JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Driving my husband insane.... OT (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2669004-driving-my-husband-insane-ot.html)

Ariw July 30th, 2013 01:44 PM

Driving my husband insane.... OT

So DH's dad is coming to town soon and I'm trying to make the guest bedroom nice..right now its just a full sized bed with a walmart blanket (all one color ugly off white)

So I made him take me to TJ Maxx to get a new comforter ..thinking after seeing the Target price tags (even though I LOVE their bedding) he would be happier with TJmaxx ..So he was in a grumpy mood, I was in a grumpy mood, it was SO hot out and we were both done (after grocery shopping) so I told him to pick his favorite and he did..I thought I was ok with it...

BUT I HATE IT!

I told him I wanted bright colors and something modern
We end up with a pale baby blue and gray/white quilt...I can't think of what to match with it besides white and gray.

I really wanted a navy blue I could pair with mustard yellow..Love that combo

So anyways now I'm thinking about taking it back ..even though I already laid it out on the bed to see ...but I didn't wash it and there were no tags to take off (came in the zipper bag) ..think they'll accept it? I have no idea of Tj's return policy

Also can anyone tell me how to post pics on here? I want to show you the hideous-ness

Here's the ugly quilt
Idk why it has so much glare..showed up fine on my phone but on the bottom you can see the colors

http://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...0d75a7ba7c.jpg

KellJoO July 30th, 2013 01:47 PM

Re: Driving my husband insane.... OT

LOL!

My DF gets annoyed with my decorating too. He says.......who cares you just sleep and drool on it anyways!

If you upload to tinypic.com you can use the image code (I think second one down) copy & paste for forums :)

momology July 30th, 2013 01:59 PM

You can totally take that back!! I think I took back 3 to Marshalls before I found one I liked. The trick is getting it back in the bag ;)

You can also use photobucket if you like. I have the app on my phone so it auto loads my pics to the site and then I get on my comp and paste the BB code over to here.

girlsofsummer July 30th, 2013 02:16 PM

I kinda like it :)

I don't see why you couldn't pair that with mustard yellow and/or maybe some coral throw pillow!

momology July 30th, 2013 02:21 PM

Hehe I kinda like it too :p

I think the fabric may be what is swaying you - I took back a quilted fabric pattern I liked because I wanted a more modern feel. I also think it could still pair with mustard - but I LOVE navy with mustard :D

Ariw July 30th, 2013 02:29 PM

Maybe it is the texture and stitching...it just gives off the old granny vibe to me
And I guess I wanted bolder colors...
Idk I'll sleep on it and see what I think of it tomorrow

KPinki July 30th, 2013 02:47 PM

I vote to return it and get something colorful!!

Nicholle ttc July 31st, 2013 04:53 AM

If you don't like it now, you probably won't like it a month from now. I'd take it back and get something you really want. You won't regret it later! :D

Jen@FirsAve July 31st, 2013 05:08 AM

If you cant take it back, try brining some colour into the room with throw cushions, a blanket, pictures, candles etc.

I recently took months to pick a new duvet cover for our bedroom, in end we got a beautiful one, which was super expensive so we bought it using money we got for christmas from relatives

Boolajoojoo July 31st, 2013 08:24 AM

They'll take it back. I also kinda like it. Is your DH going to be upset if you return it?

What did you decide to do?

Ariw July 31st, 2013 02:10 PM

I havent decided yet lol.
I can either take it back and spend more time and money finding one I really want, or I can just leave it and get some decor to brighten things up
-I really like Em's idea of coral pillows! LOVE coral and blue together
And I saw some stainless steal accessories that would make it more modern...

Besides the only time I am in that room is to make it up for guests..which is like MAYBE twice a year so I really don't need it to be perfect

Hmmm I will probably keep it :) and then redo OUR room which is what I really want ;)