JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   So confused..... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2684287-so-confused.html)

Mbwebb11212 October 8th, 2013 06:22 AM

So confused.....

Because my periods have been exceptionally abnormal since I had gallbladder surgery in June I decided to start charting my temps again as well as using the OPK's. I have been using the Clear Blue digital OPK's but they have since come out with a new one that's called Clear Blue Advanced. The old one would give you a smiley face for two fertile days and any other day you got an open circle, with the new one, it gives you more fertile days, I started testing on CD11 which is also when I started noticing CM. These tests will flash a happy face when you're fertile and when you're at your most fertile a happy face will remain for 2 days. Anyhow, we did the BD every night, Weds-Sun and I was expecting that my chart would show that I O'ed yesterday but nothing. Then last night I noticed more EWCM and I did another test trip and I got another flashing smile. I'm not supposed to test anymore after I get the smiley face that last for 2 days. According to my chart I still haven't O'ed.

I understand this isn't an exact science but what is going on with my body? Am I super fertile woman? I didn't think that these OPK's would give a positive unless they detect an LH surge. Is it possible that I'm fertile for this many days?!?!

Sorry for the long post but I'm frustrated. Every time I think I understand what's going on with my body it does something wonky.

momology October 8th, 2013 06:50 AM

Re: So confused.....

:hug: I really do know how frustrating that is. Saying "fertile days" can be a little misleading. Think of it more as the potential O window. When the OPKs detect an LH surge they are basically saying "hey you there is a chance you may O soon!!" but sometimes our bodies gear up to O and just dont quite make it and if that does happen then the first positive wasn't really a fertile time for you. So getting another positive OPK means your body is having another LH surge and hopefully you will actually O this time.

I really do know how frustrating it is. I hope you O soon!!! Sending some O dust your way!!

:dust:

Mbwebb11212 October 8th, 2013 06:58 AM

Aww, thank you!!! :D

I never knew that could happen. That makes a lot of sense now. Thank you for explaining that. I'll just have to keep testing to see how things go. I already told the hubby to prepare for more baby dancing tonight lol.

Gcarr38 October 8th, 2013 12:29 PM

did you get the solid smiley that stays for 2 days or just the flashing smiley? I got the flashing smiley for 3 days in a row (which means high fertility) and then the 4th I got the solid smiley that stayed for two days which means it's your peak fertility. They are pretty confusing!