JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Dr appt results (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2679351-dr-appt-results.html)

hopelessly wishing September 16th, 2013 01:12 PM

Dr appt results

Well.. My second blood results will not be in until tomorrow. She checked all my other blood work results and every came back good, except my progesterone. Which is low.
Butt!! I truly don't think I am pregnant now because my first blood test results were only at 24. Being that my lmp was aug. 6th, I know they should be in the thousands.
Dr mentioned something about a blighted ovum..

SO, COME ON LADIES.. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.. PLEASE BE HONEST AND NO FALSE HOPE. THE DR TOLD ME NOT LOSE HOPE JUST YET BECAUSE THE CUTOFF IS AT 2. BUT I DON'T BELIEVE ANYMORE..

momology September 16th, 2013 01:24 PM

Re: Dr appt results

It is so hard to say based on your LMP. What matters more is when you ovulated. In this scenario if you ovulated very late (in the past 14ish days) then there is still a chance. 24 is a fine first HCG number for being 4 weeks. But it is not a great number for 5 or 6. Low progesterone is also not a great sign - did your doctor give you Progesterone supplements? Everyone is different and I dont want you to completly lose hope yet either. I always go for the cautiously optimistic route. I am sorry you are going through this and I am still hoping for you and keeping my Fx for you.

hopelessly wishing September 16th, 2013 02:00 PM

Well I'm almost positive I ovulated on Aug. 24th and the last time we BD'd was Aug 23rd.
I called my dr's office when I started getting my positives, which were late, 16dpo, and they started me on progesterone suppositories. Two 200mg a day. I started taking the on Sept 10th and the following day is when I started spotting. And continue to spot till this day. Sometimes bright red, most of the time just pink. I've gotten 2 negatives at two different drs offices. After the first negative I came home, took 2 store bought tests and got faint positives. My latest faint positive was yesterday morning FMU. Which is always stubborn for me, but "worked" this time. But today at my drs office the urine test came back negative.

plan4fate September 16th, 2013 03:03 PM

1- no more doctors pee tests. they have a threshold of 100 and you're probably paying $20 per test, or more.

I wish I had more to say.. but I really don't. 24 isn't a bad first beta. I've seen worse turn into babies. I've seen better turn into losses. What will matter is what the next one, and an ultrasound say.

hopelessly wishing September 16th, 2013 03:20 PM

If tomorrow's numbers aren't doubled, this means I'm not pregnant right? I just want to make sure because if my numbers don't go up, I plan on canceling my u/s appt on Wednsday.
My u/s will cost me $120 up front and if all they are going to tell me is, I'm not pregnant, I rather keep that money in my pocket.

I know this might sound bad. But why pay 100+ for bad news.

momology September 16th, 2013 03:32 PM

:ditto: Ashley - definitely no more doc office pee tests. It is so hard to say what the numbers will mean depending on what they are exactly. I would wait and see what your numbers are, talk to your doctor, and then decide about the U/S. As Ashley mentioned beta numbers can still go either way it does not seem to be a very exact science yet. I am still hoping for you hun.

hopelessly wishing September 16th, 2013 03:41 PM

I don't ask for them. They just tell me to pee in a cup when I get there.
But since she mentioned blighted ovum I been researching and seems like a lot of what's going on with me sounds to be one. So instead of giving myself another day of false hope, I'm just going to accept the fact that I'm not pg if numbers don't double tomorrow. And sadly wait for the miscarriage.
That's the thing I feared this entire time. :(

plan4fate September 16th, 2013 04:08 PM

Sweetie... even if the numbers don't double you still are pregnant.. you are just going to be facing a miscarriage.

I would cancel the ultrasound. They can't see anything until your HCG is a certain amount, unless you are having a lot of pain which could signal an ectopic.

hopelessly wishing September 16th, 2013 04:14 PM

No pain. Just random mild cramps. That's all so far

JennyLee September 16th, 2013 08:07 PM

Yeah, they won't be able to see anything on u/s at those numbers. You really do need two betas to determine anything, so hope is not lost until you get that second number.

hopelessly wishing September 16th, 2013 08:15 PM

The second tests numbers will be in tomorrow, so I will be calling for them in the morning. I will post the results when I get them.

"That moment when someone asks you if you're ok, and befor you can speak, the tears start to fall"

SmilingSam September 17th, 2013 12:21 PM

*lurking* Any update?

hopelessly wishing September 17th, 2013 12:26 PM

Well I passed a blood clot this morning and there more bright red blood. So I believe the miscarriage process has begun. I did call my drs office this morning for the results, but I have to wait for a call back to get them.