JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   OT! My wedding dress is here!!!!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2666239-ot-my-wedding-dress-here.html)

KellJoO July 17th, 2013 10:08 AM

OT! My wedding dress is here!!!!!!

Ok girls........

Since I cant post this on facebook, I'm posting here!!

I did the traditional dress shopping with all my bridesmaids in March and picked out a beautiful white strapless gown. Well, I got looking online and found a dress I HAD to have. Without even trying it on, I ordered it and knew it was fitting.

Our wedding is very non traditional. This is my second marriage and I figured HEY, we might as well have some fun with it. We are having an outdoor wedding, my DF and I are very into hunting and the outdoors. Our wedding will be at a game preserve out in the country. Beautiful.

So.... the dress is only fitting....

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...77944b170c.jpg

Its black on the bottom, with pick up hems, a slight train in the back. The top is Realtree Camo. :grin: I have a champagne colored sash that will go across the mid section to match my bridesmaids dresses. Oh, and everyone is wearing cowboy boots. :)

Jen@FirsAve July 17th, 2013 10:14 AM

Re: OT! My wedding dress is here!!!!!!

:excited: So exciting! Its beautiful and I think will fit your theme perfectly from what you describe - everyone wearing cowboy boots sounds fun! Can I come?? :giggle: I really want an excuse to go shoe shopping for some awesome boots!

Do you need to have any alterations? I've got to have my dress taken up an inch or so because its a little long.

KellJoO July 17th, 2013 10:23 AM

Thanks!! :) Sure gals, anyone who wants to come is welcome

I haven't tried it on yet, I HOPE it fits!! I'm going to try it on during lunch hour. I just walked into work and it was on my desk, must have showed up after I left yesterday :) I ordered extra length because I'm tall, so I may have to have it taken up a bit. But better than it being too short.

momology July 17th, 2013 10:41 AM

YAYYY!!!!!!!!! That is really really exciting!!!!!! Such a beautiful dress I love your theme :heart:

SmilingSam July 17th, 2013 10:42 AM

I love your theme! I think colored dresses are so much fun. :) hopefully it fits like a dream. Getting your dress makes everything very real. :heart:

girlsofsummer July 17th, 2013 11:47 AM

Ahh that is the BEST part of wedding planning! What a fun theme!

Boolajoojoo July 17th, 2013 11:58 AM

That is so awesome!! Make sure you take pictures with your bows or rifles. (Or whatever you hunt with, lol)

Also, this could bring new meaning to "shotgun wedding".

BabyBirdies July 17th, 2013 12:42 PM

Love the dress for the theme!!! My dress didn't really need to be shortened, but the hem was a little uneven (there was an overlay so it mattered more) so my seamstress did that for me. She was great.

Yay :)

plan4fate July 17th, 2013 12:46 PM

LOL you my girl are a braver gal than I! When we were planning our wedding we both wanted a very old fashioned theme (think semi medieval) but we weren't brave enough... then ran off and got hitched in New Orleans anyway. LOL

AshleyO July 17th, 2013 12:59 PM

Our families would not have let me do that!!!! Love the idea!!! I wore cowboy boots as well!

Cait&AngelAbove July 17th, 2013 01:06 PM

Love it!

girlsofsummer July 17th, 2013 01:36 PM

Kel, O/T I just realized that we'll be 2WW buddies! I know you're NTNP, but still :D

AnnaBonana July 17th, 2013 02:04 PM

I love it! My family would have loooooooved it if I did that... DH's family, not so much.

Gorgeous!

epsilonbeta July 17th, 2013 07:57 PM

lol, that's awesome!!! Definitely fitting to the theme!

PinkHurricane July 18th, 2013 01:25 AM

I absolutely love it! My husband and I had considered doing a camo themed wedding and I had a Real Tree camo type dress picked out in case we went with that idea!

Jen@FirsAve July 18th, 2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellJoO (Post 27524813)
Thanks!! :) Sure gals, anyone who wants to come is welcome

I haven't tried it on yet, I HOPE it fits!! I'm going to try it on during lunch hour. I just walked into work and it was on my desk, must have showed up after I left yesterday :) I ordered extra length because I'm tall, so I may have to have it taken up a bit. But better than it being too short.

Did it fit???? :excited:

AnnaBonana July 18th, 2013 03:04 AM

Second Jen.... DID IT FIT?!

KellJoO July 18th, 2013 06:48 AM

YES!!!!

It fits almost perfectly!!! The top is a little big, but thats no big deal to have taken in! Thats probably all I will need done. When I ordered it, they asked for bust, waist, hips measurements and height. So it was custom made. Not very expensive either! I am seriously in love with it!! <3

Thanks everyone...I will be sure to post pictures of our special day....a little over 2 months away!

jessicake July 18th, 2013 07:47 AM

Stunning!!! I just love it! Your wedding is going to be amazing :) We are outdoorsy and into hunting, camping, fishing, horses, etc...too. Hubby wore his cowboy hat and boots in our wedding.

remisue16 July 18th, 2013 08:13 AM

Awww that is sooo fun!! I can't wait to see it on you! What are you gonna do for a veil? Or are you going without?