JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Feeling GREAT. Why didn't I do this sooner? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2664746-feeling-great-why-didnt-i-do-sooner.html)

KellJoO July 10th, 2013 06:27 AM

Feeling GREAT. Why didn't I do this sooner?

Other than having some minor cramping & bloat, I am feeling AWESOME. The best I have felt in months. I took my last BCP on Saturday... and over the week I've just been feeling better each day! I have more energy, seem WAY less moody, and just over all feeling good!

DF even mentioned it yesterday- he said it seems like I'm more "me" again.

I didn't realize it was possible to have such a drastic change in your body ... really makes me wish I hadn't ever started them again. But, hind site is 20/20..... right?

I CANT wait to start trying again.. so for now I'll just practice with temping/charting until we get to try in a couple months!!

Anyone else notice the huge change in physical/emotional state after stopping BCP?

momology July 10th, 2013 06:30 AM

Re: Feeling GREAT. Why didn't I do this sooner?

Yayyy I am so glad you are feeling so good!!! :cheer:

The same thing happened to me! Minus the frustrations of not getting AF when I went off BCP I felt fantastic. BCP really had me in a sort of fog and had actually changed me in a lot of ways that I forgot 10 years later. I hope the charting goes well, let us know if you have any questions! Cant wait to hear all about your wedding it is coming up so soon :D

remisue16 July 10th, 2013 07:13 AM

Yes, I know what you mean! On BCP I was extremely moody. I cried a lot and fought with DH a lot. It was really pretty miserable. I'm not even sure why DH (DF in the beginning) married me like that! I didn't realize how bad it was until I got off and everything was so much better. That stuff is just horrible and I will never take it again.

KellJoO July 10th, 2013 07:16 AM

DF has been very patient with me. I felt like a monster for the last few months. SOOOOO moody. The slightest things would irritate me... and thats not me AT ALL.

I feel bad because I could be such a b!tch. And he just bites his tongue and deals with me! LOL

Nicholle ttc July 10th, 2013 08:17 AM

So happy that you are feeling so good! :cheer:

girlsofsummer July 10th, 2013 08:47 AM

That is excellent news!! It scary and awesome at the same time to not be under the "spell" of hormonal birth control.

I had a similar experience on the Nuva Ring. I was depressed and moody and more anxious than ever. And my libido was really low. I think the anxiety was the worst though.

Very glad to hear that you are feeling better!

plan4fate July 10th, 2013 09:14 AM

Not my most recent brand... but I've had that with other brands in the past. I was on Yaz for a while... turned me into a monster.

KellJoO July 10th, 2013 05:36 PM

Yes it is scary. I would agree with the anxiety- worrying over everything. I feel way more relaxed and at eAse now.

I'm just glad I know now. I think that if I ever felt the need to prevent again we will practice charting and temping - no way am I going back on birth control!!

PinkHurricane July 10th, 2013 07:37 PM

Yay I am glad to hear you are doing so well!!! Yes, I noticed a big difference in how I felt physically and mentally after Mirena and after stopping the pill. I was in such a fog mentally with the pill, and physically after Mirena and the pill my body feels different and my energy has skyrocketed! I love that so much, because it's like my body is caring for itself instead of having to rely on synthetic hormones, I've also lost some excess bloat! :D