JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   (Updated with question) Holy middleschmertz! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2673174-updated-question-holy-middleschmertz.html)

girlsofsummer August 18th, 2013 02:24 PM

(Updated with question) Holy middleschmertz!

How many of you ladies get period-like cramps with ovulation? They're dull and kinda all over, and they make me sorta nauseous. I also had a different kind of spotting this month -- TMI: red suspended in EWCM.

Looks like only 20% of women get ovulation pain, which seems awfully low to me.

Do you think I should BD again? Or do you think its likely too late?

plan4fate August 18th, 2013 02:38 PM

Re: Holy middleschmertz!

I've had O pain so bad it's made me unable to talk for a few seconds.

I think more than 20% have it, they just don't know what it is.

Ariw August 18th, 2013 03:27 PM

I've always read to bd every other day starting a few days before o to a few days after

I bd'd every day starting a week before o until a few days after when we got a bfp

And I THINK I get cramps around O but it could be in my head lol

left_field August 18th, 2013 03:40 PM

I'd BD until a couple days after CM disappeared. Fingers crossed you catch that eggie!

Boolajoojoo August 18th, 2013 05:26 PM

Oh yeah... cramping... and a lot of the time AF like bleeding (major spotting that lasts 2 -3 days). I dunno how normal that is... also, the cramping is always on my right side. My doctor said that a lot of of women will always feel it on the same side even if they are ovulating different sides every month.

plan4fate August 18th, 2013 06:19 PM

I forgot the 2nd part of the question. We BD when we feel like it cycle long. lol. Usually it's daily/every other day until I lose all interest, then every other day until AF to keep DH happy.

Jen@FirsAve August 19th, 2013 03:46 AM

Oh yep I get O pain, worse on one side than the other. About the BDing i'd encourage it for upto 2-3 days post when you thought you O'd, just in case

girlsofsummer August 19th, 2013 06:09 AM

Amy, no kidding? I wondered why I usually feel it on the right side a lot. I thought something was wrong!

Thanks for the advice. I'm a little tender in my lady bits today from BDing all of these days in row. Ouchies!

But yeah I have a feeling my temps are stair-stepping this cycle -- no clear jump like the last two, but I also didn't take vitex this time around.

girlsofsummer August 20th, 2013 08:17 AM

Question: I can say with 95% certainty that I ovulated on Sunday (see my original post: cramps, some spotting, EWCM).

Yesterday (Monday) I was still wet. Temp went up. Today my temp spiked more and I had a glob of EWCM.

So what's that about?

plan4fate August 20th, 2013 08:52 AM

Re: (Updated with question) Holy middleschmertz!

your temp could rise for a few days post O.. that's actually a good sign.

And not everyone dries up right away post O.

Jen@FirsAve August 20th, 2013 11:04 AM

:ditto: Ashley!

AllyTales August 20th, 2013 11:07 AM

I get horrid O pain. Almost worse than AF!

girlsofsummer August 20th, 2013 11:23 AM

Ashley as usual, thank you! See? This is why you were meant to be a co-host <3