

Yay for TTC :yellowcheer:

PinkHurricane July 5th, 2013 12:45 PM

Sorry to hear about AF showing up on your vacation and it causing you some problems, but great that your body is regulating!! Plus I know you and your DH are gearing up for some fun BDing this month!!

girlsofsummer July 5th, 2013 02:10 PM

Indeed, DH and I are going to have a blast this month ;) I plan on eating tons and tons of sushi in the first 10 days of every cycle from here on out.

Thanks for the cheerleading!

AnnaBonana July 5th, 2013 05:38 PM

So sorry AF crashed your party, but good job looking on the bright side!

Enjoy that sushi!