JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   interetsing web link but doubtful it's accurate (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2673304-interetsing-web-link-but-doubtful-its-accurate.html)

left_field August 19th, 2013 06:12 AM

interetsing web link but doubtful it's accurate

Happy Monday Ladies,

So I googled temping and found on another forum someone posted a link to this website Basal Body Temperature Adjuster - WhenMyBaby . It's in case you get up earlier than your normal temp time. Some say it's not accurate don't use it as not everyone's temps fall and rise alike. I'm not saying to use it either just posting that I found it. I'm sure during O time this predictor could really screw your chart up, don't ya think...

I think my best bet it to set the alarm for an hour or hour and half earlier and temp then cause I've been waking up too early and getting more temps at like 6 or 6 something more than waking at 7am. :angry2:

plan4fate August 19th, 2013 09:38 AM

Re: interetsing web link but doubtful it's accurate

hmm... don't like it.

I plugged in a temp then said I over slept an hour. It adjusted it by .2 degrees.. when it should be .3.

My charting program auto adjusts it, so when I was temping, I just had to approve the change when I hit save for the day.

Boolajoojoo August 19th, 2013 12:52 PM

Yah, I dunno, the formula it uses may be true for some but not others.

Mine personally don't seem to change according to any specific formula. I woke up at 6:30 this morning, which is my normal time because the cat HAS to have breakfast on time. Went back to sleep because I was exhausted from working all weekend. Woke up for real at 10:30. Temperature both times was 97.9.

Normally my temps vary from day to day, however Saturday I woke up at 4:30, Sunday at 5:30, and today 6:30 and 10:30. 97.9 each time..... wonder if my thermometer is broke. It's brand new... o.O This site would have adjusted my 10:30 temp to 97.1 though... and well... I know it ain't right because I did temp at my normal time. Then again the fact that I was out of bed for about 10 minutes could have swayed things too.... I dunno..

I'm wondering if these formulas take into account the time you went to bed or is it assuming that if you got up an hour early or an hour late, that you got an hour less or an hour more of sleep? Does that not matter? It seems like temping after a certain amount of time spent asleep would be more significant than what the time on the clock said.

plan4fate August 19th, 2013 02:20 PM

your temp should not be the same at 6 and 10. Our body temps decrease while we sleep to save energy, then increase during the day. I'd replace the battery in your thermometer. It might be new, but it might also be a dud.

Nature's a wonderful thing. You might notice seasonal shifts in your body temps. We are designed to get up with the sun, so summer temps tend to be higher than winter temps because your body should start to increase the temperature almost 2 hour earlier.

I tested mine out during a sleepless night. my temperature starts to rise at about 6am and peaks out around 10. .1 degrees every 20/25 minutes. I've always adjusted my temps, even before I tested it out (in fact I wasn't temping when i tested it.. just bored :p). If not my charts were erratic.

Boolajoojoo August 19th, 2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan4fate (Post 27597927)
your temp should not be the same at 6 and 10. Our body temps decrease while we sleep to save energy, then increase during the day. I'd replace the battery in your thermometer. It might be new, but it might also be a dud.

I dunno, maybe it shouldn't be but it is almost always the same if I temp twice in the same morning... and this happens frequently if I get up early and don't like the first number I will temp again if I fall back asleep for another 3 hours, not hard for me to do. Totally scientific, lol. Apparently my body doesn't like to do anything the "normal" way.

Still, 3 days of the exact same number is unusual for me. I just now checked again to see if it's the same and it's 99.17 which makes sense because I've been doing yard work... so I dunno. My last thermometer lasted me around a year. I hate how it's cheaper to buy a new thermometer than to buy a battery....