JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   What can I do....? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2672541-what-can-i-do.html)

Boolajoojoo August 15th, 2013 01:38 PM

What can I do....?

I just posted a rant in my journal but it's TLDR...

What can I do *right now* and over the next 2 weeks to extend my luteal phase? I ovulated yesterday. I have been taking B vits for months. I have had 8 or 9 day LPs all year, once it got to 11 days.... I have progesterone from back in March and used once, but it wasn't the same cycle that I had the 11 day LP. Still, might as well start the progesterone cream today. And on the off chance that AF showing early has something to do with a food sensitivity causing inflammation I am going to avoid all processed food and also anything with gluten. I can't go full "low carb", too much protein makes me nauseous so I have to eat potatoes or rice with my meals...

If you can think of *anything* else I can do... I just want to be sure I am doing everything I can.

Thanks ladies!!!

Ariw August 15th, 2013 05:35 PM

Re: What can I do....?

I'm not sure about lengthening it but pineapple cores help with implantation... Not sure about all the details but worth google-ing to see if it helps speed up implantation

What I read was one whole pineapple divided into 5 portions (focusing on the core) and you eat one portion a day starting on day of ovulation

plan4fate August 15th, 2013 05:50 PM

hmm... I think you've pretty much got it covered..

My ob from home told me 3dpo to make sure I've actually O'd before using the progesterone cream.

Boolajoojoo August 16th, 2013 05:21 PM

Welp... I figure the spotting these last two days pretty much means I did actually O, so progesterone cream is a go, not that I expect it to help any, I have bigger problems I suspect. *sigh* Pro-tip, take a shower before using progesterone cream otherwise you'll end up like me, running around with greasy hair all day because I didn't want to rinse it off before it can do it's work. I'll try to remember this tonight so I can at least take a shower before bed. Luckily I was only seen out in public for a few minutes today...

I didn't do the pineapple core because timing the purchase of fresh pineapple is hard, the supermarkets sell it unripened and I never know exactly when I'm going to O. If you do find a ripe one, the bottom is rotten which grosses me out, but I do have bromelain (sp?) in a pill so I started taking that yesterday as well. Also, going to try taking lady's mantle, I have heard it might calm my "angry uterus" down a little. At least I'm going to be busy as heck the over the next couple weeks so the wait should be bearable. If I make it the full two weeks I'll actually test the day I am supposed to be leaving for a 2 week trip for work. Ok... let's be honest, I'll test long before then.