JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   My weekend surprise from DF! (OT) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2673330-my-weekend-surprise-df-ot.html)

KellJoO August 19th, 2013 08:19 AM

My weekend surprise from DF! (OT)

So.........most of you know my DF took a new job and I've been feeling kind of down in the dumps about it. I've been managing by staying busy but the moment I sit down to relax...I miss him like crazy.
I thank heaven everyday I have puppies! :D

Anyways......Saturday morning we got up and he said he had a surprise for me. I kind of thought I knew what it was but wasn't positive. We went to get tattoos! :) We've both been talking about how we wanted to get each others initials on our ring fingers... Thats what we went to do! We were a little bummed when we got there b/c the tattoo shop strongly discouraged us getting it done on our fingers. They said they never heal well and always end up looking blurry........ so we got them on our wrists instead.

I love how they turned out. DF already had the flames on his wrist, so they wrapped the K into the flames to look like it was meant to be there and not just a separate tattoo.

http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...bc8d795b6c.jpg

Very meaningful and now its a nice reminder when I'm missing him... I can just look down and know he has something to remember me by too.

girlsofsummer August 19th, 2013 08:39 AM

Re: My weekend surprise from DF! (OT)

Super sweet! Love them!

Was that your first tattoo?

KellJoO August 19th, 2013 08:42 AM

No, I have a celtic shamrock on my back. I got that one about a year and a half ago. I'm hooked......I want more! LOL

Jen@FirsAve August 19th, 2013 09:14 AM

Wow! They look great, i'm far too wussy for a tattoo but I love that they meant so much to you and DH!

plan4fate August 19th, 2013 10:31 AM

yeah we had friends who did the tattoo under/in place of their rings... they looked HORRIBLE. oh gawd... ghastly.

And then they divorced a year later, and they won't remove the tattoo for fear she might lose the use of her finger (can cause the tendons, ligaments and muscles in the hand to contract) oops.

KellJoO August 19th, 2013 10:46 AM

YIKES!!!!!!

Of course everyone that has seen it so far has given me the lecture about "well, what if you divorce?!" Well, then I guess I'll have to deal with the letter B on my arm. Thats a risk I'm willing to take :)

I think the better question would be.......why would I be so worried about putting the man I love and plan to be with for eternity's initial on my arm. ;) But thats just me.

plan4fate August 19th, 2013 11:14 AM

give your first kid a B name, and your second a K name.. problem solved ;)

Ariw August 19th, 2013 12:20 PM

Cute! I've planned to get dh's initials too... And I've gotten the same talks...but if I was concerned about divorce or had any doubt I wouldn't have married him in the first place ...plus if they actually knew my husband they would know he doesn't believe in divorce even under the most difficult of circumstances.. And of course people have a lot to say about that as well but hey it's our marriage and yalls will be your own marriage too so everyone else can deal with it :)
Love your tattoos :)

Boolajoojoo August 19th, 2013 02:15 PM

Those are great!

If your relationship goes south, tattoos can be covered up. Or you can think of a B word to describe your ex and add the letters to it.

J/K. It's so sad the number of people that think marriage is a temporary thing. Marriage is more serious commitment than a tattoo in my opinion, but people don't generally discourage you from getting married because you "Might split up some day."

Love the ink, your artist did a good job.

KellJoO August 20th, 2013 06:56 AM

My thoughts exactly, ladies.

If it comes to that, I will deal with it then. But, I'm in this for the long run and I know he is too. :wub: