JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   New to TTC (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2676130-new-to-ttc.html)

BamaLove September 2nd, 2013 01:15 AM

New to TTC

I already posted in the TTC board so hope it is okay to double post here as well :)

Hello all I am 26 years old and have been married to my best friend for almost 6 yrs. We had never really talked about TTC until our close friends had a baby and then we had the "we are ready" talk. I have been researching for the past couple of months things we can do to help boost our odds of getting pregnant so I am armed with OPKs and a BBT. I tend to have longer cycles (38-40 days) so my gyno suggested BBT to help me pin point O. I usually am not very open about this kind of stuff but thought maybe a place to land to learn some things would be great and helpful. I am now just waiting for AF to show which should be in the next week or so. Hope to get to know some of you as well.

Ariw September 2nd, 2013 04:48 AM

Re: New to TTC

Hi! Welcome to the boards! I'm Ari ..dh and I are on our 2nd cycle..first was back in April and ended in an ectopic so this is our first one trying again.
The girls on this board are awesome..so sweet and helpful.
I hope your stay here is short and sweet :)

The boards the may be a little quiet today since it's the holiday weekend..

BamaLove September 2nd, 2013 04:51 AM

Thank you so much for the warm welcome :)

Jen@FirsAve September 2nd, 2013 05:27 AM

Hi and :welcome:

You've found a great board here (even if I do say so myself), we have a group of very knowledgeable and supportive ladies! It sounds like you're off to a great start with TTC, are you using an app to help you chart your BBT? Alot of us here use Fertility Friend, which also comes with some charting lessons when yo0ur first starting out.

If you like to read, i'd also recommend a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

:gl: and I hope your stay is short and sweet!

BamaLove September 2nd, 2013 05:55 AM

Thank you :) I plan on using Fertility Friend.

left_field September 2nd, 2013 06:01 AM

Welcome, Ditto the other on the comments about a great board. I'm in my 10th cycle of TTC and now in the TWW. If AF doesn't come on Saturday as planned I will test. Hope you're stay is short and sweet.

butterfly721 September 2nd, 2013 02:19 PM

Welcome! It's nice to meet you. I look forward to getting to know you. My DH and I have been TTC since January of this year.

momology September 2nd, 2013 03:10 PM

Welcome to the board!! I am Elle :waves: DH and I have been TTC since April 2012. I ditto everything the other ladies have said about this board I have always found it to be an amazing group of women full of information and support. I look forward to getting to know you!!

BamaLove September 3rd, 2013 03:23 AM

Thank you so much :)

girlsofsummer September 3rd, 2013 08:05 AM

Hi and welcome! I'm Em.

BBT and charting has been very helpful for me -- I was unsure of when I was ovulating. And ditto what the others said .... these ladies here have so much knowledge and for sure know their stuff!

plan4fate September 3rd, 2013 09:45 AM

Welcome!

I'm Ashley, my husband and I have been trying for 20 months for our first together, he has a lovely little boy from his first marriage. Don't be alarmed at how long we've been trying, we likely have some underlying troubles that we can't address just yet.

BabyBirdies September 3rd, 2013 06:09 PM

Welcome!! I'm Jessica, we've been trying just over a year (working on getting some things fixed). Looking forward to getting to know you and I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

JennyLee September 3rd, 2013 07:03 PM

Hi! I'm Jenny:waves: I'm 30, and have been TTC#1 since January 2011. We are just starting IVF. BBT and OPKs are definitely the first steps toward pinpointing ovulation. Good luck!

BamaLove September 4th, 2013 07:23 AM

Thank you so much girls :) I am spotting so fingers crossed AF shows up ASAP :P

blaundee September 8th, 2013 04:15 PM

Hi Bama I too ama newbie, I just joined the board today :) I hope you dont think I'm trying to steal your thread, just figured it would be a good place to introduce myself as well :) I am 32, been married almost 10 yrs, and we just recently started thinking about ttc, so we're doing what we can to get ready. (havent actually started ttc yet, but plan to very soon) My AF is 3 weeks "late" but preg test says negative, I think my body is just getting back into the swing of things since I was on the birth control pill for a little over 9 years. I went off of it in May of this year, and it took about 7 weeks to get my first period, which went very normally, but now I'm waiting for the next one. I read that it can take several months for your body to regulate after going off of the pill, so I'm not worried right now, just kind of impatient for AF to show up so I can get to charting lol :)